• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Interest check] MU Invitational 2?

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
Hi everyone!

I think the last MU invitational was pretty successful, everyone seemed to have some amount of fun and we had Chemist and Panini (and sort of Manti) join us on TCoDf, so I was wondering how many people would be into trying another one sometime? I would host myself this time (so the game would probably be less stressful and intense than last time without me in it, heheh... ^^;), probably a closed setup using roles that can be automated (there's a pretty big list of roles).

I know a couple people I could maybe ask to join (they are very very nice and fun etc.), so it could be a fun chance to play a game using MU's automated bot stuff with a couple of new faces but mostly just TCoDf people! If you prefer, we can also make it just us.

I'm thinking sometime in early January to start, because I doubt people wanna play during the winter holidays? idk.

Post if you're interested, and what kind of time frame you'd prefer! I'm not sure we'll actually have enough people; I would really prefer at least 9 but don't really expect that many. We'll see!

Last edited:
I'd be down for something like this! :D

After the holidays would be best for me.

We could do some kind of post restriction (looking at the post numbers from last time, maybe somewhere from 25-40? or less?) or longer phases if people are worried about activity levels / intensity?

Last edited:
I remember at least one person getting antsy at the length of the night phases in 72/48, so idk if longer phases are the way to go. If you have a preference either way please say so!

YES YES

don't care much about the timeframe personally. after holidays might be best i guess. i prefer the shorter phases myself and for whatever it's worth i'm not super bothered by the activity levels/intensity.

As an alternative if we can't get enough people, I can host a regular light game on MU and you could all sign up for it. A light game means that there's a post restriction where each player can only post 50 times in a day phase. The restriction is lifted 1 hour before end of day so after that you can post as much as you want until the lynch. In this case you'd be playing with random MU people so there might be some more significant culture clash with people playing more aggressively than we're used to etc., but maybe the light part would help mitigate it.

I don't think I could get a closed small setup approved for the general MU audience so maybe I'd do something like this forest fire 9er setup that's been run a few times.

Sounds great I'd definitely love to play again with everyone!!

(I'm kind of taking a backseat with my activity for the winter holidays but I'm generally free!)

Hi everyone! Meet Boquise, the sucker who's going to get lynched d1 if he's town. :D He will probably post here if he ever receives his confirmation email.

That makes 6 so far! I would really really like 9 so we can have a game that doesn't potentially end after d2. I think the firefighter setup I linked earlier could be really fun, since it basically means everyone gets to live for a lot longer than normal (unless they're mafia).

tl;dr of that setup: 6 town treestumps, 1 firefighter, two mafia.
- The mafia have a factional arson instead of a kill: each night they can either prime a target, or ignite all the targets they have primed on previous nights.
- The firefighter can save someone from being primed the night they target them only (i.e. if the person was previously primed, firefighting them does nothing).
- Treestumps can continue to post in the thread after being lynched, but cannot vote.
- If a treestump is ignited, they can no longer post in the thread.

I think it'd be fun because the d1 lynch can keep playing (unless they're mafia), and people don't regularly die at night! Let me know what you think!

giphy.gif

I will take the silence to mean everyone is cool with the Forest Fire setup :D

We're currently at 6/9, so if we don't get any more I'll have to try to pad the last 3 slots with MU people. Off the top of my head I can think of one person I could ask, so I'll look around a bit... but it would be nice to get one more tcodf player in here!

I have decided that I'm going to go all-out with writing flavour for this game (i.e. writing paragraphs for each day and night end), and it will feature many very fluffy (and flammable!!! [screaming emoji]) Wooloos. Get hyped!

Current test subjects:
Keldeo
qva
Butterfree
Chemist
Panini
RNP
Boquise

I have one other MU player in mind that I can ask to bring us up to 8. I guess I'll go digging around for another so we can get this going!

I have obtained another player: Mill Crab, who I played with, and lost to, in my first game on MU! I think you'll enjoy his playstyle: I'd describe it as level-headed, patient, and logical.

And here is a sneak peek of what you can expect from the flavour, courtesy of Keldeo:
unknown.png

Introducing the mafia: Mareep infiltrating the Wooloo herd!!!

And I have a ninth!!! It's Logic!

Gonna make a sign-up thread on MU for everyone to pop in and introduce themselves and decide on the final logistics. I'll ping everyone on Telegram/Discord when it's up.

Back
Top Bottom