• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

Murkrow:

Actions: 6/8
Candy Cornn: 0

m2a9VI6.png

Victor stares at you dubiously. That's kind of... not how it works, his look plainly reads, but you encourage him to try anyway. You press A at the statue, who side-eyes you.
"Would you like to surf?"
"Yes!"
Victor flails for a moment, before... swimming in the floor? This is weird, but you climb atop him like a skateboard. Victor's legs seem to clip through the floor, and he can ... surf. Victor swims to the statue, and you clip through the marble. Inside, there's a single patch of ocean. Lazy developers. You press A again, and through some glitch, you're rewarded with two pieces of Candy Cornn. Thanks, Gamefreak!
A1qQvOZ.png

You surf back out of the statue (who's blushing again, feeling like its personal space has been invaded) and jump onto the floor, which has become solid again. Victor stops surfing... somehow. He taps his legs on the tiles, looking about as confused as a Kabuto can look.

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

I'd like to head into the Dining Hall

Faorzia:

Actions: 2/8
Candy Cornn: 3

HXRsq5a.png

You examine the trap door - sticking your head in, you see nothing but black. Tavvy chirps and the chirp echoes for a long time. You shrug - it's probably safe! - and jump right in. The cold air whooshes past you ... and then slows down, abruptly. Tavvy has taken hold of your hair and is flapping his wings furiously, trying to hold your weight. Actually, maybe this is a bad idea. You let Tavvy pull you out of the trap door, and you sit on the floor, letting your feet dangle in the hole as Tavvy tries to catch his breath. You can hear movement, and some kind of creature give a low growl, way at the bottom of the black ditch. A pair of bright red eyes stare up at you from the gloom - it looks a bit lonely. :C

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

Someone's lonely? That will never do :< Tavvy, go ahead and Confide to it that we aren't gonna hurt them! Maybe we can be friends~ I really didn't mean to try and jump and squish them, honest--

Lord of the Fireflies:

Actions: 7/8

m2a9VI6.png

You climb up the stairs and notice Ether's Bane examining one of the paintings on the wall. You grin and sidle up next to him.

"Hey there!" You slap him on the back; he winces awkwardly. "Say, what is this painting you're looking at!"

"Well," he says, "I've noticed some - "

"Aha! Treasure!" You snap your fingers. "Marlboro, fetch!"

Marlboro squeals with delight and rams his whole body into the painting. It wobbles for a second, then falls to the floor with a thud. The wooden frame cracks and something falls out of it!
A1qQvOZ.png

You pick up the single piece of Candy Cornn and put it in your pocket.

"Hey, I was the one who found the..." Ether's Bane mumbles.

"You did a great job! Thanks, buddy!" You pat him on the back again, then walk away, satisfied with your find.

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Ok, let's try and visit the Library to come up with a strategy that doesn't involve being a complete jerk now.

Keldeo:

Actions: 1/8
Candy Cornn: 3

nImL84L.png

You and Pedri rifle through the boxes in the corner, finding all kinds of interesting knick-knacks before tossing them aside. A strange souvenir that looks like a face, some kind of weird bracelet with a coloured jewel set into the middle, an old Nokia mobile phone... finally, you come across an old, worn suitcase. It's pretty heavy, but when both you and Pedri can't open the latch, you realise it's probably locked. If it's locked, there's definitely something valuable inside, Pedri reasons.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Okay, I'll put all of the items in a line with the suitcase first, and then you can fire a Dark Pulse through them! With luck, maybe it'll break the lock on the suitcase, or scare out any ghosts hiding inside?

edit: Oh wait, it looks like the 6 Cornn I'd gotten in my previous action hadn't been accounted for, since I deleted the part in MD's post where I actually got the Cornn? That was entirely my mistake and I've already bothered you guys about an event-related thing, though, so I'd be happy to surrender them to the void.

Last edited:

I liek Scythers:

Actions: 3/8
Candy Cornn: 7

I4ivO8C.png

You and Mr Turtle step into the kitchen, where the temperature drops a little bit. There's a big area of frost on one wall, but it looks like it's been there a while, and it's dripping a little bit. There are plates and cutlery strewn about the room. Two fridges are sitting in one corner, and someone has arranged all the fridge magnets into a smiling Rotom face.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Examine the Rotom magnets to verify if they really are magnets.

Metallica Fanboy:

Actions: 4/8
1wvEkP4.png

You muse that the power cord of this television will surely lead you to Charon, and so you command Fanpie to do something about it. Fanpie trots over to the cord, wraps her trunk around it, and pulls, and pulls... the socket crackles with electricity, which Fanpie ignores. She pulls with all her strength, and the plug rips out of the wall, along with the socket, some wires, and a bit of drywall. You examine the hole in the wall, and it appears to be stuffed with four pieces of ... Candied Cornn? What on earth?!
A1qQvOZ.png

The crawlspace behind the plug is tiny, and you reason that with all of that Cornn in there, there's no way this could've been used as an escape route. You can still hear the static, but you feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room. Maybe someone else will find something.
Travelogue Entry #108
Month Δ, Week ζ, Day 魅, Hour ✈

My Fanpie partner defeated the socket that blocked my passage, with but a little struggle. The barking of the volts, it didn't even make her come down with a case of the flinch. And only five seconds and fifty-six smallseconds after she finished her work, I did the rushing in, screaming "Criminal Charon! In this night, I will be the one who is driving the boat!"

When I looked into the hole, however, I saw that my mark was no longer a dumb criminal; he was now only a criminal. His escape route, he sealed it with some kind of yellow and orange substance that caused the disgust just from looking. That pathetic thing was not enough alone to prevent me from giving the chase, but it would require a lot of time to clear it, and with that time, he would run and run and get himself at big. I wasted no more time. He could run as far as he liked -- I would busy myself with uncovering evidence that he left here, and use this evidence to corner him the next time.

Hm? Something is happening as I write. These blasted cuffs, they make my important writing speed smaller.

... What is this? The Fanpie, it slammed its trunk into the wall, and the strange orange things fell down, and there was... nothing behind them! Could it be that I, International Police Officer Looker, was made to look like a fool? Charon obviously was never in this room! I must rush to discover his whereabouts! To the corridor!

But, first... I will be keeping these strange orange marbles, as evidence.

Today is Sunday, which means sign-ups for the Scavenger Hunt are officially closed! However, we're not complete monsters (unlike the creatures lurking in the Chateau), so anyone who's already playing will get to finish. When everyone's finished, it'll be time for the prizes. Spoopy! Creppy!

-----

Eta Carinae:
Might as well head out to the Bedroom Hallway again.
Candy Cornn: 8

LIT3ijg.png

When you leave the room, the door slams shut behind you of its own accord. A sense of dread washes over you. Something bad's about to happen.

"Hurry," says HALp.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Ether's Bane:
Back to the Entrance Hall.
Candy Cornn: 5

m2a9VI6.png

You and Viskran leave the Storage Room, certain that Faorzia will be fine on her own. Back in the Entrance Hall, you spot that painting from before, still lying cracked on the ground. There's definitely a mystery to solve here, but something gives you the feeling that you ought to leave as soon as you -

Suddenly, a blood-curdling scream comes from the Storage Room.

You glance nervously behind you. Whatever you need to do next, better do it quick.

-----

Nira:
Let's head over to the kitchen for our last hurrah.

I4ivO8C.png

Chased by angry ghosts, you and Twilight Princess run into the Kitchen and slam the door shut behind you.

"Phew! That was close," you say, wiping the sweat from your brow. Twilight Princess chirps in relief.

I liek Scythers is already in the room, examining the fridges in the far corner. Other than that, not much seems to be going on in here, but you observe that several parts of the room are covered with suspicious-looking patches of frost. In fact, as you look closer, the frost appears to be... moving!? You watch in stunned silence as the frost patches explode, one by one, into swirling clouds of ice. They gather into the shape of a ghastly figure, hovering in the center of the room, and you hear a voice speaking to you:

"Foolish mortal... Don't you know it's rude to slam doors?"

From the cloud of snow emerges a small Froslass, surrounded by a vortex of snow. Her eyes fix on you.

"Now you must answer my riddle," she says, "or else I will not suffer you to live! Ahaha!"

Not good. You glance at I liek Scythers; the Froslass doesn't seem to have noticed him yet. Maybe he could attack her from behind and help you, but there's no way to signal him without the ghost noticing.

"Ahem!" she says. "Riddle me this: Why is it impossible to prove Euler's identity?"

She grins at you expectantly while waiting for your response. You suspect this is the lead-up to a terrible pun, but at the same time, she seems perfectly serious about murdering the shit out of you. While you rack your brains trying to think of an answer to the riddle, Twilight Princess nudges you discreetly; she seems to want to fight.

This is it. What will you do?

-----

Murkrow:
I'd like to head into the Dining Hall
Actions: 5/8
Candy Cornn: 2

nImL84L.png

The first thing you see in the Dining Hall is the dining table, or at least what remains of it - it's been smashed into splinters. Actually, upon further inspection, it seems everything in the room has been utterly destroyed, from the furniture to the paintings to the floor. You can't tell if it's the work of ghosts or of trainers, but somehow you lean towards the latter explanation.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Faorzia:
Someone's lonely? That will never do :< Tavvy, go ahead and Confide to it that we aren't gonna hurt them! Maybe we can be friends~ I really didn't mean to try and jump and squish them, honest--

HXRsq5a.png

You and Tavvy peer into the darkness under the trapdoor. Down there, something is growling and shuffling about...

"I'm sorry!" you shout into the hole. "Tavvy, you should apologize too!"

You give Tavvy a little nudge. He seems reluctant, but finally chirps something inaudible into the hole just to humor you.

"Hey, are you lonely?" you shout.

The shuffling sounds more animated now, as if the creature is growing restless. Then you hear a blood-curdling scream, followed by silence. A few moments later, something flies out of the trapdoor - it's Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

You collect the four pieces of Candy Cornn. It's all covered in some sort of black oily substance... Gross!

"Thank you!" you shout into the trapdoor while you wipe off the Candy Cornn.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

Lord of the Fireflies:
Ok, let's try and visit the Library to come up with a strategy that doesn't involve being a complete jerk now.
Actions: 6/8
Candy Cornn: 1

sdilbMt.png

Having filled your jerk quota for the day, you resolve to be nice to everyone from now on. You and Marlboro enter the Library, which is in complete disarray; most of the shelves have been knocked over and books are scattered all over the place. What an excellent opportunity to do a good deed! ... Right?

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Keldeo:
Okay, I'll put all of the items in a line with the suitcase first, and then you can fire a Dark Pulse through them! With luck, maybe it'll break the lock on the suitcase, or scare out any ghosts hiding inside?

edit: Oh wait, it looks like the 6 Cornn I'd gotten in my previous action hadn't been accounted for, since I deleted the part in MD's post where I actually got the Cornn? That was entirely my mistake and I've already bothered you guys about an event-related thing, though, so I'd be happy to surrender them to the void.
Actions: 0/8
Candy Cornn: 9

nImL84L.png

You realize that the previous narrator forgot to account for all your collected Candy Cornn, like a complete foolon. Curse the heavens! But just as you're about to succumb to despair, a nearby window shatters, and Candy Cornn starts raining in! What the hell!? You look outside; for some reason, Totodile is out there, throwing all of her Candy Cornn at the Chateau in a fit of rage. Wordlessly, you collect the six pieces of Candy Cornn that were rightly yours to begin with.

Back to business. You line up the items you found in the boxes, and Pedri sends a blast of dark energy right through them. As the pulse pierces the suitcase, it starts shaking violently, then snaps open. Sitting inside is a small pile of Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

You reach for the six pieces of Candy Cornn, but as you lean in closer, you feel an invisible force tugging at you: something's pulling you towards the suitcase! You try to turn away, but the pull grows stronger and stronger with every second - it feels like it's going to stretch you apart. Finally you trip and fall into the suitcase; it sucks you inside and closes with a click.

Much too late, you realize that the other narrator probably was nicer after all.

Thanks for playing! In total you found 15 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----

I liek Scythers:
Examine the Rotom magnets to verify if they really are magnets.

I4ivO8C.png

You take a closer look at the fridge magnets. Other than the funny pattern they're arranged in, they seem quite ordinary. You wonder if one of them might be a hidden switch of some kind, or -

The door slams behind you. Startled, you turn around and see Nira and Twilight Princess, both panting with exhaustion. Seems like they ran all the way into this room. What a pair of weirdos. You return your attention to the fridge, but realize that something's different: the fridge magnets have moved slightly! Cautiously, you poke one of the magnets with your finger.

"That tickles!" says the fridge, giggling and swaying from side to side.

"Hush you, be quiet!" says the other fridge.

That explains it. They're no ordinary fridges - they're Fridge Rotom! Good thing you took a closer look. Surely they've got some Candy Cornn for you to snag.

But before you can do anything, you're interrupted yet again, this time by the sound of shattering ice. All of the frost in the room suddenly bursts into tiny shards, whirling about the room. They gather into a twister of snow and ice hovering above the tables, and a spectral figure materializes within.

"Foolish mortal..." says the figure, extending an arm towards Nira. "Don't you know it's rude to slam doors?"

It's hard to tell from behind, but the ghost appears to be a Froslass. You and Mr. Turtle hold your breaths as the ghost moves threateningly towards Nira.

"Now you must answer my riddle," she says, "or else I will not suffer you to live! Ahaha!"

Luckily for you, the Froslass doesn't seem to have noticed you; she's focusing her attention on Nira. You're probably safe for another moment or two. But what will you do now? You could try to sneak away, but the door's on the other side of the room. You could try to help Nira and attack the ghost, but then you'd definitely draw her attention. Or maybe you could use a move to accomplish something else, but you're not sure how.

Mr. Turtle points at the two Fridge Rotom. Hmm? What's he trying to tell you? Maybe...!

----

Metallica Fanboy:
Travelogue Entry #108
Month Δ, Week ζ, Day 魅, Hour ✈

My Fanpie partner defeated the socket that blocked my passage, with but a little struggle. The barking of the volts, it didn't even make her come down with a case of the flinch. And only five seconds and fifty-six smallseconds after she finished her work, I did the rushing in, screaming "Criminal Charon! In this night, I will be the one who is driving the boat!"

When I looked into the hole, however, I saw that my mark was no longer a dumb criminal; he was now only a criminal. His escape route, he sealed it with some kind of yellow and orange substance that caused the disgust just from looking. That pathetic thing was not enough alone to prevent me from giving the chase, but it would require a lot of time to clear it, and with that time, he would run and run and get himself at big. I wasted no more time. He could run as far as he liked -- I would busy myself with uncovering evidence that he left here, and use this evidence to corner him the next time.

Hm? Something is happening as I write. These blasted cuffs, they make my important writing speed smaller.

... What is this? The Fanpie, it slammed its trunk into the wall, and the strange orange things fell down, and there was... nothing behind them! Could it be that I, International Police Officer Looker, was made to look like a fool? Charon obviously was never in this room! I must rush to discover his whereabouts! To the corridor!

But, first... I will be keeping these strange orange marbles, as evidence.

LIT3ijg.png

You quickly count the orange marbles you found in the wall, and discover that you actually have eight of them, not four. Apparently the narrator that narrated your previous actions was a complete foolon. Wait, what does that even mean? Your own thoughts confuse you now; you had better find Charon before this haunted place warps your mind completely!

You return to the Bedroom Hallway. Not much has changed there, but it occurs to you that there are fewer people wandering about now, and the whole mansion feels more quiet and empty somehow. Are more people disappearing? Your International Police instincts tell you that you'd better act quickly.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Murkrow:

Actions: 5/8

nImL84L.png

The first thing you see in the Dining Hall is the dining table, or at least what remains of it - it's been smashed into splinters. Actually, upon further inspection, it seems everything in the room has been utterly destroyed, from the furniture to the paintings to the floor. You can't tell if it's the work of ghosts or of trainers, but somehow you lean towards the latter explanation.

Everything on the floor has been destroyed, but what about the ceiling? Anything interesting up there?

Examine the ceiling! Let's have Victor claw his way up there as well to see if he can see anything.

Eta Carinae:

LIT3ijg.png

When you leave the room, the door slams shut behind you of its own accord. A sense of dread washes over you. Something bad's about to happen.

"Hurry," says HALp.

What completes the trifecta with Ice and Bug? Why, Psychic, of course! So give me a Psychic-type Hidden Power on the doormat, HALp, and then hopefully we can get out of here. I'm all spooked out.

-----
Faorzia:

HXRsq5a.png

You and Tavvy peer into the darkness under the trapdoor. Down there, something is growling and shuffling about...

"I'm sorry!" you shout into the hole. "Tavvy, you should apologize too!"

You give Tavvy a little nudge. He seems reluctant, but finally chirps something inaudible into the hole just to humor you.

"Hey, are you lonely?" you shout.

The shuffling sounds more animated now, as if the creature is growing restless. Then you hear a blood-curdling scream, followed by silence. A few moments later, something flies out of the trapdoor - it's Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

You collect the four pieces of Candy Cornn. It's all covered in some sort of black oily substance... Gross!

"Thank you!" you shout into the trapdoor while you wipe off the Candy Cornn.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Ah, back to the Entrance Hall, then.

Ether's Bane:

m2a9VI6.png

You and Viskran leave the Storage Room, certain that Faorzia will be fine on her own. Back in the Entrance Hall, you spot that painting from before, still lying cracked on the ground. There's definitely a mystery to solve here, but something gives you the feeling that you ought to leave as soon as you -

Suddenly, a blood-curdling scream comes from the Storage Room.

You glance nervously behind you. Whatever you need to do next, better do it quick.

Examine the red mat at the bottom of the left staircase.

Murkrow:
Everything on the floor has been destroyed, but what about the ceiling? Anything interesting up there?

Examine the ceiling! Let's have Victor claw his way up there as well to see if he can see anything.

nImL84L.png

You look up at the ceiling, and are astonished that you didn't noticed the beautifully-painted fresco that expands across the entire ceiling. The painting depicts what looks like a huge, detailed map of Sinnoh, with a dark, hallowed figure sitting atop Mt. Coronet. You imagine that the painting was beautiful in its time, but now it's pretty faded, and cobwebs make it difficult to see the intricate details. Victor, who's crawled up the wall and onto the ceiling, brushes away a cobweb to reveal a crude painting of some Candy Cornn where the Old Chateau should be on the map. It's painted in bright, garish colours, and obviously painted with a different hand than the rest of the fresco.

-----

Eta Carinae:

What completes the trifecta with Ice and Bug? Why, Psychic, of course! So give me a Psychic-type Hidden Power on the doormat, HALp, and then hopefully we can get out of here. I'm all spooked out.

LIT3ijg.png

The rug doesn't really seem to be anything interesting - it's just a scarlet-coloured old tapestry, dirty and worn from use. But hey, you reason that you've only got one more action in here and you might as well go for something a bit safe, right?
HALp nods, and whips up another Hidden Power, sending magenta-coloured orbs of energy at the dusty old rug. The rug takes the attack, billows as though it was flying through the wind, and then settles on the floor, sending clouds of dust and three pieces of Candy Cornn as it goes. That was ... kind of anticlimatic, really. You were kind of expecting something a bit more... spooky. You turn to HALp and shrug.
A1qQvOZ.png

But HALp is staring at the rug, entranced... something is definitely wrong here. "Haemomancy," says HALp, terrified, and ... wait, what? What does that even mean?

The rug suddenly begins to shudder, the red colour seeping out from the centre of the fabric, and beginning to bleed onto the floor. Oh right, blood magic. Gross. Blood cascades down the walls, out from under the bedroom doors, and pools on the tiles in the hallway. The red tinge darkens and blooms across the floor, rushing to the spot where you and HALp stand. You hug HALp close to you with one hand and use the other to shield your face, as the blood forms spikes and envelopes you where you stand...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 11 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----
Ether's Bane:
Examine the red mat at the bottom of the left staircase.

m2a9VI6.png

You and Viskran feel a bit uneasy - you've both been in here a long time without noticing, but suddenly, you feel as though your time is limited. Now you're back in the Entrance Hall, you might as well check one more thing before you head out, just in case you find more Candy Cornn. Looking around, you realise there's not much that hasn't been broken, or bullied, or stolen already, so you settle on one of the floor rugs. You and Viskran head down the staircase, step onto the ground floor, and check out the rug. This one has been woven in a deep, rich burgundy, with golden embroidery and fringe. You notice absent-mindedly that the design almost looks like it's got eyes. Viskran lifts up one corner of the rug to have a look, when the rug snaps back down to the ground with crunch! You kick the rug, irritated. What a dick thing to do! We're just trying to have a look.

The rug shudders, and you notice the golden embroidery has come alive! The eyes stare at you menacingly, and one side of the rug lifts up like a mouth, the tassles and fringe forming teeth. With a roar, a serpentine creature rears its head, the rug forming the head and the staircase bending and twisting like the body of a snake rearing. The creature towers above you, and you back away slowly, although not too far, in case you wake up the other rug.

A golden thread flickers between the teeth like a snake's tongue, before the monster grasps you in its teeth, and swallows you and Viskran whole. The monster settles back into the shape of an innocent staircase and an old fancy rug.

Nobody will ever know.

Thanks for playing! In total you found 5 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----

Faorzia:
Ah, back to the Entrance Hall, then.
Candy Cornn: 9

m2a9VI6.png

You and Tavvy head back to the Entrance Hall, pleased at helping out some weird haunted creature. You feel a bit odd, like you really should be anywhere except this Chateau right now, so you and Tavvy make a beeline to the front door ... just as you watch Ether's Bane get devoured by the other staircase. Hmm. Not keen to become monster lunch, you slide down the bannister (which growls, but stays put), with Tavvy riding on your shoulder. The other staircase seems to still be digesting, and lets you go past, and none of the resident ghosts appear to punish you for desecrating their home. As you run to the door, however, the house appears to shake, and tiles start to peel away from the floor and float, weightless. The front door rug slides away as you approach the door, and it takes a huge effort for you to clasp the doorhandle...

Finally, you wrench the door open, and gaze outside to a dark, foggy expanse. The line of people waiting to come in is gone, and you can see nothing but darkness and cold, grey fog. You float outwards into the night, Tavvy flapping his wings uselessly, and you give him your finger to clasp his feet to. The Chateau has stopped accepting guests, and you, the only entrant to make it back outside unharmed, have become trapped in the void between the house and the outside world. You try to escape back into the house, but it drifts away from you, soon just a speck on the horizon.

Tavvy crawls close and nuzzles your face. At least you won't be lonely.

Thanks for playing! In total you found 9 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!http://forums.dragonflycave.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Murkrow:

nImL84L.png

You look up at the ceiling, and are astonished that you didn't noticed the beautifully-painted fresco that expands across the entire ceiling. The painting depicts what looks like a huge, detailed map of Sinnoh, with a dark, hallowed figure sitting atop Mt. Coronet. You imagine that the painting was beautiful in its time, but now it's pretty faded, and cobwebs make it difficult to see the intricate details. Victor, who's crawled up the wall and onto the ceiling, brushes away a cobweb to reveal a crude painting of some Candy Cornn where the Old Chateau should be on the map. It's painted in bright, garish colours, and obviously painted with a different hand than the rest of the fresco.

I don't want to damage the painting, but there's something suspicious about that "picture" of Candy Cornn. Let's try to get in onto the ground. Use Smack Down!

Oops I missed being replied to. Also, feel free to skip over finishing mine if it ends up being the last one going, although that isn't extremely likely to happen at this point.

Metallica Fanboy:

LIT3ijg.png

You quickly count the orange marbles you found in the wall, and discover that you actually have eight of them, not four. Apparently the narrator that narrated your previous actions was a complete foolon. Wait, what does that even mean? Your own thoughts confuse you now; you had better find Charon before this haunted place warps your mind completely!

You return to the Bedroom Hallway. Not much has changed there, but it occurs to you that there are fewer people wandering about now, and the whole mansion feels more quiet and empty somehow. Are more people disappearing? Your International Police instincts tell you that you'd better act quickly.

Travelogue Entry #152
Month Z, Week Ξ, Day ❋, Hour ❡

As I moevd awya from the bderoom, I h½ppnÆd tÔ ¬otiŒ À nøñst»ppïng ¤¼oÚnd, †/ike a þuzZ -= M,Ãýbê mÿ wr¢ƒtNg éq°pm&nt hå§ βεεν
POSSESSED BY A GHOST? AHAH, HAH! THAT WOULD BE AMUSING, IF A GHOST COULD SIMPLY GO INSIDE AN ELECTRIC APPLICANCE!

But that was not the time for such a pointless distraction.
I, LOOKER, had ISsues of pAramount imPOrtance tO Pay HEeD to
. Indeed! The mystery of Charon, it was now together with the mystery of the marbles. Speaking of which, that plot thickened when I rushed into the corridor:
it LOOKed As if, ouT of nonwhere, THree -- nAchT, four! -- more of them feLl dOwn, SEemingly fRom the ceiling, and rigHt At my HeAd
!

Puzzled, I
comunEd wIth my ally in this cavernous mess -- the FanpIE, obviously! -- and it WAS higHly clEaR to mE and to it that
something foul lurked around this house. Indeed, fouler than even Former Team Galactic Charon and his mean tricks. And so, I asked to Fanpie if it could use its Rolling Out up on the wall and to the ceiling, to investigate if any hidden corridors are hiding there, and if any bad guys are hiding there with their silly marbles. And to think, they think that being taunted by something so small and orange will break my hard-boiled cool!

... Hm? Oh, no, I did not write- oh, oh, it is salved already.

As I moved away from the bedroom, I happned to notice a nonstopping sound, like a buzz -- maybe my writing equipment has been possessed by a ghost? Ahah, hah! That would be amusing, if a ghost could simply go inside an electric applicance!

But that was not the time for such a pointless distraction. I, Looker, had issues of paramount importance to pay heed to. Indeed! The mystery of Charon, it was now together with the mystery of the marbles. Speaking of which, that plot thickened when I rushed into the corridor: it looked as if, out of nonwhere, three -- nacht, four! -- more of them fell down, seemingly from the ceiling, and right at my head!

Puzzled, I communed with my ally in this cavernous mess -- the Fanpie, obviously! -- and it was highly clear to me and to it that something foul lurked around this house. Indeed, fouler than even Former Team Galactic Charon and his mean tricks. And so, I asked to Fanpie if it could use its Rolling Out up on the wall and to the ceiling, to investigate if any hidden corridors are hiding there, and if any bad guys are hiding there with their silly marbles. And to think, they think that being taunted by something so small and orange will break my hard-boiled cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Murkrow:
I don't want to damage the painting, but there's something suspicious about that "picture" of Candy Cornn. Let's try to get in onto the ground. Use Smack Down!

nImL84L.png

At your command, Victor whacks the Candy Cornn picture with his claw. A small crack forms in the ceiling, then widens into a hole - through which a whole bunch of candies fall down!

... but most of them are black.

There's dozens and dozens of them. You poke one of the black candies; it smells like ammonia and has an unpleasant texture. Just as you thought - it's salty licorice. Shuddering with disgust, you quickly rifle through the pile of candies, and find a few pieces of untainted Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

All in all, you manage to pick out six pieces of Candy Cornn before you are overwhelmed by revulsion.

When you look up at the ceiling, it strikes you that you've now made a gaping black hole that blots out the Old Chateau's location on the map. It feels symbolic somehow. Victor scuttles up next to you; you pat him absentmindedly as you plan your next course of action.

-----

Metallica Fanboy:
Oops I missed being replied to. Also, feel free to skip over finishing mine if it ends up being the last one going, although that isn't extremely likely to happen at this point.

Travelogue Entry #152
Month Z, Week Ξ, Day ❋, Hour ❡

As I moevd awya from the bderoom, I h½ppnÆd tÔ ¬otiŒ À nøñst»ppïng ¤¼oÚnd, †/ike a þuzZ -= M,Ãýbê mÿ wr¢ƒtNg éq°pm&nt hå§ βεεν
POSSESSED BY A GHOST? AHAH, HAH! THAT WOULD BE AMUSING, IF A GHOST COULD SIMPLY GO INSIDE AN ELECTRIC APPLICANCE!

But that was not the time for such a pointless distraction.
I, LOOKER, had ISsues of pAramount imPOrtance tO Pay HEeD to
. Indeed! The mystery of Charon, it was now together with the mystery of the marbles. Speaking of which, that plot thickened when I rushed into the corridor:
it LOOKed As if, ouT of nonwhere, THree -- nAchT, four! -- more of them feLl dOwn, SEemingly fRom the ceiling, and rigHt At my HeAd
!

Puzzled, I
comunEd wIth my ally in this cavernous mess -- the FanpIE, obviously! -- and it WAS higHly clEaR to mE and to it that
something foul lurked around this house. Indeed, fouler than even Former Team Galactic Charon and his mean tricks. And so, I asked to Fanpie if it could use its Rolling Out up on the wall and to the ceiling, to investigate if any hidden corridors are hiding there, and if any bad guys are hiding there with their silly marbles. And to think, they think that being taunted by something so small and orange will break my hard-boiled cool!

As I moved away from the bedroom, I happned to notice a nonstopping sound, like a buzz -- maybe my writing equipment has been possessed by a ghost? Ahah, hah! That would be amusing, if a ghost could simply go inside an electric applicance!

But that was not the time for such a pointless distraction. I, Looker, had issues of paramount importance to pay heed to. Indeed! The mystery of Charon, it was now together with the mystery of the marbles. Speaking of which, that plot thickened when I rushed into the corridor: it looked as if, out of nonwhere, three -- nacht, four! -- more of them fell down, seemingly from the ceiling, and right at my head!

Puzzled, I communed with my ally in this cavernous mess -- the Fanpie, obviously! -- and it was highly clear to me and to it that something foul lurked around this house. Indeed, fouler than even Former Team Galactic Charon and his mean tricks. And so, I asked to Fanpie if it could use its Rolling Out up on the wall and to the ceiling, to investigate if any hidden corridors are hiding there, and if any bad guys are hiding there with their silly marbles. And to think, they think that being taunted by something so small and orange will break my hard-boiled cool!

LIT3ijg.png

Indyelle curls into a ball and rolls around the Hallway, crashing into everything she can see. She doesn't travel up the walls so much as through them, though - there was already a huge hole leading into the Entrance Hall to begin with, and the impact widens it, leaving most of the southern wall utterly broken. After bouncing back and forth along the Hallway for a while, she finally grinds to a halt at your feet.

You notice that some more orange marbles have fallen out from behind the cracked wall paneling.
A1qQvOZ.png

They might help you solve this mystery, so you pocket the three orange marbles. It seems these things are everywhere. As far as you can tell, it appears that the walls are hollow in this room too, just as they were in the Bedroom. But the space behind them is definitely not wide enough for anyone to fit inside - not a human, anyway. So who put those marbles there? A Pokémon?

The strange buzzing noise that keeps following you is getting really annoying now...

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Metallica Fanboy:

LIT3ijg.png

Indyelle curls into a ball and rolls around the Hallway, crashing into everything she can see. She doesn't travel up the walls so much as through them, though - there was already a huge hole leading into the Entrance Hall to begin with, and the impact widens it, leaving most of the southern wall utterly broken. After bouncing back and forth along the Hallway for a while, she finally grinds to a halt at your feet.

You notice that some more orange marbles have fallen out from behind the cracked wall paneling.
A1qQvOZ.png

They might help you solve this mystery, so you pocket the three orange marbles. It seems these things are everywhere. As far as you can tell, it appears that the walls are hollow in this room too, just as they were in the Bedroom. But the space behind them is definitely not wide enough for anyone to fit inside - not a human, anyway. So who put those marbles there? A Pokémon?

The strange buzzing noise that keeps following you is getting really annoying now...

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.
Travelogue Entry #7.5982035812778002971760858606213e+1283
Month ∞, Week ∞, Day ∞, Hour ∞

W҉r̀❡̕ti͏❡g̀ is̀ ̨d͏įf͡❡icu̸❡͡t̀ ͜r͢i͝❡͏h̶t̴ ̢❡❡͡w̧.̛ If́ I̶ ̕d̸❡̨n't exit̛ ́th̕i͢s҉ pl͠a͞ce͏ alive͟, let ̵❡❡❡̸❡❡❡͏❡❡ ̢kn̢ow͟ ̵t̢h͠at ͡m̸y i͠nheritąge͠ ͡i̛s ̸goińg ̢to h̷❡❡̡. ͘A҉nd̨ ͟❡❡͡at͠ I̷ ͝am ͘d́❡̶ad be̴c͝a͡us̷e ̸I͠ ͝❡̀❡❡❡ed th͜e ͞tr̶ut̕h̡,̷ u͜n͏t͠il͞ ̡th́e͡ ͢ènd͝!

