• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's Play! Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town

hopeandjoy

yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-4.png

First off, for those who don't know a Let's Play is when basically, someone plays a game, but you make the decisions. LPs can be in video or screenshot form. In this case, it will be screenshot because I don't have a microphone. Anyway, LPs can be funny, informative, or some mix between the two. I'm aiming for the mix. It's better than it sounds.

What is Harvest Moon? Harvest Moon is a RPG dedicated to farming, ranching, and getting married.

Now before you leave the thread, it's much, much better than it sounds. Why else would it last from the SNES to the Wii?

You are a Farm Boy/Girl who gets roped into running a run-down farm. With bad tools, bad buildings, a field full of weeds, rocks, and stumps, and nothing but your dog by your side, can you become rich?

In MFoMT you play as a female, by the way.

So, where's the interactivity? That's easy! You decide on things like names, crops, the guy we marry, and much, much more!

But to get us started...

story.jpg

This is our Protagonist. Cute, isn't she? Our friend here is around 18-25, I believe, despite the art.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-3.png
This being a RPG, we need to pick her name...

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-2.png
...her birthday...

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-1.png
...the farm's name...

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineralTow.png
...and her dog's name.

Please, nothing inappropriate.

Of course we can choose from the following men:

gray_body.png
Gray, a sightly grumpy fellow person from the city. He works at the blacksmith. He's easy to get, because he likes sticks, which you can find all over your field.

rick_body.png
Rick, a slightly over-protective big brother. Oh, and he has glasses and the cutest blushing face ever. He works at Poultry Farm, where you buy your chickens and chicken related needs. He's easy to get because he loves spa boiled eggs and once you get a chicken, you can easily make them.

trent_body.png
Doctor, who... Uh... Well, I admit I know nothing about his personality. Other than he likes you to try his creations, that is. He's the... Well... Town doctor. He's easy to get because he likes it when you get check-ups from him. Unfortunately, those cost money, although not a lot of money.

Cliff2.png
Cliff, yet another guy from the city. After leaving... Well, it went a little downhill from there. He doesn't really have a job, he just hangs around church. If you want him to stay, you're going to have to find him a job...

kai_body.png
And finally, you have Kai, yet another guy from the city, with a slight rebellious streak. He works at his restaurant. Unfortunately, he only comes in summer making it really, really, really hard to get him.

Of course, you also have rivals to find off, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

You can always just stay single until the day you die, however.

Also, in spring (right now, at least) you can plant:

Turnips: Start with a bag of these, price 120G, don't regrow
Potatoes: Price 150G, don't regrow
Cucumbers: Price 200G, regrow, really good investment
Cabbage: Price 250G, don't regrow, take forever to be pickable

So, get your choosing hats on, and let's start!

Last edited:
But...you forgot about Won and the Gourmet and the Kappa under the eligible bachelors! (they're just reaaaaally hard to get XD)

Names...hmm, I have an obsession with Abigail for some reason.

A spring b-day would be cool. I'm stuck on the farm name and the dog's name though.

Even though I totally went after Cliff when I was playing this myself, I say Rick. Cause he's adorable and plus I have a thing for guys with glasses ^^

Ah, that makes sense.

Oh God I just reread the part about the Doctor liking it when you get checkups from him.

Jeez, Doc, perverted much?

When I was typing it I realized just how perverted that was. I had to keep it because it's the truth, however.

My choices

-----

Name: Izzy

Birthday: Summer 12

Farm name: Skyridge

Dog's name: Missle (:D)

Person to choose: The Doctor

As far as names goes I like Abigail or Abbi for short. I like a spring birthday maybe around the 16th. I do like Skyridge and Missle for the farm and the dog.

I've never chosen to marry Rick but he's adorable so he's my choice. And don't you start out with a pack of turnip seeds? I'd say plant that and then a pack of something else. Maybe cucumber.

Hey look, an update! (WARNING: IMAGE DUMP)

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-8.png

=)

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-7.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-6.png

THEN WHAT'S THE-oh, right. Japanese game.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-5.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-42.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-41.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-40.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-39.png

Of course! Stuff like-

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-38.png

I don't like your attitude, young lady.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-37.png

...Who reads the paper anymore?

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-36.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-35.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-34.png

Apparently, you dial phones with PlayStation controllers in this world.

*insert totally-ready-to-be-crushed-by-reality montage here*

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-33.png

...I wouldn't exactly call farms exciting...

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-32.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-31.png

See? Crushed in one Gilligan Cut.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-30.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-29.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-28.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-27.png

Abbi: !
Me: No shit, Sherlock.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-26.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-25.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-24.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-23.png

Abbi: >=(

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-22.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-21.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-20.png

ABBI SMASH!

*several minutes of mayor pounding later*

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-19.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-18.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-17.png

UNDERSTATEMENT.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-16.png

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-15.png

...Lier.

Abigail and I won't stand for this! Isn't that right-

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-14.png

Abigail?

...Must be having mood swings.

*insert wake-up cutscene and Mayor explaining controls and... Guy who's name I just had a brain fart about telling us how to ship things that you won't find interesting here*

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-13.png

And so Abbi, with nothing growing on the fields, went to the mountains to get stuff to ship.

Because she had no seeds (CURSE YOU CAPCOM MARVELOUS!), Abbi went to the store.

And lost the turnip ones because I forgot what game I was playing and pressed "B" to run.

But then...

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-12.png

She saw him. It was if time stopped. Angels sang, and the light hit him just right like all of those cliché love-at-first-sight scenes.

She went to introduce herself.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-11.png

Rick is such a wonderful name... to thought to herself, grinning stupidly the whole way home.

... And now you know why I don't write romance.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-10.png

That horrible writing over, she set to work planting her surviving bag of cucumbers.

HarvestMoon-MoreFriendsofMineral-9.png

Abbi then climbed into bed and went a snoozing.

So what can you help me with now?

Basically, do you want to focus more on farming, ranching, or a little at both? I recommend that at the very least we get chickens, because they are cheap and easy to care for, but can help you make the moolah. Also, Rick loves them Chicken Fruits.

Or do you want to save money for expanding or the larger, harder to care for, livestock?

YES mayor-pounding XD

I say GO FOR THE CHICKENS

Geez I need to play this game some more, I've been too obsessed with Magical Melody and Island of Happiness to play it.

I second the chickens, mostly because of the reason you mentioned. And I think a mix of farming and ranching would be good.

For me Harvest Moon is something I either obsess over constantly or just don't feel like playing. It's awesome though.

Back
Top Bottom