• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Completed For the love of another.

Tomatochu

Banned
This was a Fic I wrote for AGNPH, but it contains no sex so I felt it was okay to share it here.

Ryan sat on his couch, looking down at the bloody necklace in his hands. He still couldn't believe he had lost her. He remembered all the fun they had, when they fell in love and when they had their child, who was now grown up and out exploring the world. He had found the necklace on the ground in a puddle of blood but no body, but he knew it was her's. The memories of when he met her came back to him....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Ryan, You can run faster than that can't you?" His sister, Emily shouted back at him. "Can you slow down for me" he yelled back, but she didn't hear him. He walked to the side of the trail and sat on a stump, "She'll find me" he breathed out. Clearly, he wasnt exactly the thinnest child in the world, but he was in shape. Suddely he heard a quiet weeping sound. He stood up and looked around for the source. Eventually he realised that it was coming from the woods. "Shit, I'm not supposed go in there." he groaned. He looked around for his parents or Emily "They won't know" he thought aloud as he walked into the woods.

As he wandered through the trees, searching for the source of the crying, He suddenly came across a small clearing with a Gardevoir's body, bruised and cut, laying in the center. He ran over to it and kneeled down to check for a pulse. "Oh no." he whispered, not feeling one. Then he heard the crying from before, only it was right beside him. He looked and saw a small green and white Pokémon clutching the Gardevoir's leg. Slowly, he reached out and touched the Ralts' shoulder. She Jumped at his touch and gasped, looking at him, afraid of what he might do. He withdrew his hand and smiled at her kindly. "I'm sorry, did I scare you?" he asked the small Pokémon . It nodded and looked back at the Gardevoir. "Was this your mother?" he asked again, earning another nod from the Ralts, along with tears. He reached out again, this time the Pokémon let him touch her.
He rubbed her back gently and tried to calm her down. "Hey, it's alright, she's not in pain. She's up in heaven now, watching you" he whispered to her "I'm sure she wouldn't want you to cry". The Ralts looked up at him with her big red eyes and saw he meant no harm. She walked to him and hugged his leg. Ryan looked down and pat her head "Do you want me to bring your mother to a Pokémon center so we can bury her?" he asked her. She nodded and looked at her mother. "I'm sorry for your loss" he said with a frown. She started to cry again and buried her head in his jean's legs. Gently, he bent down and placed his arms around the Gardevoir and picked her up, cradled across both of his arms. Ryan motioned for the Ralts to follow him, which she did, silently.

When he got back to the path he saw Emily walking toward him. when she saw what he was carrying, she ran toward him. "Oh my god, what happened?" she exclaimed. "I'll tell you later, but now we need to get to mom and dad." he explained. She nodded and looked down at the Ralts "What about her" she asked pointing at her. "Take a guess" Ryan said, while shaking his head and walking towards his house. "You don't have to be an asshole about it" she yelled back.

~~~3 days later~~~

Ryan, Emily, the Ralts and Ryan's father stood by the grave of the Ralts' mother. The small Pokémon staring at the grave, tears streaming out of her eyes. It had been a couple of days since Ryan found her, and she had spent every day beside her mother. His mother, who was the Nurse Joy of this town, started to get worried when she realized that she wasn't eating, but any attempts to get her to eat failed. Ryan had spent a lot of time with her, as she seemed to have become attached to him. Even now she stood right next to him, one arm around is leg. He had helped his father dig the grave. "Ryan, You've really handled this quite well" his father said, laying a hand on his shoulder "You are a responsible young man". Ryan nodded and reached down to pat the Ralts. She leaned into his hand and looked up at him with a small smile, the first time she had since he met her.

"Hey dad?" Ryan asked. "Yeah?". "Can Ralts live with us?" he looked at his father. "I don't think so buddy" he frowned "We can hardly afford to feed us, it would be too much trouble". "What!?" Ryan shouted "That's not fair". His father shrugged and said "It might not seem like it is, but it is quite fair. If she did stay she would probably go hungry". "I would feed her" Ryan argued "I would take care of her, you guys wouldn't have to do anything". "Ryan, I said no" his father raised his voice "I realise you don't understand, but it's for her own good". "Thats bullshit" Ryan yelled "You always say that I don't understand but I do". "Watch your mouth young man" his father scolded him. "Fuck off" Ryan said before turning and walking away. "Excuse me?" His father yelled at him "You better apologise". "And what if I don't. What will you do? beat me? Cause that would take a real fucking man to do that". Ryan's father smacked him across the face, Causing him to fall to the ground. Emily rushed to his side and helped him up "Dad you can't do that" she yelled. "I can do whatever I want" he yelled back. "Fuck this" Ryan yelled as he stood up and turned away "I'm leaving". "You are not" His father yelled. "You can't stop me" He yelled back as he started walking away. "Fine leave then". Ryan just kept walking, not turning back. The Ralts, who had kept quiet throughout the ordeal, ran to his side and followed him close. "Are you coming?" he asked her. She nodded and kept silent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan had tears running down his face, for the rest of his life, he hated his father. He stood up and walked to the bathroom. He turned the sink on and started washing the necklace off. As he washed it he realised how much he missed her after just a couple of hours. Still crying, he thought back to when he revealed to her that he loved her....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, can you believe we collected all the badges for Hoenn?" Ryan asked as him and Gardevoir walked out of the final gym in sootopolis city. "I know. It's hard to believe but we did it" she said. She had gained the ability to talk just before she had evolved into a Gardevoir. Nurse Joy wasn't even sure how it happened, but said it happened with her species. It had something to do with their brains. "Thank god, now we can finally relax and settle down." He said to her with a smile. "I don't really want to" She responded with a grin "I'd rather take on Kanto, or Johto". He chuckled and put an arm around her. The two of them hand grown close over the time they had been together. But recently he had been having feelings of love towards her. He hadn't said anything, but was finding it hard to resist reveling his true feelings to her. "Whatever you want" he said "Just so long as we don't go right now. I need a break from all this traveling". Gardevoir rested her head on his shoulder and smiled. She to loved Ryan and was afraid to admit it.

They walked up to the dock where the submarine that took them here was docked. "Are you to done already?" the captain asked them as they approached him. "Yeah and I'm ready to get out of this place" Ryan said "And maybe go back home and talk to my sister and mother". "What about your dad?" Gardevoir asked. He looked at her and simply shook his head "I couldn't care less about him" he explained "That asshole never did anything for me". As she climbed into the submarine she looked at him "I'm sure he loves you and is worried about you." Ryan shook his head "If he did he would have tried to get a hold of me somehow. My mom and sister did". She couldn't argue with him on that. Both of them called him at least twice a month, His dad never tried to do so. Even Gardevoir knew that wasn't right. "You've got a point" she said as the submarine began to submerge and leave the city.

~~~ The next day ~~~

The two were walking down the road on the way to Oldale town. They walked in silence, though not an awkward silence just a calm one. Their trip so far had no real problems, just a couple of annoying kids that wanted to battle. No problem for Gardevoir. As the passed a small clearing, Ryan stopped and looked at his watch, realising how late it was, he turned to gardevoir and asked "Hey, It's getting late, Do you want to stop here for the night?". She looked at the sky and nodded "Yeah, I'm feeling kinda tired". He walked into the clearing and set up their tent. He then went ad made a fire to cook diner on. "What do you want for diner?" He asked her. "Doesnt matter, I'm not to hungry anyway". He shrugged and pulled a can of soup out of his bag, along with a pot.

After diner they sat by the fire and stared into it. Gardevoir had her head on his shoulder, as she often did. Ryan didn't mind, in fact he liked it when she showed affection. They sat for about 15 minutes when they heard a sound behind them. Ryan turned around to see a man wearing a mask, wielding a large revolver. He pointed it at Ryan and said "Give me all of you money and supplies" Gardevoir eard this and jumped up and turned around, seeing him, she lunged at him and tried to knock the gun out of his hand, which she failed at. He grabbed her and pressed the gun to her forehead "You shouldn't have done that" he growled at her, pulling the hammer back. "No don't shoot her" Ryan yelled, causing the man to look at him. "Then give me all you have" he snarled. Ryan grabbed his bag and wallet and threw them at the robber. "This is all you have?" he asked "Fuck this, I'm killing her" he said as he put his finger on the trigger. "Wait" Ryan said, "What" The robber asked again, getting annoyed. "Shoot me instead" he said "Let her go". The robber shrugged and shot a bullet into Ryan's stomach, causing him to double over onto the ground as the robber ran off. Gardevoir ran to Ryan's side and fell to her knees. "Why would you do that?" she cried "You're so dumb". "Garde.. Gardevoir, I love you" Ryan managed to say before he passed out. "I love you too" Gardevoir cried into his chest, tears streaming down her cheeks. She grabbed him and slung him over her shoulder, His weight nearly crippling her legs. She stood up and started walking towards town.

~~~ The next day~~~

Ryan woke up in a hospital bed, his torso bandaged up, and head aching. He looked around a recognized where he was. How he got there he didn't know. Breathing heavily, he sat up in the bed and looked down at his legs to see a long, green and white body lying across them. In that moment he understood what happened and chuckled at the gardevoir on his legs. He reached down and stroked her back. She stirred a little before her eyes fluttered open, seeing Ryan smiling at her, She smiled and lunged at him, pulling him into a hug "Oh my god, Ryan you're okay" she cried out. "Hey take it easy" he groaned "I am still injured, you know". "sorry" she apologized loosening her grip on him. He smiled and returned the hug. "How did I get to Oldale" he asked. "I carried you" she whispered. A look of disbelief cam over his face "Really? Are you alright?". "The last thing you should be worrying about is me." she giggled "But yeah I'm fine". "Thats good." he smiled as he looked into her eyes. "I really do love you Gardevoir" he said. "I know." she responded "And I love you too". He looked at her and pulled her into a kiss. She was a bit shocked by the action but quickly calmed down and returned it, tongue tracing his lips, asking for entrance. He let her into his mouth and played with her tongue with his, pushing against it. They both realised that they belonged with each other. Forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan put a hand on his stomach and felt the scar from the bullet, Never regretting his actions that day. He still remembered how scared he was when he kissed her, not knowing how she would react. The necklace was now clean of the blood and he dried it off on a towel. He frowned as tears began to stream again as he thought back to when they're child hatched from his egg.

Gardevoir and Ryan were sitting in front of a small green, red and white egg. Ryan looked at Gardevoir and the anticipation in her eyes and smiled. He could tell she couldn't wait for the egg to hatch, the again, neither could he. They had been waiting for an hour for this to happen. The egg had just started to rock back and forth. Their child was about to hatch and they was no one who was happier in the world than them. Their last 2 eggs hadn't made it this far. So Gardevoir had taken extra care of this egg, never letting it out of her sight. Ryan was only allowed to hold it 4 times, which he didnt mind. And now they were about to be parents. He could hardly take the suspense. Just then the egg started to crack and shake more rapidly. Gardevoir gasped and moved closer,with a huge grin across her face. Ryan also took notice and was just as excited and close to the egg as her. The top of the egg then broke apart, revealing a tiny Ralts looking up at it's parents with big blue eyes. The small pokemon looked at Gardevoir and reached up to her. Gardevoir quickly grabbed her baby and hugged her tight "Hi my baby" she said with tears rolling down her face. Ryan looked at them and began to cry aswell, he felt so proud and lucky to finally be a father. He put an arm around Gardevoir and leaned in and hugged them both, a whole happy family.

"So do we have a son or a daughter?" Ryan asked Gardevoir. "She's our daughter" Gardevoir smiled and looked at him. He leaned in and kissed his mate, who returned the kiss. He broke the kiss and Gardevoir Leaned her head on his shoulder as she usually did. "I love you" Ryan whispered into her ear. "And I love you" She responded.

Ryan stood in the center of his living room, looking down at the floor, tears finally stopped. He looked up and stood on the chair in front of him. He slipped the rope around his neck and quietly whispered "I'll see you again" before kicking the chair out from beneath him. The rope tightened around his neck as he hung from the ceiling. He twitched for about a minute before his body calmed.

~~~ 2 hours later~~~

The front door to Ryan's house opened as a green and white figure entered the house. "Ryan!" Gardevoir shouted into the house "Ryan, I'm okay, I'm not de..." she stopped when she entered the living room, seeing her mate hanging from the roof. She froze in place and her heart sunk. Her body began to quake as she broke into tears. "RYAN!!!" she screamed between sobs "WHY RYAN WHY!!!!!" she fell onto the floor and screamed into the carpet. She couldnt believe that he was dead. She laid on the floor crying for hours.

She got up four hours later and took him off the rope and laid him on their bed. she sobbed as she left the house, leaving a note with their daughter's trainer's phone number and explaining what happened. She made her way to the cliff just behind their house she looked over the edge and closed her eyes. "Ryan i'm sorry. I didn't want you to kill your self. at least we'll be together in heaven." she said as she Took a small leap off the cliff, falling to her death on the ground below.

Please tell me what you think, it would help alot.

First thing you need to do: every time a new character speaks, you need to have a new paragraph. It makes it much, much easier to read and understand.

After that, slow your pace down a little. Everything seems to happen very, very fast, and I think it would have more of an emotional impact if it were slower with more personality to each of the characters. For example, Ryan's argument with his father in the beginning seems to escalate out of control way too quickly. It sounds like adopting Ralts would be like adopting a child, and for Ryan to immediately jump to the assumption that his father is refusing because he's a jerk and wants Ralts to die seems too sudden. He said he understands but he doesn't seem to at all.

Back
Top Bottom