A❡̕d͠ ̀ţhe̵ ͢t̵ruth ҉is̶,͞ ̛th̕is̵ p͢lac҉e ͘is̴ ̕n͝❡̴❡͘ r̢ea̷l͘. ͟I ̧ex͞p͢❡ain̷: m̡y a͘l❡̸y̢,́ bless͜ ͏it͜s̷ ̵❡❡͞a͜r͞t̨, c͘ǫ❡ldn❡͟t ҉r̷o͏ll̨ u͜p̵ t̶he̢ w̷al͜l.̡ ͠Whe̷n i͢t mo̵❡éd ̸i͝nt͜o th̶e ҉w❡❡͞l, ̨ţha͘t ❡a❡̴l ͜be̢c̸a͢m͏e͏ ͝a͞❡̴h̶ole͡, ͝bèc҉a̛u̷s̀e i͢ţ w҉a͜s̶ ҉n̛o͟t͝ ̢h͠ard enou̴gh.̕ ͞❡̶❡d ͡ín͘s̴i̡d̕e͡ t̷he͡ ͡hole..̨. thęŗe w͞ere mo̸re̢ ̨marb̢l̕ès͝! ̶❡❡͡ree͞ ͏of̀ ͠the̵m̸ ̕h͝a͝d̨ ͜fa҉ll̶en̷ ̸down̸,͡ b͡u̶t͘ I̕ investi̛❡a̕ted the ̴ho͡l͏e҉ a͞❡❡ s̸❡̸w ̢❡ha҉t,͞ ̢ìn❡❡d͜e ̨th̢e͟ ̸w͞❡❡̀ls,̶ t❡❡̕r̵ę ẁa͏❡ ❡́o w̢a̛❡̛❡̶,͠ ҉o❡n͘ly҉ ̢m͠❡̨n̢y ❡ąrbl͟❡s̛.҉ ͏T❡❡❡ ̛b❡❡ld❡̧n̸g ̸❡͏❡͢s ̷a f͝❡͢l̡s̀e a͞❡l̵ alo❡͜g͞! ❡҉❡❡❡̡❡❡͝❡❡̸❡̀❡❡͝❡❡҉❡❡❡̨❡̕❡̴❡͝❡͢❡❡͠
̡
̢F❡̷r̕ ͜the̷ ̸ḿ❡m͠❡͠nt̢ ̷I ̕coul̡dn'̸t ͢thi͠nk ❡❡̡ȩa̸rĺy, ̶so ͏I s❡mply̕ ̢ran to the Entrance Hall ͝❡r̡yi❡̧g ̛to҉ ex̨❡͡t.̷ ❡u͘t͏, ̧a͟ll̷ ̧of̨ a ̢s̴❡❡d̸en,͠ ̨I ̧un͢derstood it all...

Wr❡ti❡g is dif❡icu❡t ri❡ht ❡❡w. If I d❡n't exit this place alive, let ❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡ know that my inheritage is going to h❡❡. And ❡❡at I am d❡ad because I ❡❡❡❡ed the truth, until the end!

A❡d the truth is, this place is n❡❡ real. I exp❡ain: my al❡y, bless its ❡❡art, co❡ldn❡t roll up the wall. When it mo❡ed into the w❡❡l, that ❡a❡l became a❡hole, because it was not hard enough. ❡❡d inside the hole... there were more marbles! ❡❡ree of them had fallen down, but I investi❡ated the hole a❡❡ s❡w ❡hat, in❡❡de the w❡❡ls, t❡❡re wa❡ ❡o wa❡❡, o❡nly m❡ny ❡arbl❡s. T❡❡❡ b❡❡ld❡ng ❡❡s a f❡lse a❡l alo❡g! ❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡

F❡r the m❡m❡nt I couldn't think ❡❡early, so I s❡mply ran to the Entrance Hall ❡ryi❡g to ex❡t. ❡ut, all of a s❡❡den, I understood it all...

Murkrow:

nImL84L.png

At your command, Victor whacks the Candy Cornn picture with his claw. A small crack forms in the ceiling, then widens into a hole - through which a whole bunch of candies fall down!

... but most of them are black.

There's dozens and dozens of them. You poke one of the black candies; it smells like ammonia and has an unpleasant texture. Just as you thought - it's salty licorice. Shuddering with disgust, you quickly rifle through the pile of candies, and find a few pieces of untainted Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

All in all, you manage to pick out six pieces of Candy Cornn before you are overwhelmed by revulsion.

When you look up at the ceiling, it strikes you that you've now made a gaping black hole that blots out the Old Chateau's location on the map. It feels symbolic somehow. Victor scuttles up next to you; you pat him absentmindedly as you plan your next course of action.

>> GO WEST

Into the kitchen!

I liek Scythers:

I4ivO8C.png

You take a closer look at the fridge magnets. Other than the funny pattern they're arranged in, they seem quite ordinary. You wonder if one of them might be a hidden switch of some kind, or -

The door slams behind you. Startled, you turn around and see Nira and Twilight Princess, both panting with exhaustion. Seems like they ran all the way into this room. What a pair of weirdos. You return your attention to the fridge, but realize that something's different: the fridge magnets have moved slightly! Cautiously, you poke one of the magnets with your finger.

"That tickles!" says the fridge, giggling and swaying from side to side.

"Hush you, be quiet!" says the other fridge.

That explains it. They're no ordinary fridges - they're Fridge Rotom! Good thing you took a closer look. Surely they've got some Candy Cornn for you to snag.

But before you can do anything, you're interrupted yet again, this time by the sound of shattering ice. All of the frost in the room suddenly bursts into tiny shards, whirling about the room. They gather into a twister of snow and ice hovering above the tables, and a spectral figure materializes within.

"Foolish mortal..." says the figure, extending an arm towards Nira. "Don't you know it's rude to slam doors?"

It's hard to tell from behind, but the ghost appears to be a Froslass. You and Mr. Turtle hold your breaths as the ghost moves threateningly towards Nira.

Luckily for you, the Froslass doesn't seem to have noticed you; she's focusing her attention on Nira. You're probably safe for another moment or two. But what will you do now? You could try to sneak away, but the door's on the other side of the room. You could try to help Nira and attack the ghost, but then you'd definitely draw her attention. Or maybe you could use a move to accomplish something else, but you're not sure how.

Mr. Turtle points at the two Fridge Rotom. Hmm? What's he trying to tell you? Maybe...!

Convince the Rotom to let us ride on them to help Nira (because it's impossible to prove Euler's equation when you open a can of whoop-ass) and charge!

Nira:

I4ivO8C.png

Chased by angry ghosts, you and Twilight Princess run into the Kitchen and slam the door shut behind you.

"Phew! That was close," you say, wiping the sweat from your brow. Twilight Princess chirps in relief.

I liek Scythers is already in the room, examining the fridges in the far corner. Other than that, not much seems to be going on in here, but you observe that several parts of the room are covered with suspicious-looking patches of frost. In fact, as you look closer, the frost appears to be... moving!? You watch in stunned silence as the frost patches explode, one by one, into swirling clouds of ice. They gather into the shape of a ghastly figure, hovering in the center of the room, and you hear a voice speaking to you:

"Foolish mortal... Don't you know it's rude to slam doors?"

From the cloud of snow emerges a small Froslass, surrounded by a vortex of snow. Her eyes fix on you.

Not good. You glance at I liek Scythers; the Froslass doesn't seem to have noticed him yet. Maybe he could attack her from behind and help you, but there's no way to signal him without the ghost noticing.

"Ahem!" she says. "Riddle me this: Why is it impossible to prove Euler's identity?"

She grins at you expectantly while waiting for your response. You suspect this is the lead-up to a terrible pun, but at the same time, she seems perfectly serious about murdering the shit out of you. While you rack your brains trying to think of an answer to the riddle, Twilight Princess nudges you discreetly; she seems to want to fight.

This is it. What will you do?
Euler's identity looks pretty fucking mindblowing, but there's no way i'm ready to tackle something like that. Twlight Princess, mastermind you are, i ask that you confide the answer to the frosslass, to buy us some time while ILS flips the fuck out.

Metallica Fanboy:
Travelogue Entry #7.5982035812778002971760858606213e+1283
Month ∞, Week ∞, Day ∞, Hour ∞

W҉r̀❡̕ti͏❡g̀ is̀ ̨d͏įf͡❡icu̸❡͡t̀ ͜r͢i͝❡͏h̶t̴ ̢❡❡͡w̧.̛ If́ I̶ ̕d̸❡̨n't exit̛ ́th̕i͢s҉ pl͠a͞ce͏ alive͟, let ̵❡❡❡̸❡❡❡͏❡❡ ̢kn̢ow͟ ̵t̢h͠at ͡m̸y i͠nheritąge͠ ͡i̛s ̸goińg ̢to h̷❡❡̡. ͘A҉nd̨ ͟❡❡͡at͠ I̷ ͝am ͘d́❡̶ad be̴c͝a͡us̷e ̸I͠ ͝❡̀❡❡❡ed th͜e ͞tr̶ut̕h̡,̷ u͜n͏t͠il͞ ̡th́e͡ ͢ènd͝!

A❡̕d͠ ̀ţhe̵ ͢t̵ruth ҉is̶,͞ ̛th̕is̵ p͢lac҉e ͘is̴ ̕n͝❡̴❡͘ r̢ea̷l͘. ͟I ̧ex͞p͢❡ain̷: m̡y a͘l❡̸y̢,́ bless͜ ͏it͜s̷ ̵❡❡͞a͜r͞t̨, c͘ǫ❡ldn❡͟t ҉r̷o͏ll̨ u͜p̵ t̶he̢ w̷al͜l.̡ ͠Whe̷n i͢t mo̵❡éd ̸i͝nt͜o th̶e ҉w❡❡͞l, ̨ţha͘t ❡a❡̴l ͜be̢c̸a͢m͏e͏ ͝a͞❡̴h̶ole͡, ͝bèc҉a̛u̷s̀e i͢ţ w҉a͜s̶ ҉n̛o͟t͝ ̢h͠ard enou̴gh.̕ ͞❡̶❡d ͡ín͘s̴i̡d̕e͡ t̷he͡ ͡hole..̨. thęŗe w͞ere mo̸re̢ ̨marb̢l̕ès͝! ̶❡❡͡ree͞ ͏of̀ ͠the̵m̸ ̕h͝a͝d̨ ͜fa҉ll̶en̷ ̸down̸,͡ b͡u̶t͘ I̕ investi̛❡a̕ted the ̴ho͡l͏e҉ a͞❡❡ s̸❡̸w ̢❡ha҉t,͞ ̢ìn❡❡d͜e ̨th̢e͟ ̸w͞❡❡̀ls,̶ t❡❡̕r̵ę ẁa͏❡ ❡́o w̢a̛❡̛❡̶,͠ ҉o❡n͘ly҉ ̢m͠❡̨n̢y ❡ąrbl͟❡s̛.҉ ͏T❡❡❡ ̛b❡❡ld❡̧n̸g ̸❡͏❡͢s ̷a f͝❡͢l̡s̀e a͞❡l̵ alo❡͜g͞! ❡҉❡❡❡̡❡❡͝❡❡̸❡̀❡❡͝❡❡҉❡❡❡̨❡̕❡̴❡͝❡͢❡❡͠
̡
̢F❡̷r̕ ͜the̷ ̸ḿ❡m͠❡͠nt̢ ̷I ̕coul̡dn'̸t ͢thi͠nk ❡❡̡ȩa̸rĺy, ̶so ͏I s❡mply̕ ̢ran to the Entrance Hall ͝❡r̡yi❡̧g ̛to҉ ex̨❡͡t.̷ ❡u͘t͏, ̧a͟ll̷ ̧of̨ a ̢s̴❡❡d̸en,͠ ̨I ̧un͢derstood it all...

Wr❡ti❡g is dif❡icu❡t ri❡ht ❡❡w. If I d❡n't exit this place alive, let ❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡ know that my inheritage is going to h❡❡. And ❡❡at I am d❡ad because I ❡❡❡❡ed the truth, until the end!

A❡d the truth is, this place is n❡❡ real. I exp❡ain: my al❡y, bless its ❡❡art, co❡ldn❡t roll up the wall. When it mo❡ed into the w❡❡l, that ❡a❡l became a❡hole, because it was not hard enough. ❡❡d inside the hole... there were more marbles! ❡❡ree of them had fallen down, but I investi❡ated the hole a❡❡ s❡w ❡hat, in❡❡de the w❡❡ls, t❡❡re wa❡ ❡o wa❡❡, o❡nly m❡ny ❡arbl❡s. T❡❡❡ b❡❡ld❡ng ❡❡s a f❡lse a❡l alo❡g! ❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡

F❡r the m❡m❡nt I couldn't think ❡❡early, so I s❡mply ran to the Entrance Hall ❡ryi❡g to ex❡t. ❡ut, all of a s❡❡den, I understood it all...
Candy Cornn: 11

m2a9VI6.png

You hurry back to the Entrance Hall, which is now completely devoid of life. A faint humming noise follows you, and the mansion itself seems to tremble a little, as if shaken by a distant earthquake. Looking out through the windows, you see nothing but darkness - it's as if the entire outside world has vanished. Or perhaps it's the Chateau itself that's disappeared, and you got taken with it.

You watch as a huge chunk of the floor suddenly breaks into pieces, revealing a black void beneath it. Bits of floorboard float away into the nothingness. It seems the Chateau is literally coming apart at the seams now. Indyelle curls up next to you, confused and afraid.

You clutch your writing pad. It feels warm in your hands and buzzes loudly. How pointless it seems now, to have written all this down...

Only one thing left to do.

-----

Murkrow:
>> GO WEST

Into the kitchen!

I4ivO8C.png

The handle of the Kitchen door is ice cold to the touch. It gives you a bad feeling, but you pull the door open anyway. A heap of snow pours out, covering your shoes... and Victor.

Inside, the Kitchen is a total mess - pots and pans are strewn all over the place, and everything is half-buried in snow. One of the fridges appears to have exploded, and the other is lying on its side, near the wall. In the far corner of the room you spot I liek Scythers and his Wartortle, sitting on the floor shivering.

"What the hell happened in here?" you say as you wipe the snow from Victor.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

I liek Scythers:
Convince the Rotom to let us ride on them to help Nira (because it's impossible to prove Euler's equation when you open a can of whoop-ass) and charge!

I4ivO8C.png

You tap on the nearest fridge; a smiling Rotom face materializes on the door. Its eyes roll around whimsically before finally settling on you.

"Hey," you say, "do you guys mind if we ride on top of you?"

"Oh my!" The Rotom giggles. "First you tickle me, now you want to ride me... I don't know! What do you think, brother?"

"Quiet now!" the other fridge hisses. "We're supposed to be hidden!"

"Come on, man, you owe me one!" says the first Rotom. "Remember when I set you up with that cute toaster last year?"

Another Rotom face appears on the second fridge, rolling its eyes. "Ugh, don't remind me. Look, it's out of the question. We're staying put."

"Dude, he tickled me!"

"Seriously, lower your goddamn standards."

"I like being tickled."

While they argue, the room is quickly growing colder. You glance behind you; the Froslass is stirring up a freezing blizzard, and Nira and Twilight Princess are cornered. There's not much time...

"... Alright, human," says the first Rotom, "we've decided to help you out. Right, brother?"

The second Rotom grumbles sullenly.

"Eh, he'll come around. Hop on board!"

You climb on top of the first Rotom, and Mr. Turtle mounts the second. Then, at your signal, the four of you charge toward the Froslass. She notices you too late; you crash your fridge into her at full force, knocking her aside, and Mr. Turtle's fridge immediately slams her into the wall and pins her against it. The fridge door flies open and Candy Cornn scatters all over the floor.

"Get off me, you oaf!" the Froslass shrieks, flailing her arms wildly. For a moment, the blizzard calms - this is your chance to escape!

"Let's get out of here!" you yell to Nira. "Now!"

But instead of heading for the door, Nira and Twilight Princess are both scurrying to gather the Candy Cornn strewn about. "Give me one more second!" says Nira.

"What!? There's no time!" You stare at him, incredulous. Behind you, the Froslass is furiously spraying shards of ice in all directions; one of them narrowly misses your head.

"We're going to be rich!" says Nira. "Just keep her trapped for - "

Something explodes behind you, and you are flung off the fridge, hitting the floor with a painful thud. The Froslass cackles as it floats past you, making its way towards Nira...

You try to get back on your feet, but the blizzard is picking up again, showering you with snow and making you lose your balance; you resort to crawling across the floor instead. With a great deal of effort you manage to reach the corner of the Kitchen, where you huddle up and wait for the snowstorm to end.

Minutes later, the wind finally dies and the room goes quiet again. You look around. The Kitchen is complete chaos: there's pots and cooking utensils all over the place, and everything is covered in snow. The Froslass seems to be gone... and Nira too, for that matter. One of the fridges is destroyed, and the other is badly dented. No telling if the Rotom are still inside.

On the other side of the room, Mr. Turtle pops his head out of a pile of snow. Looks like he's okay! And he's holding something in his hand - it's Candy Cornn! He must have managed to snag some before the room froze over.
A1qQvOZ.png

He makes his way over to you, stepping gingerly through the snow, and hands you the eight pieces of Candy Cornn. At least you won't come empty-handed out of this ordeal.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

Nira:
Euler's identity looks pretty fucking mindblowing, but there's no way i'm ready to tackle something like that. Twlight Princess, mastermind you are, i ask that you confide the answer to the frosslass, to buy us some time while ILS flips the fuck out.

I4ivO8C.png

"Well?" says the Froslass impatiently. "What is your answer?"

You shrug and point to Twilight Princess. "I don't know, but I bet my friend here does."

"R-right," says Twilight Princess, "I know this one. Okay. It's impossible to prove Euler's identity because, uh... because we're really bad at math?"

The Froslass grins. "Wrong answer."

Twilight Princess gulps. "W-what is it then?"

"The correct answer is... that it is very hard to prove the identity of someone who's been dead for 250 years..."

She floats closer to you; her body is so cold, you feel ice crystals forming on your eyelashes.

"... which, coincidentally, is what they'll say when they finally find your body."

She raises her arms, and suddenly a howling wind sweeps through the Kitchen, showering you with snow - you and Twilight Princess both cry out in pain as the cold bites into your skin. The Froslass reaches for you with a clawed hand, and your legs are too numb to move...

... but all of a sudden, a flying fridge crashes into the Froslass, knocking her away! A second fridge slams her against the wall, pinning her down.

"Let's get out of here! Now!" someone yells. It's I liek Scythers, who appears to be riding the flying fridge!

The blizzard dies out, and with the warmth returning to your body, you regain control of your legs. But just as you're about to head for the exit, you notice the Candy Cornn scattered on the floor - there's dozens and dozens of pieces, far more than you've seen anywhere else in the mansion.
A1qQvOZ.png

"Give me one more second!" You and Twilight Princess start picking up as much of the Candy Cornn as you can.

"There's no time!" says I liek Scythers.

"We're going to be rich!" You shove four pieces of Candy Cornn into your pockets. "Just keep her trapped for - "

The fridge pinning down the Froslass suddenly explodes in a shower of sparks and ice. Oh, shit. You turn around and try to run for the door, but a freezing gale pulls you back. You hear her laughing hysterically behind you - she's coming closer...

Snow starts swirling all around you, obscuring your vision. You push against the wind as hard as you can, but you can't even see the door, much less reach it. Slowly, you lose feeling in your hands, then your legs. All you can see is white. You make one last effort to run, but your entire body is numb - you can't even tell if you're moving.

Finally, you collapse, and let yourself fade into unconsciousness...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 11 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes.

Happy Halloween!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom