• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Yoshi's Egg Shell

Black Yoshi

look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.
YoshisEggShellBannercopy.png

I tried art request shops before. I can't do it. I'm too much of a procrastinator.

I actually don't come out with butt loads of drawings like other people. But I can try, at this point.

Suggestions, basically requests, except I don't feel quite as guilty if I deny a suggestion. Mostly, I'm putting my artwork here for critique, but if you want me to try and draw something, I could give it a shot. No harm in asking, right?

Anywhos, I have a few old-ish drawings to put on this first post. some are decent, some might be crap. Depends on how far back I decide to go. Not likely very far.

AlmightyQuestionMark.png
THIS was... I don't why I did this, actually. I was bored, so I googled a question mark and a wing. Photoshopped them together with a yellow to orange radial gradient with a lens flare in the middle. The Almighty question mark was officially born, so I gave it to Stormecho.

_____i__m_so_sorry_by_black_yoshi_99-d3cpbqv.png
... I don't even know. RSP characters Xhan and Halan.

the_good_vigilantes_by_black_yoshi_99-d3hd3yz.png
This took forever, and the guy on the left is kind of crooked. Maybe he's a bit gimpy.

Silas_DesmondMatch.png
This one isn't particularly new. Did this for a story I never finished. What does that say to you? Ha.

So, yeah. Hopefully you can tell what's new, old, etc. Working on one now that is taking FOREVER on the background. Many small buildings. And even more breaks to do chores. Should be awesome, though.

Last edited:
I have two new Pictures, whoooooo.

the_catalyst_by_black_yoshi_99-d3jv5i5.png
This is my character in my new RP, "The Soul Guard- "Genocide." The image has flaws here and there, crappy background buildings, but I like the rain. Those above the character are his Guardian. Makes sense if you look at the RP.

TheMentor.png
THIS is the character from the last picture's mentor. She isn't perfect, but this is my usual style of shading/coloring. I'm not that used to drawing girls, so aside from being concept art, this was practice for a female figure. Also SHE HAS A SWORD and she will cut you up with it. Yaaaaay.

I didn't know you were the one who made Stormy's infamous avvie! Whoa...

Anyway, your drawings are overall good! Just some niggles with a few of the earlier ones, but they ARE earlier, and you seem to have improved. The Soul Guard one has some impressive shading on the guy, and I actually think you did the best on the background. The perspective is really good and so is the rain. However, his torso seems sort of awkward. A bit too thin and long, it's not really proportionate with his legs. His pelvis is also too small and needs to be bigger. But overall, you've done well. I commend you on your colouring.

The girl's pose is quirky and has personality. But could use some work. I know you're not used to drawing females, so I'll try to point out more errors in this. You've done the chest and the arms pretty well, I see few problems there. The belly, however, is not proportionate with the size of her chest. Too thin, and could be a bit larger. Her hips also suffer the same problem, not being proportionate with her thicker legs. The legs too, they have some issues. The curve near the nears is far too thin and makes her look unstable, and her overall upper body, from her thighs to her head, need to be moved slightly to the right because it's a bit awkward. I like her shoes though, good job on the shoes!

Well, thank ye. For the record I completely ripped the shoes from Fable 2.

I did notice something was off with the first picture's torso. I just couldn't figure out what it was until you pointed it out.

The girl, I thought looked like she had a broken leg, but I didn't notice most of the other stuff 'till you told me. Thanks fer yer thoughts!

Only one picture. This makes me sad. It's not too great, just lineart. A doodle. You know how it is.

Fishing Terminology:Skunk'd:Failure to catch a fish in the time set for fishing.

Yep, I was camping, and that was the only thing I felt like drawing the entire... I think four days... Maybe five.

Also, preparing another picture with, I dunno, five or six people in it, and they're not exactley chilling by the river or anything. I'm having to take my sweet time.

Also, planning on some concept art for my new pet project, which is sure to only last for a few weeks. Still, it's worth a shot. You'll see it when I'm working on it. Assuming anyone actually ever looks at this thread again.

Last edited:
You know what I love (to draw) more than anything? Concept art. Because it's simple, easy, quick, and it still looks good, and is still accepted by people.

passing_grades_concept_1_by_black_yoshi_99-d3lnhcs.png

passing_grades_concept_2_by_black_yoshi_99-d3lnzvf.png

Jake is Jake, it was very hard for me to put him in a nutshell.

Eventually, I'll have a bunch of characters and I'll collage them all together. I've decided that the comic will be called "Passing Grades" and will be the story of a group of friends and their journey through the unknown High School, starting freshman year. Should be good if I don't procrastinate too much.

WARNING FOR BLOOD N' STUFF (OUCH)

YES, Thank God, I did it. I spent so much time on this one drawing.

the_warrior_inside_by_black_yoshi_99-d3vm310.png

If you're in an RP of mine, you get it, I hope. You'll also recognize the subjects, from a previous, less violent picture.

the_soul_guard_by_black_yoshi_99-d418978.png

This is EVERY Character in the RP I made, "The Soul Guard: Genocide." I like this one because I have each character seperated into layers, so I can pull one out scott-free if somebody wants to borrow them, if somebody leaves, and it's easy to add more, to.

So, yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone who cares has already commented, on dA or in the OOC thread. So I'm not expecting any critique here. Though it certainly would be nice.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hey, look, ANOTHER picture of my RP, because I'm obssessing over it. Linked because nobody probably cares anyways. And for the record, I am aware that her left forearm looks a little... Beefy or bloated or whatever you wanna' say. I was having perspective issues the day I did the lineart for her, so... yeah.

Essentially, this is a pivotal point for him prior to the start of the RP. She was his teacher, and now she's TOTALLY DYING. Owie. Her sword becomes his now, and he tore off his other sleeve exactly two months later after training almost non-stop. The relevance of the sleeve is this: She told him, "I've removed your left sleeve to let others know you've begun your training with me, and me specifically. Other people have different symbols, like necklaces and other things. When both of us are ready to take this fight to the enemy, and we know we can face any challenge we're presented with, we will remove our right sleeves, and these dinky little cloth gauntlet thingies. Got it, pusscake?"

So, yeah, enough about that. Let's all go outside and play basketball.

Last edited:
... I think I need to actually finish that form I reserved for Soulguard. Your art convinced me; something that good cannot come from a boring RP. First things first: could you summarize me if you can?

Anyway, I really like the one with a blue sweater and green hair. She just looks really relaxed and interesting.

Aw, you broke my posting streak. :) Thank you for that, it makes me feel mildly important. And thank you for apparently finding my art "good." Also makes me feel good.

I'm not sure how I would summarize you. I can't remember past RP experiences well, and I don't know you personally. I could try, but it would not turn out well the first... probably seven times.

ANYWHOS, LOOK AT MORE SOUL GUARD STUFF. After the chibi thing, I wanted something more serious for the pair of these two. There isn't much conflict going on here, but I thought about how their relationship might stand at the end of the RP (If we ever make it half that far.) Now, here ya' go. I think it turned out pretty durn well, except for Tosh's left fist. Had trouble with that perspective. And his right eyebrow is too high. I wanted him cocking one eyebrow like 'o rly?'

Soul Guard Wee.

Last edited:
More links from now on because. Another concept piece for an RP I just joined. Spencer Obrien, he's called. This was done with ink, paper, a scanner, and digital colors.

A banner I made on request in the thread "This is the place where you request stuff." I'm not familiar with Maplestory or its art style, so I'm positive I screwed up in manymany ways. Hopefully Mystic likes it, regardless, though.

All right, I'm done.

Pfft, haven't posted here in forever, but whatevs.

Surprise, surprise, character concept for an rp I joined. Part grovyle, weeee.

Damien Valentine, another charcter in ANOTHER RP. One that seems to have died before starting. Poo.

A request I did. Flying goes whooooooo~

A more recent request I did. Feelin' better about this kind of stuff lately.

Banner I did on request of epic fedora bunny. I was THIS CLOSE to putting police line and a burning building in the background. But I did not, because it said plain backgroung or meadow background or something like that.

That's it. I'm done. Hopefully there won't be such a long gap this time between my posts. And hopefully, this doesn't count for bumping or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom