• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

All-time top 5 video games

I really like platformers. Platformers are pretty much the definitive video games in my mind—manoeuvring your character through a level, past obstacles, toward a goal is what I think of when I think of video games.

Banjo-Tooie - Best ever. Huge and interesting cartoony world; lots of exploration to do; many of the jiggies are really fun (and challenging!) to get, though (as far as I can tell) getting to Grunty is still reasonably doable if you're not up for beating everything. The Breegull Blaster sections were hell, but I'm pretty sure they were the only parts I didn't enjoy much.

Super Mario Sunshine - Easily my favourite Mario game out of the ones I've played, which I think includes all the actual platforming ones except New Super Mario Bros (the original, DS one), Super Mario 64, and SM64 DS. Isle Delfino is varied yet still coherent, while the worlds in Super Mario Galaxy mostly feel like a bunch of haphazard glitz. The actual platforming and level design is also way more fun in Sunshine than in any other Mario game I've played. (And it doesn't take itself so damn seriously, even though I honestly think it could pull it off better than Galaxy.)

Tales of Symphonia - I'm not as into the Tales series as I used to be, but they're still fun, and Symphonia's probably my favourite overall. Abyss is better in the plot and gameplay departments, and Vesperia is better for prettiness and gameplay. They're all about equal as far as characters go: some interesting (Raine, Jade, Rita) and some boring ones (Regal, Natalia, Karol. Especially Regal. He's important for, like, three plot points, and other than that, he may as well not be in the party.)

Pikmin - I actually did enjoy Pikmin more than Pikmin 2. The dungeons in Pikmin 2 felt very quantity-over-quality; they were way too repetitive and easy, especially with most areas having usually-bland randomized layouts with one of a handful of backdrops, and then there wasn't all that much to do above-ground. Pikmin 1, on the other hand, was always interesting and fun, even though it was clunkier in places, and I can understand why people don't like the thirty-day limit.

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (Gateway to Glimmer elsewhere) - Another fun platformer for pretty much all the same reasons again. I haven't played much of 3; it might be better.

Also Final Fantasy IX and cat planet cat planet cat planet and the Ace Attorney series (AJ is my favourite so far) and Pokémon and... Oh, I'd also love to play some Rayman games. I've never tried any, but I've watched people play a couple, and they look awesome. EDIT: Also Psychonauts.

Last edited:
This is a hard ass choice ! :P

1. Midnight Club 2
2. Driver 2
3. Carmageddon
4. Midnight Club 3
5. Grand Theft Auto IV

(6. Burnout 3 Takedown!) :P

I just really love Driving games and have since 2000, I also like other genres tho. :3 I have also been much into The Sims and SimCity, and RS and WoW :)

Oh, I'd also love to play some Rayman games. I've never tried any, but I've watched people play a couple, and they look awesome.

Play the original if you can find it. Rayman 2 and 3 are pretty great as well but they still don't hold a candle to Rayman 1. (also don't play the Game Boy Advance version of Rayman 1, it ruined the music and the music is the bestest part)

And don't touch Rabbids with a bargepole.

There's no way I can pick five favorite games of all time... so I'll just list my five favorite games from different systems, in no particular order (which will sometimes be less than five, if I haven't actually played enough games for that system to say.) Also, I've been playing video games since the NES, which is probably longer than a lot of people here have been alive, so... I've probably forgotten at least a few games that would normally be on one of these lists.

NES: Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. 2, Zelda 2, Kirby's Adventure, Final Fantasy 3
SNES: Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 6, Kirby Super Star, Super Metroid
N64: Super Smash Bros., Paper Mario
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Gameboy: Wario Land series, Super Mario Land 2, Pokémon Gold/Silver, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Kirby's Dream Land 2
GBA: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mother 3, Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age
DS: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Super Mario 64 DS, Bleach: The 3rd Phantom
Arcade: Mortal Kombat 2, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Final Fight, a few others I can't remember the names of off the top of my head
Computer: Commander Keen series, various OHRRPGCE games (most recently Tim-Tim the Mighty Gnome, Do You Want To Be A Hero?, and Motrya)

Last edited:
I am going to copy you if you don't mind. I'm the same way.

NES: Super Mario Bros
SNES: Super Metroid
N64: Super Smash Bros
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wii: I hate Wii
Gameboy: Tetris, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
GBA: FireRed LeafGreen
DS: HeartGold SoulSilver
Playstation: Metal Gear Solid
Playstation 2: Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
XBOX: Halo, Morrowind
XBOX 360: Halo 3, Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls IV, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2
Playstation 3: Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots
Computer: Civ 5

1. Final Fantasy IX. I love everything about this game. Everything.
2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
3. Morrowind. (I think it's Eldar Scrolls III). It's huge and expansive. I also love the fact that I have the Morrowind editor. I just like building new things and then running around in them.
4. Age of Mythology. I just like it, okay? :(
5. Final Fantasy X. Asides from the grating voice acting, I did actually like this one a lot.

However it must be said, if I were allowed to put FFIX in every position, I would have done.

3. Morrowind. (I think it's Eldar Scrolls III). It's huge and expansive. I also love the fact that I have the Morrowind editor. I just like building new things

Potion that let's you jump across the planet? The one thing I didn't like about Morrowind was the walking/running graphics... your character looks like they are constantly walking around with either a load in their pants, or just got kicked in the balls.

Potion that let's you jump across the planet? The one thing I didn't like about Morrowind was the walking/running graphics... your character looks like they are constantly walking around with either a load in their pants, or just got kicked in the balls.

Oh, I just jumped everywhere. Character with 100 acrobatics and 100 strength travels much faster by jumping than by running! Also, I always played in 1st person. I found it made the combat more easy. Watching other people run is hilarious, though.

I wouldn't know what was in Oblivion, having never played it. I did however love the adamantium jinksword. Paralysis and poison on contact was always brilliant. It was extremely useful when killing ordinators. I found a dead one in some ruins somewhere and accidentally wore the Indoril Helmet in the middle of Vivec. Bad idea! Though they were also bad for assuming that I had killed an Ordinator and I have been kill-on-sight ever since!

...you think they would have worked out that the reason everything gets stolen and sold is my fault but nope. They blame me for wearing a helmet.

Back
Top Bottom