• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blazieaura Vs Eonrider

My turn now... Fire Fist, that rain is ruining your duplicate fun, isn't it? Well, make it sunny again. Moar duplicates get! Make three of 'em. Lastly, Kill It With Fire! Oh, and don't listen to anything Po says, he's just trying to rile you up.

Sunny Day~Double Team (3 clones)~Overheat

The referee seems to be a ditto or something, because the santa-abra-aerodactyl suddenly disappeared in a puff of inactivity and materialized what felt like a few weeks later as a linoone wearing a red beret and holding an umbrella. The linoone extracted a pair of battle-worn referee flags from its beret and sent a death glare to the trainers. "Whoever thinks that I resemble the previous referee in any way can go die in a pit of fire," it said. Then, a smile quickly returned to its face as the referee waved its flags. "Now then, rookies, let's get this round started~"

Eonrider (Oooo)

torchic
[Fire Fist] Torchic (M)
Health: 59%
Energy: 43%
+2 Attack, Focus Energy

BlazieAura (Oooo)

aron
[Po] Aron (M) <Rock Head>
Health: 57%
Energy: 35%
Burned (2% per Round), -1 Defense, Focus Energy

Round 5

Pffft. Fire Fist (he sometimes wonders about that name -- it's not like he has any fists...) spat out a beakful of disgusting rain water. The rain jabbed the small cuts all over his body like sharp needles, and the moving rock was smirking -- smirking! -- at him. Honestly. The fire chick focused, his body heating up from energy until he was glowing a deep red, then Fire Fist roared (or squeaked, more accurately). A column of fire energy shot out of him and into the sky, incinerating any rain cloud that got in its way. The whole arena seemed to heat up, and the rain stopped. Golden rays of sunlight sliced through the thick clouds. At first, they were an welcoming sight (the referee put away its umbrella), but soon, as the light and heat intensified, everyone besides Fire First was wishing for the rain to come back despite the prettiness of the bright blue sky.

Po cringed as the intense rays beat into his back, stinging his burn wound. Stupid chicken. He's so much better than a stupid chicken! Yes, of course he is! The little aron puffed out his chest and smirked at Fire First. Look at me! I'm so awesome! Unlike a certain little bird! Hail me! Praise me! On your knees!

The Swagger worked. Fire Fist, try as he might, could not ignore the aron's annoying voice. Gnashing his beak together, the torchic felt a sudden desire to rip the aron apart. Screw clones! Fire Fist rushed at the aron, sprouting insults on the way. In his heated rage, Fire Fist did not notice that little bit of sand on the ground and slipped, falling heavily on his chest with a surprised squeak. Po crackled the settled down to Chill, and that only angered Fire First more. How dare the stupid, pathetic, idiotic excuse of a foolishly foolish fool rest while he had to battle?! Fire Fist picked himself up, pointing one wing at the aron and chirping with anger.

It was all kind of cute, actually.

Po curled up in a comfortable position and sighed contently. His burn was throbbing in the heat, and the torchic was awfully noisy, but, otherwise, everything's going rather well. Fire Fist huffed indigently and charged at the aron again, all commands forgotten for the time being. As luck would have it, the torchic slipped on the exact same patch of sand again and fell on his face, getting a beakful of dust. Po could not help letting out a giggle, and Fire Fist squawked angrily in return.

Eonrider (Oooo)

torchic
[Fire Fist] Torchic (M)
Health: 51%
Energy: 34%
+4 Attack, Confused (severe)

BlazieAura (Oooo)

aron
Health: 54%
Energy: 57%
Burned (3% per Round), -1 Defense

Terrain Notes:
It is sunny for 9 more actions.

Referee's notes:
- Po's Burn returned to normal damage (3%) because of the intense sunlight
- Swagger hit, so no Double Teams for Fire First (but he does get an attack boost)
- Fire Fist hurt himself on the second action
- Fire Fist hurt himself on the third action, too. Ouch.
- I would suggest offering something to the RNG gods for that
- Apologies in advance for any mistakes
- Eonrider orders first next

*Offers the RNG Gods Po's head*

And he's called Fire Fist because I plan my nicknames in advance. It's for when he's a Blaziken. Anywho, let's get this battle on. Fire Fist. Calm down. Feel the sun on your face. Just Chill for a bit. Next, if the Aron uses a Ground-Type move, mirror it. Otherwise, Flamethrower. Lastly, I want you to trap it in a tornado of raging fire!

Chill~Mirror Move/Flamethrower~Fire Spin

Coolio, Crazy Linoone's here.

*bribes with roasted Torchic drumstick*

He won't be feeling the sun on his face, because we'll be using Rain Dance now. Death to the sun and all that. Follow up by Digging deep into the ground; Fire Fist should copy you and be unable to hit you on the last action. Finish by creating an Earthquake, but if you think it will collapse your hole and damage you just sit in your hole and make a little Substitute (10%) to ensure your safety.

Rain Dance~Dig (Down)~Earthquake/Substitute (10%)

The referee had planted its umbrella into the sandy field and was sitting on a beach towel and drinking lemonade while it watched, amused, as the trainers attempted to make some offerings to the RNG gods. Eonrider attempted to offer the aron's head, while Blazie had a more feasible present: roasted torchic drumsticks. The RNG gods didn't seem to notice though, as they gave no reply. The referee just gave an impassive wave. "Round start," it muttered.

Eonrider (Oooo)
torchic
[Fire Fist] Torchic (M)
Health: 51%
Energy: 34%
+4 Attack, Confused (severe)

BlazieAura (Oooo)
aron
Health: 54%
Energy: 57%

Round 6

Fire Fist growled (or squeaked, really) and tried to calm down. The blood rushing to his head blurred his vision, and that stupid, stupid... creature was still smirking at him. The torchic humphed, annoyed, and settled down for a chill -- or tried to, actually, because he slipped on the same patch of sand again and fell on his face. Fire Fist decided to just give up trying to crawl back up, since the world was still spinning. The warm sun did feel rather nice though...

Po, like his trainer, was melting in the horrible heat, and his burn wound throbbed painfully. Calling up the energy of water, Po began doing an ancient dance, stepping left and right while chanting something ominous under breath. A dark blue aura cloaked him, and the air began to cool down. Clouds started rolling in, at first an innocent white, but as Po's dance continued, they started gaining a darker hue. Soon, the thick rain clouds covered the whole sky as Po danced faster and faster. Thunder cracked overhead, and, suddenly, the first drop of rain fell. It was followed by a torrent of rain, and everyone on the battlefield minus the referee suddenly found themselves soaked.

The cold rain snapped Fire Fist out of his wanderings and he looked up, trying to remember his trainer's next command. What was it? Right. Mirror Move ground-typed moves... The torchic peered through the rain, trying to make out the small silvery form of his opponent. Po was busy digging a hole in the arena and had already made pretty good progress, if the growing pile of dirt was anything to go by. Digging a hole in the ground seems like a ground-type move, Fire Fist decided and started digging, too. Fire Fist was definitely less apt at digging than the aron was, but he soon made deep tunnel not unlike the one Po had made.

The tunnel, while dark and moist and generally uncomfortable, offered Fire Fist a refuge from the rain, and the little fire chicken sighed. Good thing the arena dirt is quite absorbent, otherwise he would have drowned by now. However, it was impossible to hit the aron in this darkness, especially since there's also a few feet of dirt in the way. Annoyed at not getting a chance of burning his opponent to a crisp, Fire Fist opened his beak and spat out a swirling circle of flame at the dirt wall. The Fire Spin hit the wall and exploded in a small burst of flames, successfully drying the tunnel and doing nothing else of value.

Po, on the other hand, settled down in his moist tunnel and peered around. He was pretty deep underground, and, as much as he would like to use an awesome Earthquake and bury the chicken, he didn't want to bury himself as well. Kicking up a small pile of dirt, the aron prodded it and shaped it until it looked just like him, albeit brown. Satisfied by his creation, Po sent a bit of his life energy into his Substitute and grinned as the pile of aron-shaped dirt jumped to life.

Eonrider (Oooo)
torchic
[Fire Fist] Torchic (M)
Health: 47%
Energy: 25%
+4 Attack, Confused (mild)

BlazieAura (Oooo)
aron
Health: 41%
Energy: 45%

Substitute (10%)

Terrain Notes:
It is raining for 10 more actions. There are two unconnected tunnels about five feet deep each.

Notes:
- Fire Fist was confused on the first action.
- The rain cleared Fire Fist's head and lowered his confusion
- In case anyone cares, the RNG gods determine the number of actions the weather persists
- Po used Substitute on his last action
- Blazie is ordering first next round

Yes, my plan was successful! *insert evil laugh* Well, first we should get out of the hole, but stay close to it when you're out. Then, if the Torchic is out of his hole, use Toxic on him. If he's still under use Earthquake. Repeat, but if he's already poisoned switch to Earthquake, and if Fire First tries to pull a ground-type move, use Metal Burst.

Get out of hole~Toxic/Earthquake~Toxic/Earthquake/Metal Burst

Kay, struggling a bit here....

Got it. Fire Fist, get out of the hole, but don't fill it back in. We may need it later. Then, seeing as the Aron is going to use Toxic, make a Sub(stitute) and avoid it. Try to make it as small as you can go. Then, from behind the Sub, Chill for a bit.

Get out of hole~Substitute(smallest possible)~Chill

Barely a round later, the trainers were already desperately hoping for sun, or at least for the rain to stop. Rain poured from the sky, soaking everything in its path. And, for once, the referee seemed to be dry -- it seemed like it had finally learned the importance of umbrellas during ASB reffings, and now it was snickering quietly under the only dry spot on the arena. One of the trainers glared at it, and the referee coughed then waved a flag. "Round start," it said.

Eonrider (Oooo)
torchic
[Fire Fist] Torchic (M)
Health: 47%
Energy: 25%
+4 Attack, Confused (mild)

BlazieAura (Oooo)
aron
Health: 41%
Energy: 45%

Substitute (10%)

The pattering sound of the rain was disturbing, at least. Now that Fire Fists' head was clearing, he didn't really want to rip the aron apart (as much) anymore. He would rather stay dry. But orders are orders, and he could hear his trainer's distinct voice through the rain telling him to get out of the hole. With a mad scramble of wings and beak, the torchic managed to crawl out of his hole. The heavy rain quickly soaked his feathers thoroughly, and Fire Fist now resembles his trainer in wetness. The torchic shook his body, trying to dry himself just a little, but it was no use -- the pouring rain just made his efforts futile. A little while later, Po scrambled out of his hole as well, sending out a spray of dirt. Fire Fist blinked. Maybe his confusion was coming back, but there seems to be two dirt-covered arons milling about. He thought this was a single battle! Why is everyone gaining up on him?!

Fine. If that's the way he wants to play. Annoyed, Fire Fist gave what he though was a menacing growl (it was more of a squeak) and kicked up a pile of dirt. He pecked the pile rather harshly, his patience (or what had been left of it) eroded by the rain. A burst of life energy flew into the pile, and it stood up on two shaky legs and formed itself into a vague torchic shape. Fire Fist took a second to admire his work. It looked rather like him, if he say so himself... The torchic, however, was startled out of his fantasy when a nasty purple glop flew through the air and landed next to him. The purple goo sizzled evilly in the rain, and Fire Fist could swear that it was glaring at him.

Meanwhile, Po cursed. His awesome sneak attack made with the utmost ninja skills had only missed because his burn was starting to hurt again. Stupid chicken. The aron huffed and tried to create another poisonous concoction inside his body while the torchics scooted away from the poisonous pool of goo and settled down for a Chill. The rain had plastered the torchic's feathers to his body, making Po's target smaller. The aron peered through the rain -- now that the birdie's not moving, his awesome purple attack of awesome will definitely hit. Of course. Po opened his mouth and spat out another blob of purple toxins at the torchic and watched, satisfied, as the blob hit its mark.

Little did Po know that his aim had been wrong again -- what he had hit was merely Fire Fist's Substitute.

Eonrider (Oooo)
torchic
[Fire Fist] Torchic (M)
Health: 37%
Energy: 33%
+4 Attack

Substitute (10%)

BlazieAura (Oooo)
aron
Health: 38%
Energy: 36%

Substitute (10%)

Terrain Notes:
It is raining for 7 more actions. There are two unconnected tunnels about five feet deep each on the arena. There is one pool of poisonous goo next to Fire Fist's tunnel opening.

Notes:
- Fire Fist snapped out of his confusion on the first action. Thank the RNG gods.
- The first Toxic missed.
- Eonrider orders first next

Hm, okay. Fire Fist, while you're safe from behind that sub, chill. Then, I want you to Reversal or Rock Smash, whichever does more damage. And uh, if your substitute is broken on the third action and Po is using a supereffective move, Protect. Otherwise, Reversal/Rock Smash again.

Chill~Reversal/Rock Smash~Reversal/Rock Smash/Protect

Well. Why is it that the round after I make a sub I totally forget it exists? =/ Well, we know it's there now. Use Earthquake; it should be enough to break the sub. Then use it once more for some actual damage. Finally, if your sub is still up, take a much-needed Chill. If it was broken, set up a Metal Burst as punishment.

Earthquake~Earthquake~Chill/Metal Burst

Ending in a DQ as per request.

Fire Fist and Po each get one EXP. I believe both parties would get $8 for having one Pokémon each used against them, but as a draw, prizes are halved, so that’s $4 each. And I would get $5, but I guess half of that rounds to $2. So, uh… there you go, guys.

Back
Top Bottom