• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Activity pit of doom

I'm glad there are people out there who wanted to act, but unlike me had enough confidence to do something. I'd love to see a public address or something talking about when we can expect the league back, and what kind of changes are coming.

was it, now? i don't recall that being the reason?

From the ones that I've talked to, it was a part of it, though small.

Most of it was disagreements about *events* involving the Battle for ASB, which pretty much killed ASB.

Has anyone even gotten a response from any of them?

And why were the modded and nothing announced? I get that they're not 'true' mods, but there still was action taken without notifying the rest of the forum? I mean, like we would oppose anything, but it still would have been nice to know so none of us would waste our time.

Last edited:
I am really disappointed that the response to people actually working on ASB is 'WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL US???' 'HAS ANYTHING EVEN BEEN FIXED YET???'. People are taking time out of their lives to put something together for the forum here? Do you think maybe people haven't been keeping it a ~secret~ and instead didn't want to announce it until things had actually been organised? People have already been approached for extra help (like me) and I'm sure other people will be contacted if you're needed?

I know people are impatient - and I am, too - but ASB isn't exactly a tame beast to ride, okay! There's a lot of shit to do and it really, really bugs me for people to get upset that they ~weren't told~ even though there's still a whole bunch to do. From what I understand we're probably going to have to run ASB pre-hack for a while (at least).

tl:dr; can we not do this??? it's like 1000% more drama than is actually needed, guys.

Or would have said anything at all. WTF guys? Why wouldn't you tell anyone? And why weren't members told of people being modded, ASB mods or not. Keeping shit behind closed doors and doing things behind backs is why so many members, senior members at that, left. We're in this together.
and we also don't need this kind of attitude? what do you think they've been doing, rigging ASB or something? I am pretty sure that people trying to reconstruct ASB for the forum is a *little* different than some members being secretive and making events no fun for a lot of people? also i am pretty sure you can't speak for 'so many senior members'.

Last edited:
^That's not what I meant at all.

I'm just saying decisions were made and no one was told. I'm not angry, I'm just a bit confused and concerned. Perhaps people would have like to have known who to contact if they wished to help? Because if Neg hadn't linked I never would have even known, I mean, who regularly checks the staff listing?

And I can speak a bit for the few I have talked to. I went out of my way to contact them because I was concerned cared about people. (I was sad they left, because I actually care about you people here at TCoD a lot.)

I said "is why so many members, senior members at that, left.". Now, I note it might not be as clearly put as it could be, but what I meant from that is; so many members, and many senior members at that, left. And it's true, from what I understand of course, though there is more to it that doesn't need to be said.

Sorry about cursing, no filter, been playing too much Call of Duty.

Last edited:
And I can speak a bit for the few I have talked to. I went out of my way to contact them because I was concerned and actually freaking cared about people. (I was sad they left, because I actually care about you people here at TCoD a lot.)

is the implication here that no one else cares about some tcodians ?_?

I know people are impatient - and I am, too - but ASB isn't exactly a tame beast to ride, okay! There's a lot of shit to do and it really, really bugs me for people to get upset that they ~weren't told~ even though there's still a whole bunch to do. From what I understand we're probably going to have to run ASB pre-hack for a while (at least).

I think people are acting impatient because of the fact progress actually is being made. I'm sure a lot of people weren't happy about the ASB shutdown in the first place, but at the time there wasn't much hope. Now we have something to look forward to, and the overflow of frustration from before is being displayed.

Personally I apologize if I sound impatient. If they do say something, I'm sure our only reaction will be praise.

is the implication here that no one else cares about some tcodians ?_?

Whoah, what? I never said that?! Nothing I said even hinted at that. All I said was a checked up because I cared. There was no hidden implication or anything. I was just saying I cared. If anyone left because they felt hurt or anything I'd ask them if I could do something or help. It's just how I am. I just.

That's not what I meant goddamn it. Maybe you just read it in the wrong like, voice.

Seriously. I even just had a friend read over that and tell me what he thought I was saying, because I'm seriously confused and appparently can't say things right.

If I wanted to say something poly, I would have said it straight up, but I didn't, so I never said that. Ever. Wut.

Ah powers just fucking shoot me already.

Whoah, what? I never said that?! Nothing I said even hinted at that. All I said was a checked up because I cared. There was no hidden implication or anything. I was just saying I cared. If anyone left because they felt hurt or anything I'd ask them if I could do something or help. It's just how I am. I just.

That's not what I meant goddamn it. Maybe you just read it in the wrong like, voice.

Seriously. I even just had a friend read over that and tell me what he thought I was saying, because I'm seriously confused and appparently can't say things right.

If I wanted to say something poly, I would have said it straight up, but I didn't, so I never said that. Ever. Wut.

Ah powers just fucking shoot me already.

that's how it came across to me and i have a feeling others could have construed it that way or not. whether you meant it or not that was actually pret-ty strongly implied sorry

that's how it came across to me and i have a feeling others could have construed it that way or not. whether you meant it or not that was actually pret-ty strongly implied sorry

I just need to find a corner and just sit there humming Kansas songs off key.

Translation: Dammit. Forgive me poly, and anyone that misread that post. I just. I'm having trouble picking the right words lately. I'm not right in the head lately. Sorry again. I can has forgives?

I forgive you (even though I'm new).

I think I'll try to help in anyway I can. I know I probably won't be able to come on everyday, but I can find some time to come on at least once a week, so if there is anything I could do to help, even though I'm new, I wouldn't mind doing so since I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon... Unless I somehow lose internet.

I agree that it would have made sense to give a little announcement or heads-up that people were in the process of resurrecting ASB - in fact, I had seen people discussing it on IRC but because there had been no announcement and nothing had been posted in the ASB forum, I assumed that meant the idea had been abandoned. But the cry for transparency!! doesn't make a lot of sense to me - this is just organizational clumsiness among some members of a Pokémon forum, not shady government officials trying to cover up something that actually matters. Wanting to know about an ASB revival is entirely understandable, but being utterly scandalized to hear you didn't know it was happening seems like a wee bit of an overreaction.

Last edited:
Introductory sorry! I get that at the point people were discussing opening it themselves, we really should've said something, but UV pretty much got it:

Do you think maybe people haven't been keeping it a ~secret~ and instead didn't want to announce it until things had actually been organised? People have already been approached for extra help (like me) and I'm sure other people will be contacted if you're needed?

It's been a while since we first started planning to reopen ASB! A lot of things have happened since then, but we're still not ready. I really don't think it would've been better if we said we were working on it a month ago; announcing something like that with nothing to show for it would probably make everyone even more frustrated about it than they are now.

And why were the modded and nothing announced? I get that they're not 'true' mods, but there still was action taken without notifying the rest of the forum? I mean, like we would oppose anything, but it still would have been nice to know so none of us would waste our time.
Because we can only mod a dead forum at the moment, and we were planning an announcement for when we were actually ready? This isn't something where we're secretly going along and doing... something. Running the entire forum from behind the scenes? I get that it would be nice to know, but. We were hoping it would be nice to make one big surprise announcement when the league was ready and running again.

I'm glad there are people out there who wanted to act, but unlike me had enough confidence to do something. I'd love to see a public address or something talking about when we can expect the league back, and what kind of changes are coming.

For when the league is ready to come back... we're not really sure. We can't access the hack, and we don't have records/data of all the pokemon and items that exist in there right now. Once we have that, though, it shouldn't be much longer.

We already have the opening announcement ready, and we pretty much know what we're trying to do. At this point, I don't think we'll need to ask for help! That might change once ASB is actually open, but for now, we're fine.

... Butterfree ninja'd me, and I guess that makes a lot of my post redundant, but I don't really know what I should say other than that.

That's nice to know. Thanks for the heads up and hopefully you can get the necessary data soon.

I'm really happy with the way this thread turned out. It's just like the good old days - which means TCoD's back on track! Boy, we sure dodged a bullet on that one, huh?

If we need any extra hands doing something, I'm avaliable! ^_^'
I've been getting involved in some table top RPGs lately, so if we ever brought ASB back, I could help with that (I did do some of that when I was active a year ago >.>), I do artsy stuff.. Uh.. ..I do animating.. Uh.. Yeah. Not really good at any scripting though. So. XD

I'm glad Maimi came and cleared things up, I know what to look forward to now. I think it's a big help, at least, I don't know about you guys.

also we're not some secretive cabal or anything like that really, we just don't have a pr department and didn't feel the need to hire one before we were done reoorganising

Back
Top Bottom