• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pikachu Pokerus?

Does Ash's Pikachu have Pokerus?

• Total voters

Mewtwo

Mage of Blood
Pronoun
she
Do you think Ash's Pikachu has Pokerus?I mean,it's obvious,I remember in the first episode I watched,Team Rocket said something about its power exceeding it's level....The question is:do YOU think Pikachu has Pokerus?

In the first episode, Pikachu had a boost from Misty's bike.

Also, Pikachu seems to waver in its strength. At one point, it can take down Brock's Onix, but it can't beat Paul's Elekid? O.o I think it's got some disease, but not Pokerus.

It changes whenever it's needed, for the show assumes that once Ash gets a team reboot, there's a new set of little kids to show it to.

In Jhoto, all pokémon start at level 100. In Hoenn, 200. In Sinnoh, 300. Pikachu has trouble catching up.

In Jhoto, all pokémon start at level 100. In Hoenn, 200. In Sinnoh, 300. Pikachu has trouble catching up.

Is that sarcasm or stupidity? I can't tell.

I guess it's just to show some actual conflict with Trainers. It couldn't take down Roark's Cranidos. If it were reality, it would be like:

Roark: Go, Cranidos!
Ash: Pikachu, use Random Weak Attack!
Pikachu: *headbutts Cranidos*
Cranidos: *faints*

Honestly, Pikachu should be level 100 by now.

There aren't any levels in the anime! D:<

But seriously, it's the writers being incoherent.

I'm gonna call Pikachu a he, alright.

Pikachu doesn't have Pokerus. He has Marysueus. He goes Mary-Sue, then he loses once, then Ash sends out another Pokemon, which caught the Marysueus. They win, then Pikachu gains the Marysueus again, and it continues in that cycle, and if Ash doesn't win a battle, all of his Pokemon are devoid of the Marysueus, but they catch it again soon. A logical explanation from a 10 year old girl. ;P

Pikachu loses its power when Ash goes up against the Pokemon League. and at the same time, pokemon he keeps at Oak's lab and never train become vital pinch-hitters.

i always thought of it as the equivalent of the game's PCs. when ash needs to alter his team, he trades off his pokemon with Oak over a computer.

Yes, it does. Professor Oak said something about Ash's pikachu being abnormal before he gave him the pikachu. And it's pretty obvious that it's overpowered. No pikachu is that strong. None.

Professor Oak said something about Ash's pikachu being abnormal before he gave him the pikachu.

He meant it had bad behaviour, not uber power. -_-

Back
Top Bottom