• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sea Watch, Adrian Tchaikovsky. He writes consistently good epic fantasy, I don't know why more people haven't heard of him.

The Colour Out of Space by H.P. Lovecraft. I am now convinced that H.P. Lovecraft travelled through time to the modern day, saw my Slendervlog, stole the plot and returned to his own time to write The Colour Out of Space.

Last edited:
Now that I've finished all the books I had to read for class, I'm reading both 1984 by George Orwell and Jurassic Park (which is amazing so far and I'm rejoicing in my old love of dinosaurs) by Michael Crichton. And we're reading Romeo And Juliet all together as a class.

Right now I'm getting tantalizingly close to finishing Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Quite good. Besides, how many other stories are there whose climaxes consists of one of the major characters being assaulted by an angry mob of eight-year-olds?

I recently finished "Limitless" by Alan Glynn, and it's fantastic. I'd definitely recommend it, I was completely hooked the whole way through and the ending was really hard-hitting. Not sure about the movie, but apparently it completely disregards the downer ending.... meh.

Let's see...

-The Narnia Series (read)
-The Mermaid Chair (read)
-The Cat (reading)
-Eclipse (will read)

Lessee, just got back from the bookstore, so:

* The Princess Bride (for school)
* The Descent of Man (by Darwin)
* Jurassic Park, Timeline, and some other book by Michael Crichton.

I also got a stuffed owl.

Mostly essays right now; this is my queue of essays to be read

• An Ode to the User-Friendly Pencil; Bonnie Liang
  • A Nice Place to Visit; Russell Baker
  • Growing Up Native; Carol Geddes
  • I Sing the Song of my Condo; Evelyn Lau
  • Safety First, Fun a Distant Second; Amy Cross
  • The Shocking Truth about Household Dust; Stuart McLean
  • How to Live to be 200; Stephen Leacock
  • Letter to America; Margaret Atwood

And I am currently reading:
  • MacBeth; William Shakespeare (Can't you use normal language, Shakespeare?)
  • Wuthering Heights; Emily Brontë (A bit boring, but that might be because I'm at chapter two)
  • Generals Die in Bed; Charles Harrison (Good book so far)

Last edited:
I'm planning on re-reading Rand's Anthem and Huxley's Brave New World for school next year, I need to write an essay.

I'm also reading Maze Runner and Bonechiller, two Elliot Rosewater books, from this year and last year respectively.

For the Summer Reading (We are able to choose books) so I decided to use it to start two series I've heard much about....

- The Color of Magic by Terry Prachett (Started reading)
and
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. (Will read)

Just for the record, Flareth, it doesn't really matter where you start Discworld (so long as you start at the beginning of any given mini-series) and The Colour of Magic really isn't very good. If you're not too far in I would suggest starting with another!

Anyway, currently reading Lavinia, by Ursula K. Le Guin.

Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment James Patterson
Ijust finished it, so now I'm gonna check out Maximum Ride: School's Out-- Forever

I'm just like Nudge! I love Fang! I am so totally obsessed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom