• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lacuna Labs: Memory Modification Services

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Lacuna Labs: Memory Modification Services

Deep in the heart of the underground city of Lacuna, the vast technological sector has been hard at work, pumping out strange devices to cater to the needs of their secluded society. After much fine-tuning and more than a few mishaps, however, the Lacunan scientists are at last ready to unveil a new service available to trainers throughout the region of Asber.

Using state-of-the-art technology, Lacuna Labs has developed a technique for downloading a pokémon's memories, modifying them, and even uploading them into a new host with ease. Want Arcanine to forget that humiliating defeat? Would you like to pump up your eevee's confidence with some memories of victory? All this and more is available for no more than the cost of your pokémon's recollections.

All services in this store are paid for in EXP. If a pokémon has EXP removed from it in order to pay for one of these services and subsequently has fewer experience points than it would need to evolve, it will revert back to an evolutionary stage appropriate for the amount of experience it has remaining.

Memory Extraction: For one reason or another, Lacuna Labs has found few volunteers willing to give up their memories in the name of science. It is imperative that new memories are obtained in order to further the lab's research and the development of new services. Therefore, for each EXP generously donated to the laboratory, the test subject will receive $10 in order to compensate them for their time and amnesia or any other mildly inconvenient side-effects that may occur as a result of having their memories sucked out of their skulls.

Price: Any number of EXP

Memory Concentration: It is an unfortunate paradox of training that it is most often the most powerful pokémon who get used the most, while they are the ones who need the battle experience the least. Fortunately, Lacuna Labs has unlocked the secret to transferring battle experience from one pokémon to another in the form of the fabled rare candy. Unfortunately, secondhand memories are never as effective as the real thing when it comes to learning new techniques and evolving, but combining several memories and concentrating them into the form of a small, delectable candy will have the desired. Any pokémon that eats the resulting rare candy will feel a sudden, dizzying rush as the memories contained within populate its skull, settling into the brain and providing it with genuine battle experience, even if it's never set foot in the ring before.

Price: 3 EXP per candy

Memory Modification

In conjunction with the expert trainers at the Lacuna City Gym, Lacuna Labs is pleased to offer the ability to equip pokémon with powerful new attacks and abilities without all the fuss of actually training for them. Memories extracted from one pokémon's mind are modified by a sophisticated computer program to resemble whatever experience is desired, then injected into a new host. It is possible to simulate years of traumatic childhood or diligent training with just one injection, although more spectacular effects require more material from the donor's mind to effect.

Memory modification use the experiences of one pokémon to equip another pokémon with a signature move or body mod, designed by the trainers of Lacuna City Gym. In addition to specifying which of the two you want, you may also define some properties of the modification in question, including type, general effects, or theme. However, while if you request a basic mod and nothing else you will be guaranteed a result in that price range, if you put many specifications on the desired mod, it may be impossible to offer it to you at the requested price. A Lacuna Labs staff member would be happy to aid you in arranging a modification that is to your liking and of an appropriate level of power for your price.

In general, basic mods have few, if any effects outside of what would be seen for an ordinary pokémon attack. Advanced mods produce more powerful and varied effects, while extreme mods are very powerful and exotic.

Price: 1 EXP for a basic mod, 2 EXP for an advanced mod, 3 EXP for an extreme mod

Memory extraction is a short and completely painless process, although pokémon with aversions to electrodes, needles, probes, or bonesaws should probably be sedated before being brought in for treatment. Side effects include amnesia, dizziness, irritability, irrational rage, and dry mouth. Not recommended for pokémon with unwarranted fondness for the contents of their brain.

Memories on tap: X X X XX XX XX X XX X X

Last edited:
Whoah, totally didn't notice that you haven't claimed your rare candy yet (I think?). You don't need to wait for my approval--so long as you've got the link to the EXP you're using, you can just post here to purchase and then add the candy to your inventory.

What happens if we have a Pokémon that has been rescued from the old forum that was evolved when it was brought over, and any experience it has now is less than sufficient for it to be considered "evolved"? If I take EXP off of those Pokémon, will they revert to their previous stages of evolution as well?

I figured that would be the case. All right, then. I'm taking 3 exp off of Don Quixote and condensing them into a rare candy.

Quick question: I would like to donate 1 EXP to the labs. However, the Pokemon I had in mine, namely Pera has had two EXP so far, getting both in said linked battle.

Is it possible to just use one EXP fom there and edit my profile giving a link to here, proving that one EXP from that was used in here and the other still, well belongs to Pera, or do I have to use both?

i doubt that made any sense but hey if both 20 bucks

Quick question: I would like to donate 1 EXP to the labs. However, the Pokemon I had in mine, namely Pera has had two EXP so far, getting both in said linked battle.

Is it possible to just use one EXP fom there and edit my profile giving a link to here, proving that one EXP from that was used in here and the other still, well belongs to Pera, or do I have to use both?

i doubt that made any sense but hey if both 20 bucks
It's fine to use just one.

Next time, please link to the post where the EXP you're giving up is actually awarded instead of a round of battle (unless they're one and the same).

Taking 1 exp each from Yakuza, Zef Barra and Adonis and condensing them into a rare candy.

Also, how much exp are you allowed to remove from a Pokémon that evolves via "happiness" before it is considered insufficient to remain evolved? If my Lucario has four, could I take off one, two, three, all or none?

Back
Top Bottom