• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Current Breeding Projects

ClockworkJB

Aspiring Spacenoid
What are you currently breeding for? What sort of things do you normally breed for? competitive IV sets and matched natures and abilities? Shininess? Interesting movesets?

At the moment, I'm breeding for a new Starmie with better satk for my Battle Tower Team, a shiny Lapras, and for a Venusaur with Leaf Storm, for a starter themed UU team.

Last edited:
Trying to get a Meowth with technician. Would specify a nature too but since I've hatched loads and none with the right ability, I'm just just trying to get that at the moment. I already have a Persian with the right ability and a +speed nature but I messed up the EV training when I started because I got distracted when the first Pokémon I ran into was Entei.

I just finished breeding Careful Laprases with Curse. It took me three days (I was doing other stuff at the same time) to get one with good IVs because Lapras takes a ridiculous amount of time to hatch but in the end, the best one I got was 27/30/28/5/28/23 which is amazing considering my luck. I couldn't decide between Shell Armour and Water Absorb so I bred one of each.

i generally don't do breeding projects for specific things (though I'm thinking of making a Dratini farm XD)

let's see...last time i bred something relatively interesting was when i wound up breeding my Totodile with my Mareep just because of the names. (...it was my friend's fault.)

I've been on-and-off trying to get a Masuda Method shiny Croagunk on Diamond forever. No luck yet. :(

Finished breeding Hasty Chimchars with Grass Knot. I got some great IVs after only about 20 eggs:
11/27/24/31/30/31 and 7/30/4/31/20/28

About the only thing I ever breed for is baby forms, or other things that I can't get without breeding (like, say, if I got an Ursaring in a trade but had no other way of getting a Teddiursa.) I also breed a couple extras of anything ridiculously rare that I find (mostly starters), because having a bunch of things like that hanging around makes it a lot easier to actually get something from the GTS.

I don't give a damn about all the competitive-battling stuff, though. I might occasionally breed for an egg move or some combination of egg moves if there's any I'd really like to have (or if I want a certain Pokémon to have a TM move but don't have any of that TM left), but that's as far as I'll go.

Never tried the whole "breeding for shinies" thing... but if it usually takes dozens of eggs hatched before it works, I don't think I'm going to bother with it. Sounds like way too much work for just a few sparkles and a different (usually worse) color scheme.

Currently breeding for Relaxed Pineco. Just because I feel like it.

I have an EV-trained Cubone, but I just found out her Attack IV isn't too good (4~6). I also just found out that my Snorlax happens to be compatible with her and has a perfect Attack IV!

In other words I'm breeding for a Jolly female Cubone with Rock Head with a perfect Attack IV and a decent Speed IV.

I've been working my Jap Ditto overtime to try and get a Shiny Zubat via the almighty Masuda Method. That thing has evaded me for six years and I intend to find one! >(

I was breeding my team and the first cleffa I got is at least near perfect. Right nature, ability, gender ( I had already picked a name, and it is gender specific- she is Clairence), and perfect IVs in at least Hp, Attack, and Defence. I have yet to check the other stats.

I've been working my Jap Ditto overtime to try and get a Shiny Zubat via the almighty Masuda Method. That thing has evaded me for six years and I intend to find one! >(

LOLZ!!! I have a shiny Zubat that I found in Emerald (wild). If we traded friend codes, I could trade it to you(?)

I just found out the Cleffa I mentioned earlier does in fact, have perfect IVs. How luck is that? Also, a Shroomish I recently bred is near-perfect, too.

I don't usually breed for anything, but recently I was so bored with my SoulSilver that I tried the Masuda method. I managed to get a shiny Taillow with Brave Bird, my first ever bred shiny (I had two random-encounters already).

This got me going, and currently I'm trying to get a shiny Misrdreavus. No luck yet, I have like 3 boxes of ordinary ones already. I'm gonna keep trying until I get it, though, the shiny form is just so pea-soup-ishly amazing.

Back
Top Bottom