• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Thing in one style affecting another

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
(to master CSS you need to sell your soul)

I'm not sure why this is happening, and if it's only my computer. I've checked in two browsers (Opera and IE7) and restarted my computer to no avail.
www.crittercryptics.com/news.shtml

Take a look at Togepi style (if you're not using IE6). When the mouse hovers over the links in the menu, the background turns purple. However, this doesn't make sense, as there is no purple in the stylesheet. In addition, it shows up in a block-like manner that needs display:block, which isn't in the stylesheet either. I tried changing the background color of the links to something different, but that clashing shade of purple still haunted me.

That purple is presumably from Shadow Style. This is not the first time that a style has randomly affected another. The links in Giygas style had the same purple thing as Shadow Style for some reason that I cannot understand. I can't remember how I fixed the problem, either. If somebody knows why a color that wasn't in the stylesheet is appearing, and how to fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Another style problem is that I can't for the life of me make a freaking horizontal menu. I can copy-paste CSS and HTML from a place and it still won't work.
www.crittercryptics.com/test2.htm
The idea at the moment, is to make it so that there is a horizontal bar over the content displaying only the main listings (Sitely, General, Pokemon, etc.) and not the dub-listings. I did this with display:none, but the menu refuses to become horizontal. I feel like I'm missing something really simple that will cause me to hit myself when it's figured out. I've tried display:inline and making the width 100%, and the actual box became wider, but the list remained vertical. I tried just display:inline, and the items were next to each other, but in a narrow menu that was still vertical. I even tried using float:left, to no avail. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me.

That would be because the shadow stylesheet is always active thanks to this line here:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.crittercryptics.com/Styles/shadow.css" />

It has no title attribute and is not an alternate stylesheet. How exactly did you expect it to know that you don't want this stylesheet active all the time?

The problem with the horizontal menu is probably that the links have display:block.

Back
Top Bottom