• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pal Park (v 3.0)

^Every single 'mon would like to disagree. They've been shown to communicate with and understand a wide range of dialects.

Catching. Ariados are cool. B)

Last edited:
Qvalador
Can but usually aren't if the fact that one can keep battling using the same Pokémon more than once is any indication.
304.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x3, Dunsparce (Male), Banette (Male), Phanpy (Female)
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 1110
Partner Pokémon: Zangoose

Wargle
Have you ever watched the animé? Team Rocket's Meowth can talk and nobody even bats an eye at it; many Pokémon have had human-level discussions via telepathy or illusions or the like; there have been episodes with Pokémon mafiosa; and in at least one episode the Pokémon were translated while talking amongst themselves and demonstrated a language with sophistication similar to human languages. Except Team Rocket's Koffing and Ekans, who were apparently kind of dim.
228.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Zweilous (Male), Alakazam (Male), Hariyama (Male), Krokorok (Female), Dawn Stone
Total Points: 1935
Partner Pokémon: Golem

I Liek Squirtles
Capture: +45 Points
513.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x3, Litleo (Female), Fletchinder (Male), Ariados (Female)
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 375
Partner Pokémon: Blastoise

Qvalador
Can but usually aren't if the fact that one can keep battling using the same Pokémon more than once is any indication.
304.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1110

Wargle
Have you ever watched the animé? Team Rocket's Meowth can talk and nobody even bats an eye at it; many Pokémon have had human-level discussions via telepathy or illusions or the like; there have been episodes with Pokémon mafiosa; and in at least one episode the Pokémon were translated while talking amongst themselves and demonstrated a language with sophistication similar to human languages. Except Team Rocket's Koffing and Ekans, who were apparently kind of dim.
228.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Zweilous (Male), Alakazam (Male), Hariyama (Male), Krokorok (Female), Dawn Stone
Total Points: 1935

I Liek Squirtles
513.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x3, Litleo (Female), Fletchinder (Male), Ariados (Female)
Total Points: 375
The anime is written around the need for a show people will watch. It is not a perfect explanation for (or even companion to) the games/universe. The majority of the traits shown in thew anime are exclusive to it, and are only there because it increases ratings.

Ignore

Ignoring.

And yes, but not all of them can! People fight more than once, too, but some don't. Some get killed.

Zekrom_Bolt
Burmy-ground Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Blaziken (Male), Scyther (Male), Yanma (Female), Seviper (Male), Volbeat (Male), Natu (Female), Pikachu (Male), Venipede (Female), Beautifly (Female), Dunsparce (Female), Pikachu (Male), Cherrim (Sunny) Female, Staraptor (Male), Marill (Male), Ludicolo (Female), Golduck (Female), Shellos (East) Female, Marill (Female), Croconaw (Male), Slowking (Female), Buizel (Female), Octillery (Female), Mystic Water, Cranidos (Male), Tyrogue (Male), Aerodactyl (Male), Houndoom (Male)
Total Points: 5280
Partner Pokémon: None

Dar
Capture: +60 Points
Cubone Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Absol (Female), Magneton (Female), Mamoswine (Male), Elgyem (Male)
Total Points: 1095
Partner Pokémon: Cubone

Wargle
Cubchoo Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x6
Total Points: 105

Ehe... Sorta forgot about this, sorry. Anyway, ignore.

I Liek Squirtles
021.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Litleo (Female), Fletchinder (Male), Ariados (Female), Pansear (Male)
Total Points: 480

Wargle
And yet details from the animé are, so far as I'm aware, generally considered canonical with regards to the games' universe unless the latter contradicts them. Also see Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
343.png

[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1980

Qvalador
Yeah, well lethal battles are banned here too. No sacrifices.
694.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1155

Dar
343.png

[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Absol (Female), Magneton (Female), Mamoswine (Male), Elgyem (Male)
Total Points: 1140

SpiedeRainbows
Capture: +90 Points
585.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x4, Spinda (Female), Pichu (Female), Mienshao (Male)
Total Points: 450
Partner Pokémon: Charmander

Nein.

If one of you guys brings up Gary's Raticate, that is false. He just dumped it in a PC. If he follows a Silver mentality, he only keeps the strongest 'mons.

/continues sacrificing, but does it to Whismur so no one can tell

Ignoring. Even though it's adorable.

I Liek Squirtles
021.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Litleo (Female), Fletchinder (Male), Ariados (Female), Pansear (Male)

Wargle
And yet details from the animé are, so far as I'm aware, generally considered canonical with regards to the games' universe unless the latter contradicts them. Also see Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
343.png

[Catch / Ignore]?

Qvalador
694.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?

Dar
343.png

[Catch / Ignore]?

SpiedeRainbows
585.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Mystery dungeon is made just for plot. It follows none of the story line established in anything else.

Ignore

I Liek Squirtles
021.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Wargle
343.png

[Catch / Ignore]?

Qvalador
694.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?

Dar
343.png

[Catch / Ignore]?

SpiedeRainbows
585.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Ignore.

I Liek Squirtles
167.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 525

Qvalador
No sacrifices for any purpose.
220.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1200

Wargle
Doesn't necessarily make it any less canon. And even if they were merely sentient, sacrificing them would still be bad. Which is why we have animal sacrifice rules in the real world.
361.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 2025

Dar
296.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1185

Besiedes, if you were to sacrifice something, you can't sacrifice Pidgey and Caterpie. You have to sacrifice the good stuff.

Ignoring because I have Ariados already.

Ignoring.

I don't like to think of it as a "sacrifice," per se. More like a post-mortem option.

Bigger stuff is harder to burn, I liek Squirtles.

I Liek Squirtles
167.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 525

Qvalador
No sacrifices for any purpose.
220.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1200

Wargle
Doesn't necessarily make it any less canon. And even if they were merely sentient, sacrificing them would still be bad. Which is why we have animal sacrifice rules in the real world.
361.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 2025

Dar
296.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1185
But if it's the basis of beliefs can it really be outlawed? It's somewhat discriminatory to those who truly believe it

ignore

Dar
074.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Absol (Female), Magneton (Female), Mamoswine (Male), Elgyem (Male), Makuhita (Female)
Total Points: 1275

I Liek Squirtles
506.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 570

Qvalador
That would be desecrating a corpse, which is illegal.
362.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1260

Wargle
Human sacrifice, animal sacrifice, ritual murder, cannibalism, and more are all part of beliefs of someone somewhere, but they're still illegal. So I'm going to say yes it can.
438.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 2070

Dar
074.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Absol (Female), Magneton (Female), Mamoswine (Male), Elgyem (Male), Makuhita (Female)

I Liek Squirtles
506.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Qvalador
362.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?

Wargle
Human sacrifice, animal sacrifice, ritual murder, cannibalism, and more are all part of beliefs of someone somewhere, but they're still illegal. So I'm going to say yes it can.
438.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Ignore.

Dar
074.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?

I Liek Squirtles
506.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Qvalador
362.png
Male
[Catch / Ignore]?

Wargle
438.png
Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
But it's consensual!

Catching.

Back
Top Bottom