• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Restarted, finally. In Ilex Forest. I need to find a Pokemon to learn Cut.
My team is:

Quilava
lvl. 21
Tackle / Flame Wheel / SmokeScreen / Ember

Zubat
lvl. 16
Leech Life / Supersonic / Astonish / Bite

Anyone know of any Cut-available Pokemon? I don't want to teach it to Quilava, though. Thanks in advance. ;D​

Restarted, finally. In Ilex Forest. I need to find a Pokemon to learn Cut.
My team is:

Quilava
lvl. 21
Tackle / Flame Wheel / SmokeScreen / Ember

Zubat
lvl. 16
Leech Life / Supersonic / Astonish / Bite

Anyone know of any Cut-available Pokemon? I don't want to teach it to Quilava, though. Thanks in advance. ;D​

If I'm not mistaken, you can catch Paras in Ilex forest, no? If not, you can always go back and find a Rattata or Sentret.

I've done a TON of stuff since I last posted hear:

Beat LT. Surge. Lv. 46(at the time) Slasho EQ'd all his Pokemon and took less than 30 points of damage.
Beat Sabrina
Fixed the Power Plant
Caught Snorlax. I was lucky enough to get a female. Named her Melissa after my mom(Snorlax is her favourite Pokemon)
Beat Brock
Beat Misty
Beat Rival Kamon at Mt. Moon
Ran into Latias and cuaght her with my Masterball
Beat Erika. She was dumb enough to use Sunny Day on the first turn against Flaro. He got killed eventually on account of being underleveled and slow, but by then she only had one Pokemon

Tomorrow I'm going to beat Janine. My Pokemon are in the high 40s.

Skipping Olivine & doing Mahogany first.

Traded over my baby Wynaut to train so now my team is finally complete and consists of:
lolmonkey Lv.30
monferno

Gluttony Lv.28
munchlax

Monarchy Lv.25
prinplup

Scene Kid Lv.32
staravia]

Bad Karma Lv.11
Wynaut

Blue has just been defeated! Took me a couple tries. I'm going to catch all the legendaries and rematch all the gym leaders before I even think about challenging Red.

My current party(All at lv. 50):
Scrabble/Butterfree(M)
Gold/Ho-oh
Tor/Tauros(M)
Aaria/Dragonair(F)
Vio/Espaon(M)
Zaro/Apharos(M)

I would be challenging Red by now except I can't bring my whole team without teaching Rock Climb to Pele, and I don't want to do that...

I don't remember when the last time I posted here was, but I'm going to update now. :D

Well, for about a month on and off I looked for a lucky egg. I skipped through most of Kanto to get to the route right next to Fuschia. Then I taught my Crobat Thief, and caught a Chansey and gave it a Smoke Ball. I put it at the top of my party, and repeled away~ It took me FOREVER to finally get one that had a lucky egg, but I got it eventually. So, once I got that, I went to Victory Road and trained a little bit. Mainly my Dragonair and Pupitar, now fully evolved!

Current team:

Lv. 48 Typhlosion F
Calm (that sucks :P) / Blaze
Rollout ~ Swift ~ Hidden Power (fire) ~ Flamethrower
I really need to fix this thing's moveset; any suggestions?

Lv. 48 crobat F
Lax / Inner Focus
Shadow Ball ~ Cross Poison ~ Fly (really not that bad in battle) ~ Thief
I like this one; I need to replace Shadow Ball and Thief, though.

Lv. 56 (aaah) Tyranitar F
Relaxed / Sand Stream
Earthquake ~ Crunch ~ Stealth Rock ~ Rock Slide
I adore this Pokemon, it's perfect :D

Lv. 55 (aaah) Dragonite M
Brave / Inner Focus
Dragon Dance ~ Wing Attack ~ Waterfall ~ Dragon Claw
I like this; but, I think Waterfall needs replaced. Suggestion?

Lv. 47 lapras M
Serious / Shell Armor
Perish Song (<3 this move) ~ Ice Beam ~ Surf ~ Thunder
I absolutely love my Lapras, Thunder will be Thunderbolt whenever I stop being lazy and go get the coins.

Now, for my 6th spot, I'm confused. I had a Ditto in the daycare that got to Lv. 45; so it's good levelwise. But I also have a Snorlax, Lv. 50, that was here. I never played with a Ditto before, and I feel like it would be fun, but Snorlax is definitely more reliable. What should I do here?

I'd say go with the Snorlax, ironically.

When Ditto transforms it has only around half the PP of the other pokemon's moves. It also stays normal type, and loses a turn.

First post on this topic. Uh, anyway, going for a team consisting of a Cyndaquil, Onix, Wooper, Sunkern/Bellsprout, Azurill/Marill, and Skitty.

I'm hoping to get a F Cyndaquil. Suggestions on the nature? (Don't mind M, though, prefering F because of a certain Miltank) And possibly nature of Wooper & Sunkern/Bellsprout. Also, should I nab a Sunkern, give it Exp. Share and go off destroying or train a Bellsprout?

I'd say go with the Snorlax, ironically.

When Ditto transforms it has only around half the PP of the other pokemon's moves. It also stays normal type, and loses a turn.

Actually, Ditto only has 5 PP per move after transforming, it doesn't matter if the max for the move is 5 or 40. Shame, really, considering the other drawbacks. Oh, and it doesn't stay Normal-type. o.o It copies the opponent's type(s).

That said, Snorlax is the better choice, really. Even if you're using it in-game and can heal the Ditto, chances are whatever it transforms into won't have any really effective moves to use.

For the Cyndaquil, it depends on if you want it physical or special-based, really. In-game, it doesn't really matter too much, but Timid or Jolly is good, though.

Okay, as for my own update... I've been training outside Mt. Silver for like three weeks or so (because I only play for like an hour at a time, because training is boring), so I finally got my teal to lv. 70 and took on Red. It wasn't too hard, and I managed to beat him, went and got my Kanto/Hoenn starter, and... well, I guess all that's left to do is finish my Pokedex. Here's my team, for just for the sake of it:

Starmie
Hasty/Natural Cure
Blizzard, Recover, Surf, Psychic

Ampharos - F
Serious/Static
Signal Beam, Power Gem, Discharge, Thunder Wave

Pidgeot - F
Gentle/Tangled Feet
Air Slash, Mirror Move, Fly, Roost

Umbreon - M
Jolly/Synchronize
Faint Attack, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Sand Attack

Lickitung - M
Jolly/Oblivious
Power Whip, Earthquake, Refresh, Rock Climb

Meganium - M
Docile/Overgrow
Body Slam, Synthesis, Petal Dance, Reflect

Actually, Ditto only has 5 PP per move after transforming, it doesn't matter if the max for the move is 5 or 40. Shame, really, considering the other drawbacks. Oh, and it doesn't stay Normal-type. o.o It copies the opponent's type(s).

Wow _Ditto_ doesn't know squat about Dittos

I agree. Use, Snorlax. The only thing Ditto's good for in my opinion is sex.
By that I mean breeding.

I recently restarted, and am currently on route 34, with three badges.

Team is:
159.png
[Crikey] Modest nature (ugh) level 21
Ice Fang
Water Gun
Bite
Cut

180.png
[Zeus] Hasty Nature (ugh) level 20
Thudershock
Thunder Wave
Cotton Spore
Growl

176.png
[Steeve] Naughty Nature Level 28
Extrasensory
Metronome
Rock Smash
Return

195.png
[Persephone] Docile Nature Level 21
Mud Bomb
Mud Shot
Mud Sport
Slam

093.png
[Hades] Calm Nature Level 25
Shadow Punch
Night Shade
Curse
Sucker Punch

096.png
[Dr.Who] Gentle Nature level 24
Confusion
Poison Gas
Meditate
Headbutt

Morty is the priority after evolving Dr.Who, and also I need to get one of my friends to trade Hades into a Gengar. Yes, Steeve is spelled right. Also, I accidentally bred a Tododile while leaving my female Croconaw (Crikey) with my male Flaffy (Zeus) I was unaware this was possible...
Anyway, I really like my Togetic because of Metronome. So far, the best moves it has used are: Sacred Fire, Roar of Time, Magma Storm, Mist Ball, Hyper Beam, and Blizzard. It's all so random. I love it!

Last edited:
Today, I got Latios from the Enigma Stone event. I also got a Kabutops off GTS and currently breeding it for Kabuto. I also was very lucky to find a Helix fossil (which has taken me the better part of a week) and revived it into Omanyte. I beat the E4 for a second time not too long ago and also got a Shiny crown on Leif the Meganium. Now I'm just basically filling up my Pokedex and thinking about trying to take on Red again. Also thinking about breeding for a Modest Porygon.

so i don't know if I actually posted anything remotely team-related forever.

so for my ease:

got a totodile, got a butterfree, got a sandshrew, got a mareep for the sole purpose of getting a bastard child for said totodile, got said bastard child, stuffed said bastard child into the pokewalker, got a togetic, and beat a lot of crap.

Now killing the battle frontier.

Haven't beaten any of Kanto yet because I suck.

I still intend on restarting, no idea why I haven't yet. Right now I've just finished breeding Meowth (I think) and now I'm looking to breed Kabuto.

Back
Top Bottom