• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Battle Royale American Remake in the making.

dragonball, cowboy bebop, now this? :x

admittedly i never saw cowboy bebop, nor have i read or watched any incarnation of battle royale, but i do agree on the idea that americans get foreign stuff wrong most of the time.

TV shows, either. The fact they make US versions of British TV shows in the first place baffles me more than I can say. Things like The Office and The IT Crowd (the remake of which I don't think ever took off) are funny as they are and USians don't even have to learn a new language to enjoy them.
The UK, Aussieland and other English-speaking places don't remake Friends because the characters speak with funny accents and celebrate strange holidays like Thanksgiving, and the fact that most non-US media needs to be rehashed (and have all the sex and swearing taken out) with an all-star American cast before anyone looks at it twice makes me sad ):

TV shows, either. The fact they make US versions of British TV shows in the first place baffles me more than I can say. Things like The Office and The IT Crowd (the remake of which I don't think ever took off) are funny as they are and USians don't even have to learn a new language to enjoy them.
I have seen the British version of The Office and I can confirm that it pales in comparison to the American.

Why does America insist on killing great franchises? I'd rather Japan just made a remade, maybe a teeny bit less voilent.

The UK, Aussieland and other English-speaking places don't remake Friends because the characters speak with funny accents and celebrate strange holidays like Thanksgiving, and the fact that most non-US media needs to be rehashed (and have all the sex and swearing taken out) with an all-star American cast before anyone looks at it twice makes me sad ):

I would like to follow this up with what the hell did they do to Life on Mars?

Back
Top Bottom