• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Black Moon Academy - School for the Gifted

Raisa nodded at her room mate. Her face was a grimace. That had hurt more than she was letting show. She just kept nodding. No tears, no tears, no tears! She repeated to herself over and over. She leaned heavily on the tree.

"Yeah," she managed to stumble out, rubbing her leg. She ignored the other student, the one who seemed to be running things. She wasn't in a particularly happy mood with any authority figure at the moment. Though she supposed she deserved it. Note to self, don't shock the faculty members. It hurts. She hopped her way over to Reneé. "Can we even go back to our room? Hell maybe I should hopscotch my way to the nurse if we are free to go. Get an ice pack or something."

"But still," she said with a wide grin. She flashed the statue. "I won, and I'm pretty sure Moriarty won't forget that show."

~Reneé

Reneé watched with the slightest of amusement as Raisa made her way to him. She clearly had a defiant nature about her, that was for certain.

"Well, given the time, we'll probably be having dinner once everyone's done. Hopefully that'll be soon..." Reneé replied, "As for hopping, I don't think that'd be necessary, after all, I can help you along. You know, your arm over my shoulder's and I help support your weight?"

Reneé had a rather sheepish expression, as he knew that what he said could have been misinterpreted.

"Heh, sadly I didn't get to see what you had done...but if you got the statuette from Moriarty, then I guess you didn't have to deal with a Hunter. I myself had to dive through Priscilla's mess there..."

"You sure? I can play a mean hopscotch." Raisa turned around, well, hopped around. She paused a moment at the smoke rising from the trees. "Yikes, so maybe electrocuting Moriarty isn't as bad as burning down the grounds, eh?"

It was then that she remembered Brighton, still buzzing about. "Brighton."

"Yes Miss Winters? How may I be of assitance? I noticed you seemed to be injured."

"No thanks to you," she muttered. "Come here," she ordered.

The blue orb floated to her, she held out her hand and the blue disappeared, replaced by a plain steel ball the size of a baseball. Raisa put it back in her bag with a sigh. "Be happy you weren't here, or he might have blamed you," Raisa told Reneé. "I sent Brighton into combat mode, trying to find the statues, but I guess my wording was off." She bit her lip. "Brighton... well it wasn't really Brighton, but it was SET, the program he was based off. SET - Security Enforcement Technology - took over and went straight for exactly what I descirbed... he ah... Tasered Moriarty and stole the statue."

"Yes I built my friendly VI over a combat drone. Not my best idea, but it saved me years of work. Call me lazy."

Ace reached toward the indention in the tree, then heard a scream. He flung his head backward, but the area behind him was empty. Relieved, he turned back to the tree and noticed the indention was gone. The sap was missing too-- had he been seeing things?

He reached out to the indention, and the tree seemed to ripple. He blinked hard and realized it was solid, that it hadn't really rippled. "What in the..."

He turned around, then left, slightly disturbed. I need to find a statuette, he thought to himself. Time's running out.

Then another sound caught his ear, and it perked a bit. ...Singing?

He turned about to face it, and then it ceased. More screams. Curious, Ace walked toward the sounds. Then they ceased again... and did not return.

An idea struck Ace. He snapped his fingers as the revelation came to him. He knew why the tree appeared to ripple, why it had tricked his eyes! He had been subconsciously creating illusions to himself, to fulfill his own wishes. He found himself doing that quite a bit, by accident, and sometimes it was hard to make reparations; at least he had caught himself, this time.

This wasn't his revelation, though. His revelation was to create a Praetorian, an illusory one, and present it to the headmaster. Then, as soon as he passed the test, he would vaporize it. It was foolproof! However, he had no idea what the Praetorians looked like... he ran toward a group of people and a particularly shocked and strangely familiar man roasting on the ground, and caught a glimpse of one. Before he could be caught, he conjured one, and the false Praetorian appeared clenched in his hand. Now, to find someone to present it to...

Back
Top Bottom