• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

OKAY SO

I guess we're in MYLO today, probably wolves made a proposal N1 that made flips either show up as the opposite or town flips only reversed (more confusing option tbh).

I think I might be the only one who's kind of taking this seriously and it's making me feel very silly but whatever

Eifie are you city tho? pls no memeorino if you're claiming wolf while actually city, you're making me want to policy lynch you even though I think the mechanically correct thing to do taking into account the flip confusion is to actually kill IN the non flipped pool - tempted to retract my Hiikaru read bc he reads tonally different this game from our last game (presumably if he doesn't care like he says that makes sense but my attempt to find anything to base reads off of this game is grasping at the splinters of straws)

By contrast I honestly think RNPs handling of my thunderdome with him was towny and I'm retracting my suspicions there, especially if reads are just fully flipped and wolves were two people at that time because it seems unlikely one of them wouldn't have gotten involved to push it against me.

idk I'm just gonna like

reread some stuff tomorrow and figure out a plan of action maybe

what is mafia

ok here is the information i have.

night before last i proposed that the first vote a townie places on scum counts for double, and in return the first vote a mafioso places on a functional power role counts for double. they may unvote and revote; as long as their vote is still placed on that first person at the end of the day, it counts for double. let me know if that's confusing and i can explain more but i'm not sure i'm allowed to quote the pm directly, am i?

this is why i didn't vote yesterday. i wanted to see what would happen. i haven't reread yesterday yet, but i thiiiink this is kind of a point in favor of both panini and rnp, since it resolved in a tie. correct me if i'm wrong there.

with that in mind, i decided i could trust panini, rnp, and butterfree by association. i think there's something fucky with the flips, probably initiated by scum, so i kind of still feel inclined to trust butterfree. anyway, that led me to investigate hiikaru last night, and he flipped scum. soooo

vote: hiikaru

i encourage you guys to fact check my logic on that first bit there, i haven't had the time/energy to reread so it's exceedingly possible i fucked something up there

ok here is the information i have.

night before last i proposed that the first vote a townie places on scum counts for double, and in return the first vote a mafioso places on a functional power role counts for double. they may unvote and revote; as long as their vote is still placed on that first person at the end of the day, it counts for double. let me know if that's confusing and i can explain more but i'm not sure i'm allowed to quote the pm directly, am i?

this is why i didn't vote yesterday. i wanted to see what would happen. i haven't reread yesterday yet, but i thiiiink this is kind of a point in favor of both panini and rnp, since it resolved in a tie. correct me if i'm wrong there.

?

Didn't you say this yesterday:
oh, another thing. i asked keldeo last night if there were any power roles in this game (it pertained to my proposal) and he said no. then he clarified here. with that said, butterfree, how do you know panini is good?

If there's no power roles, how did this go through, was it outlined what constitutes a "functional power role" since presumably none of us started that way?

Man I really do have WW fatigue when I can barely read 7 pages

Here’s some new claims information because we might as well just get everything out here: I made proposals for both events N0 and N1. Last night I proposed # of alive town members be revealed. The event prize I won D1, I used N1 to protect Butterfree.

D1:
Letter T (claimed by Stryke) and ye olde english post restrictions
Post Bingo event (I won this)
I have neighbourhood with Eifie (presumably her proposal?)
Buttefree claims red check on Chem
I lost my vote
Chem gets lynched and flips “mafia”

N1:
Eifie is killed
I doctor Butterfree

D2:
Gifs are forbidden
Dodgeball (My proposal)
Butterfree green checks me
Styrke says something about turning RNP into porridge
Me and RNP thunderdome, Stryke abstains
Hiikaru is around at EOD but refuses to vote on anyone
Abstain ends up going through

N2:
Butterfree dead

D3:
Declared that we started with 6/8 town and are now at 4/6 town
Gifs still banned
Eifie somehow alive now
qva claiming red checked Hiikaru

Important questions:
Eifie, did you do something N1 to get yourself killed?
If not, did anyone ELSE do something to get Eifie killed?
Is one or all of these flips bogus? (See below)

HERE’S THE ISSUE - Butterfree claimed a red check on Chem D1 right? That means the two probably aren’t teamed - either Butterfree was telling the truth and Chem /was/ checked mafia, or Butterfree knew flips were messed up and got Chem killed knowing he would flip red. BUT, if the two weren;t teamed then one of these truly was a red flip → we should have one less wolf today and see 5/6 town rather than 4/6.

Possible explanations:
1.There was a conversion
2.V!Butterfree received a false check somehow
3.The count indicates actually only one mafia left and one 3P

I think it's either 1 or 3 and I guess votes today probably come down to Eifie or Hiikaru/qva (I guess thunderdoming by default)

OH YEAH PANINI DID YOU EVER DECODE MY MESSAGES

AT SOME POINT I WAS TRYING TO SAY

WE ARE ALL MAFIA ON THIS BLESSED DAY
MAYBE THE REAL MAFIA ARE THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY
WHAT IS A MAFIA? A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS

Current Votes

Stryke (1): RedneckPhoenix (#127)
Hiikaru (1): qva (#129)
Not voting: Eifie, Stryke, Panini, Hiikaru

Day 3 ends in around 24 hours. There will be a time extension if the vote is tied at deadline.

UM I VOTED FOR REDNECKPHOENIX THANK YOU VERY MUCH

BECAUSE HE IS A WOLF

RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE

ok there are a lot of info-dense slang-heavy posts going on in here and i don't actually know mafia slang because i don't play on the other forum

i think it's pretty likely that we have at least one bogus flip

butterfree's not mafia because she got chem killed, right? unless your theory about butterfree being the real mafia is correct, but, considering chem can apparently talk, then if he was town you'd think he would've said so

also meta but it's way more likely that d1 someone just used inspect rather than doing anything creative like framing someone

last game i also didn't care but i committed to posting regularly for eifie's sake and i've made no such promise to keldeo

Back
Top Bottom