• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random thread: HEARTGOLD SOULSILVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contests were better. And I hated contests.

Also the only two members from my dream I actually have are my starter and Ho-oh.

Anyone but me notice how the Kanto music in HGSS is...
1. different from the Johto music in HGSS
and
2. remixed from the FRLG music?

YAY NOSTALGIA!

Yes, I did. that's why the GB sounds are even better, because it makes the sounds just like the old ones

It actually took me a few minutes after encountering a Wingull fresh off the Johto to Kanto boat to realize that, but it's great. can't wait for the GB sounds.

GB Sounds is great for most of the game, but I never use it in Kanto unless I'm staying far away from any place with random encounters... the remixed Kanto wild Pokémon battle music from G/S/C is by far the worst piece of music in the entire game (possibly in the entire series), and having that play every time you run into a wild Pokémon made G/S/C's half-assed Kanto even worse.

Fortunately, HG/SS unhalfassed-ified Kanto, and made the Kanto wild Pokémon battle music sound a lot better than the original Gameboy version... though I still prefer the Johto wild Pokémon battle music.

No one. Pokéathalons suck.

Badly.

They're a sad excuse for a contest replacement.

And more importantly, SOme of us don't like to use the touch screen. ANd that's all you can use for the stupid things

I totally agree, I tried one of the events once just to see what the heck it was and it's so horrible! I really miss the contests from R/S/E. Even the ones in D/P/PT suck; I mean dancing and dressing up? What the bloody hell is that!?

And Whitney you've got to be kidding me! I was so prepared for the hardass battle I had with her in original but OMG did they ever ease her up! She doesn't spam rollout anymore in fact in my battle she never used it at all! So first I poisoned it with my bayleef so reduce the usefulness of milk drink or potions(she never used that in original Silver against me but wanted to be safe anyway). Then I sent out my impish Quagsire whom she did nothing but stomp a bunch and not do a whole lot of damage(because the impish nature means her defense is boosted). So my Quagsire took her out pretty damn easily! It really dropped my jaw.

Originally Posted by Brock
No one. Pokéathalons suck.

Badly.

They're a sad excuse for a contest replacement.

And more importantly, SOme of us don't like to use the touch screen. ANd that's all you can use for the stupid things

Wrong. I like the Pokelathon even if I've only won once

... And I have a Mothim in Diamond but that doesn't change the fact that this thread is kind of long dead and shouldn't be responded to any more.

Is it not slightly hypocritical to post in a dead thread to tell someone that they have posted in a dead thread? Next time, please just report the post and move on. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom