• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TruetoCheese vs. Stala

RespectTheBlade

rage against the dying of the light
TruetoCheese said:
A newb on the prowl for battles!

3v3 Single
DQ: 7 Days
Style: Set
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Damage Cap: 35%
Arena: Generic Arena Place Land

Very eager, impatient and very uncreative battlers had decided to carve out Generic Arena Place Land from the face of mother Earth.

The main battleground is a large, rectangular slab of rock slightly embedded into the ground, about four or five centimeters lower than the rest of the area (nothing a simple hop can't cross), and is covered in a slight layer of dirt. It is surrounded by long stretches of flattened grass that also overhang the lip formed by it being embedded; scratches of moss grow across the rock.

To the slab's left lies a pool springing out of the grass that can be used for water attacks or swimming of any kind, barring incredible quantities of submersion. This pool is surrounded by a somewhat distanced fence, blocks of white wood arranged in a crisscross pattern which etches across the landscape until it completely surrounds the pool and slab, albeit distanced as well. Beyond it lies more grass, and home. Crossing this fence is strictly forbidden, and impossible; as a mysterious psychic force will simply bounce the offender back into the battleground. Nobody is quite sure how they got here in the first place, or how they're going to get out.

---

I like how vbulletin's autocorrect tried to make my slanted commas from Word straight. Nitpicky little bugger xD

TruetoCheese's Active Squad:

Madeline [F] Skorupi <Battle Armor>

Prickles [M] Cacnea <Sand Veil>

No Brainer [F] Psyduck <Cloud Nine>

Bilberry [F] Poliwag <Water Absorb>

Stala's Active Squad:

Raidou [M] Oshawott <Torrent>

Sparow [F] Spearow <Keen Eye>

Solidus [M] Sandshrew <Sand Veil>

Sohcahtoa [F] Absol <Super Luck>

Coin toss says:
-Stala sends out
-TruetoCheese sends out and issues commands
-Stala issues commands
-I ref

Right, I'm sending out first, eh? Well, seeing as I'd feel a little bad using Sohcahtoa, that leaves me with one option that doesn't have a type disadvandage against any of TruetoCheeses pokemon. As such, I'm gonna start with Sparow!

Herm, alrighty then. I'm going with Bilberry!

poliwag

Start off by using Hypnosis until it works; once it has then Rain Dance. If she throws up a Substitute, changes the weather to something not rain or uses a stat boosting move or stat lowering move then Encore it the next action. Unless she used Agility, in which case just keep Hypnosising.

If she tried to Protect or stop your first Hypnosis in any way, then Double Team (5 clones).

Hypnosis/Double Team~Hypnosis/Rain Dance/Encore~Hypnosis/Rain Dance/Encore

Alright! First off, Sparow, you're a bit slower *glare* so I want you to use mirror move on the first hypnosis, let's see how she deals with that. Then I want you to use toxic, a little extra pain for that blue blob each round certainly wouldn't hurt. Follow that up with drill peck, someone needs to do direct damage at some point, may as well be us. However, if your mirror moved hypnosis works, I want you to use work up for the next two rounds. If at any point you are asleep, I want you to use snore.

Mirror Move/Snore~Toxic/Work Up/Snore~Drill Peck/Work Up/Snore

TruetoCheese vs. Stala

As is customary in Asber, every new trainer is recommended to start off battling almost immediately. If a trainer does not get accustomed to the constant and ever-frequent battling lifestyle of the region, then they are likely to lose more often. What better way to break the ice than have two new trainers test their pure skills in a simple arena? It is here that Blade, the ref, teleports in the two contestants via Kirlia. The arena consists of a large concrete slab with a small pool of water next to it. Rolling green hills and clear blue skies are visible beyond the white picket fence that surrounds the arena. A cool breeze blows, making the overall atmosphere quite charming. Blade decides it would be best to end the peace and begin the battle. After briefing the trainers on rules and procedures, he motions for them to release their Pokemon. Stala tosses a league-issue white and red Premier Ball onto the field, which bursts open to reveal a sparrow-like bird, aptly named Sparow. TruetoCheese then tosses a blue wave-patterned ball to let out his Poliwag, Bilberry. As the two Pokemon are releases, Blade lowers his flags and orders the battle to start, much to the relief of the anxious trainers.

Team Stala: {OOO}

spearow
Sparow [F]
<Keen Eye>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: Ready for her first fight.

Team TruetoCheese {OOO}

poliwag
Bilberry [F]
<Water Absorb>
Energy: 100%
Mood: Slightly nervous.

Round One, Begin!

Bilberry, surprisingly moving first, walks over to Sparow and directs the Spearow's attention to the circular mark on her belly, shaped like a spiral. Sparow looks at it, quizzically. At first, it's just a black spiral, but then she notices it slowly turning. <Huh... That's kinda serene... and peaceful in... in a way...>, Sparow thinks. As she stares, her eyelids begin to droop. In a few moments, Sparow lays spread-eagle (no pun intended) on the concrete, fast asleep. Bilberry squeals with joy, not believing her luck. However, the small tadpole is suddenly jarred by a loud snore. Looking at Sparow more closely, Bilberry approaches and is welcomed by an ear splitting snore, perhaps as loud as a passing jet plane and enough for Bilberry to fall to the ground in pain. Standing up and trying to blink white spots out of her eyes, Bilberry looks at Sparow and swears the little bird is smiling.

Bilberry tries to make the arena more her forte, and begins hopping around in a strange fashion while chanting a vaguely native-american-pokemon-like chant. Within a few seconds the sky darkens, and thunder rolls across the green hills. The sun is replaced with dark grey, and the first few drops of a major storm fall down to the ground, spattering the concrete. Within seconds, the downpour is in full tilt. Impressed with her work, Bilberry turns her attention to Sparow. Immediately she hears a sound like a Thunderbolt hitting behind her, enough to hurt her already fragile eardrums more. Bilberry jumps and cowers, only to realize that she was hit with another one of Sparow’s savage snores. Bilberry is very angry at this point, fuming mad and waiting eagerly to pound Sparow into submission.

Unfortunately, though, Bilberry’s trainer did not forsee Hypnosis working on the first action, and Bilberry begins dancing again. The storm increases even more, and the rain hits the concrete with a vigor. After finishing her chat and gleefully taking in all of the rain, Bilberry is once again jarred by a shotgun blast of a snore that feels as if it’s right in her ear. Cringing, Bilberry is almost relieved to see that Sparow is looking uncomfortable in he sleep and stirring slightly.

Round One, End!

spearow
Sparow [F]
<Keen Eye>
Energy: 91%
Mood: ZZZZZzzzzZZZZzz.

Team TruetoCheese {OOO}

poliwag
Bilberry [F]
<Water Absorb>
Health: 85%
Energy: 90%
Mood: <SHUT UP!!! D:> Desprately hoping to attack Sparow next round.​

Arena Notes
-It is raining and will continue to do so for 8 more actions.

Ref’s notes
-Sorry it was so late, personal problems got in the way. :/
-Hypnosis worked first go.
-Bilberry’s actions given caused her to use rain dance consecutively, as none of the other moves would’ve applied.
-Let’s see, shotgun blast, jet plane and lightning strike = how loud snore is.

Next Round
-Stala attacks
-TruetoCheese attacks
-I ref

Sweet dear Arceus, Sparow! How such a small bird can make such loud sounds I'll never know. But hey, it's working, and I'm not going to complain 'bout that that. So, uh, instructions. I'm honestly not sure just how long you'll be asleep for, so let's deal with that first shall we? As effective as snore there was I quite like my ear drums, so how about taking a risk with Sleep Talk whenever you are asleep this round? Oh, I do love randomness, hopefully it turns in our favour. If you wake up, I want you to use Aerial Ace as soon as possible! I know the weather's not the most conductive to flight for you, so focus on getting in close, right in front of Bilberry's face. Of course, if you think you can land the hit, go for it, just stay close. If for some bizzare reason you wake up on the first action, do the same on the second one as well. If you are right up in Bilberry's face on the third, use Scary Face, else use Work Up

In a less text heavy way...

Sleep Talk/Aerial Ace ~ Sleep Talk/Aerial Ace ~ Sleep Talk/Scary Face/Work Up

Stala: learn how to spell 'aerial' already jeez

I'm sure your eardrums have gone through hell and back by now, but patience, young one. Start off with a Belly Drum, cutting off 15% of your precious health but raising your attack quite a bit >:3

Then Waterfall twice.

If Sleep Talk somehow summons Sunny Day then just Encore her on the next action and replace the Waterfalls with Body Slams. If she wakes up then Encore Sleep Talk before she can make a move and continue as normal.

Belly Drum/Encore~Waterfall/Encore/Body Slam~Waterfall/Encore/Body Slam

TruetoCheese vs. Stala - Round 2

spearow
Sparow [F]
<Keen Eye>
Energy: 91%
Mood: ZZZZZzzzzZZZZzz.

Team TruetoCheese {OOO}

poliwag
Bilberry [F]
<Water Absorb>
Health: 85%
Energy: 90%
Mood: <SHUT UP!!! D:> Desprately hoping to attack Sparow next round.

Round Two, Begin!

Sighing with relief, Bilberry prepares to power herself up. Beating her stomach with her tail vigorously, almost too much so, Bilberry feels a coursing rage start to grow. As she continues, she fills to the brim with anger for some reason, and feels some sort of strange, new power flowing through her. She then stares viciously at the sleeping spearow, waiting for her to make a move. Strangely enough, Sparow actually does, despite her slumber. She stands up, still asleep, mumbles a bit, staggers, and falls down. As she does, she is surrounded by a pale white light. Looking closer, Bilberry has just enough time to gasp as a sharp barrage of stars with points like needles explode out of the aura surrounding Sparow. Enraged, Bilberry gives up her wait and begins to charge up an attack.

Bilberry pulls water from the pool next to her and has some spiral around her body. the water circles her in a spiral, slowly getting faster and faster. Then, when the water vortex reaches the breaking point, Bilberry charges at the sleeping bird with a full-body tackle, propelled along with the jet of water, roaring like a waterfall. The tackle hits the Spearow head on and knocks her back a good few feet, dousing her with water and waking her up. Sparow, soaking wet and completely sore, charges back at Bilberry with blinding speed. She flies through the air than should be possible, and strikes Bilberry with a talon as she sweeps past her. Bilberry, still raging, begins to draw water from the pool again.

As Sparow flies back and lands, she already sees Bilberry completely surrounded by a swirling vortex of water. Trying her best to avoid the attack, Sparow dodges erratically, but to no avail. Bilberry hits her dead on and sends her flying to the ground. Strangely, an orange shield surrounds her and softens the blow of the attack. It doesn't make her any less dazed or upset, though. Standing weakly, Sparow begins to chant motivational phrases to herself and starts a few pre-battle routines. By the time her little work out is finished, Sparow feels slightly more confident, but still pretty dazed after the attacks. Bilberry just continues to glare at her and await orders.

Round Two, End!

spearow
Sparow [F]
<Keen Eye>
Health: 65%
Energy: 80%
Mood: < Ahhh woah wait what the heck just happened... ouch. D: >

Team TruetoCheese {OOO}

poliwag
Bilberry [F]
<Water Absorb>
Health: 58%
Energy: 60%
Mood: Murder Mode: Activated​

Arena Notes
-It is raining and will continue to do so for 5 more actions.

Ref’s notes
- Sleep Talk rolled Swift.
- +6 atk, rain, 80 power water type move... That's a deadly combination. Not to mention the second Waterfall rolled a critical hit. Luckily for Stala, the damage was capped at 35. (It would have been over 50.)
- +6 atk drains a lot of energy.
- Sparow used Work Up because he was epeatedly knocked away by the Waterfalls and couldn't get in close enough to make eye contact and use Scary Face.

Next Round
-TruetoCheese attacks
-Stala attacks
-I ref

That went swimmingly, great work, Bilberry! Let's keep doing that and follow through by Encoring Sparow's Work Up from the last round, which should work out fine, if she Protects/Detects or Encore would not encore Work Up (if she tries to run/fly away, you're still faster and her feathers are wet anyway) then throw up a Substitute (10%). If she uses Quick Attack/Bide, throw up the Sub anyway.

Follow up with a Waterfall if Encore worked, push her to increase her stats further to catch up with your beautiful +6 Attack! If Encore didn't work then Hypnosis until it hits. If Hypnosis has hit, chill.

Encore/Substitute (10%)~Waterfall/Hypnosis~Hypnosis/chill

Right, no encore means no waterfall this turn, and that's something we want to avoid. So let's start with Quick Attack as Bilberry was... warned? I dunno something'd against. Rather than using it to attack her, however, try to get her out of you sight and yourself near the pool. Emphasis on getting that tadpole out of sight. Hypnosis relies on eye contact, so yeah. Of course, this means we can't attack directly, so what's a bird to do? Sunny Day, is what! If you aren't near the pool, however, use Uproar. Next up is why I wanted you near the pool. Use Heat Wave on it if near and Sunny Day if otherwise, try to evaporate some of that water! Sure, it probably make do much of a difference, but even a little less water in there for Bilberry to use would be great. Also, that's gonna be quite a bit of steam if you do get to use heatwave, which might be useful. This is the first round where Sunny Day hasn't been given a counter, so we want to make use of that otherwise.

And just to be on the safe side, Snore if you fall asleep.

Quick Attack ~ Sunny Day/Uproar/Snore ~ Heatwave/Sunny Day/Snore

Aaaah almost lost this because server was to busyyyy D:

2015 Zhorken edit: 1 exp and $4 all around, $2 to RTB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom