• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAH Mr. Chaffee finally got the books for the YSU English Festival. \o/

Kickin' this off with Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers.

We finished Othello by Shakespeare in English and compared it to the Dark Knight.

...and got convincing evidence that Iago was secretly gay for Cassio XD

Just finished Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, which is the second good vampire novel I have read. It is good to know there are at least some out there (the other is Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin).

Now I will start Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson.

We finished Othello by Shakespeare in English and compared it to the Dark Knight.

...and got convincing evidence that Iago was secretly gay for Cassio XD

Really? I always felt Iago had suppressed feelings for Othello and aggression resulted from these feelings, causing him to also hate Othello. Then again, Kenneth Brannagh's production of Othello also has a LOT of homosexual undertones...

I am currently in the middle of the Sookie Stackhouse novels (while impatiently waiting for True Blood season 2 to come out on DvD) as well as Shutter Island (in anticipation of the movie), an interesting tome called Encyclopedia of The End, a book about death in real life and myths, a book on Norse mythology called Children of Odin and a book on American Sign Language in anticipation for my beginning ASL class next semester. I'm pretty busy there.

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I made it past two hundred pages. Yay.
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
I never know if I like her books or not. They are so intense. And it's pretty such the same as every other book of hers.
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
I was going to get this book for my boyfriend for Christmas, but I wanted to reread it first. Then Christmas was over and I still hadn't finished it.
The Spring of Candy Apples by Debbie Viguie
It's supposed to be "God-Honoring" but I don't see how it is. Mind you, I'm not very far into it.
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
And a nice book to read over Christmas break for English. It's supposed to be a quick read though.

One day I'll read one book at a time instead of five and everything will be simpler.

Check off Shutter Island, now on one of my murder/romance books. :3 Shutter Island was amazing and I suggest every person who can read should read it. Hope the movie is as good...

Really? I always felt Iago had suppressed feelings for Othello and aggression resulted from these feelings, causing him to also hate Othello.

It's always possible he liked both of them!

My favorite part of all that was when we finally convinced my teacher to let us watch the Othello Rap and she was like "Is it appropriate?" and we said yes.

We all forgot about the line "Cause he had a big - SWORD!" and we all fell into hysterics.

OUr teacher was slightly annoyed

It's always possible he liked both of them!

My favorite part of all that was when we finally convinced my teacher to let us watch the Othello Rap and she was like "Is it appropriate?" and we said yes.

We all forgot about the line "Cause he had a big - SWORD!" and we all fell into hysterics.

OUr teacher was slightly annoyed

Oh man, my English teacher showed us that. Our entire class just simultaneously headdesked. XD

Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

inb4 women are cows

j/k thus spoke zarathustra is good, sexism aside. he says some stuff i can get behind. i just couldn't get behind that at a time when my mom was the more sensible person in a wartorn household.

gravity's rainbow. i won't finish it by tomorrow morning, let me tell you.

I just finished Shade's Children by Garth Nix. I'm still freaking out about it. <3 <3 <3

I've started The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams, but it hasn't really hooked me yet, and there's other books that I want to read, so I may return it and check it out again at some other time.

Now I don't know what I want to read. There are quite a few unread books on my bookshelf, but the majority of them are unread books in serieses (how do you make that plural, anyway?) that I haven't read in a while, so I'll be rereading them. I don't know what to start with, though; there's The Fire Within and sequels by Chris D'Lacey, Pendragon by DJ MacHale, The Seventh Tower by Garth Nix, and The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix. I also haven't read The Telling Pool and Firebringer by David Clements-Davies and The Ragwitch by Garth Nix. Any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom