• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2019 Mafia Championships

Who should go to the Mafia Championships?

• Eifie

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Keldeo

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keldeo just won as wolf in wildcard game 2!

they also lost me a bet but let’s not talk about that

Mega congrats to Keldeo on a well deserved advancement! You played phenomenally and I look forward to cheering you on in the finals!!!

Finals is gonna be really hype! - it's not too late to join MU spec chat if you wanna follow along with other spectators once the game starts! You can join here and then ask a mod (Ara if you don't know who to pick) for spec chat channel permissions in the welcome channel.

GLGL to Keldeo in Finals!!!

For a recap of the wildcard game, I was mafia and the night 2 vigilante. One of the mafia was lynched day 1, but we didn't lose anyone else and ended up winning on day 5. As of right now, both of my living mafia partners will also be playing in the next round. I really enjoyed the flavor text, themed after the game Celeste, so even if you don't want to read the game I'd recommend checking it out!

The finals game has been scheduled to start on September 30, and I'll edit in the link to the thread once it's been posted.

alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png
alUgkUJ.png

The rand for finale is happening...at some point soon!

Get hype!

The finale game ended a few hours ago. This time, I was town and the night 2/night 4 roleblocker. I was suspected a lot starting near the end of day 1, was almost lynched on day 2, roleblocked a townie to no effect on night 2, and eventually got lynched on day 3. The next night, a vigilante shot a mafia, but no other mafia died and the mafia won after day 5.

I had less time to play this game than the other two, since classes are starting up for me again, so it was definitely intense and at times stressful. I don't know if I'm happy about how I played, but I'm happy that I played - overall, it was a fun series, and I met some cool people and learned about some interesting ways to think about mafia in my games and in the spectator chat.

Since I played in the finale, I'll be part of the "jury" that selects people for the wildcard games next year and can't play in next year's championships. If anyone else is considering going, I'd say it's a huge time commitment and much different environment compared to games here, but it is an enjoyable experience if you want to try out an unfamiliar type of mafia and you have the time to spare.

In the end, I hope I represented TCoD well, and I hope everyone spectating from here had fun! :D

Congrats on getting as far as you did, Keldeo! All three of your games were fun to watch (albeit exhausting), especially WC2--you and your team definitely had me fooled, haha. Masterfully done!

Aww, thanks, Kratos! I definitely had the most fun in WC2, so it means a lot to me that you thought it was fun to watch. Spiny Creature sent us pictures of her very cute dog in the mafia chat, it was great.

I was one of the last people to vote for the season champion, so the result of that should be revealed pretty soon, and that'll be the end of the season.

Update: The results were announced, and Beck, one of my mafia buddies from WC2, is the champion!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom