• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Format: 3 on 3 Singles
Style: Switch
DQ:2 weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves:OHKO, Direct healing
Arena Description:Pearl's Cloud Arena
This arena is placed in the clouds and is the smallest gem location known. It seems to have been part of the main structure before, with only a few columns missing. A few gem statues are seen still in contact, along with gem writing on the sides.The clouds can be used to sit on, and they float (as Amethyst is seen doing).The clouds can also be eaten, again shown by Amethyst. In this, it also shows that they are very buoyant.Finally, they can open to reveal water supplies, and be entered/digged on to hide/use dig.(Image: http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/File:Steven_the_Swordfighter_Cloud_Temple_Background.jpg)
Additional Rules: Gem Statues can be Thrown for a 40 power typeless damage(Once per trainer per battle), the clouds can be used to sit on, be thrown(for 20 power typeless damage, twice per pokémon per battle) , eaten to gain the ability Levitate(For 5 Rounds, once per pokémon per battle,it also maks the Pokémon look very fat(If it has Skin) and (Flaccid ), or Ridden to gain 20 more Speed(For 8 Turns)
This is my first battle and im very excited!

Last edited:
Format: 3 on 3 Singles
DQ:2 weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves:OHKO, Direct healing
Arena Description:Pearl's Cloud Arena
This arena is placed in the clouds and is the smallest gem location known. It seems to have been part of the main structure before, with only a few columns missing. A few gem statues are seen still in contact, along with gem writing on the sides.The clouds can be used to sit on, and they float (as Amethyst is seen doing).The clouds can also be eaten, again shown by Amethyst. In this, it also shows that they are very buoyant.Finally, they can open to reveal water supplies, and be entered/digged on to hide/use dig.(Image: http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/File:Steven_the_Swordfighter_Cloud_Temple_Background.jpg)
Additional Rules: Gem Statues can be Thrown for a 40 power typeless damage(Once per trainer per battle), the clouds can be used to sit on, be thrown(for 20 power typeless damage, twice per pokémon per battle) , eaten to gain the ability Levitate(For 5 Rounds, once per pokémon per battle,it also maks the Pokémon look very fat(If it has Skin) and (Flaccid ), or Ridden to gain 20 more Speed(For 8 Turns)
This is my first battle and im very excited!
i'll take you up on this, if that's okay!

Challenge me! (My post from June that Cynder challenged me with still has no ref, so I'd like to scrap it if at all possible!)

Format: 3v3 single
DQ: one month
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves
Arena Description: Inside an Egyptian pyramid, but blocks can be moved from the inside so the battle could take place outside.
Additional Rules:

I'll take this as my first battle!

For my first challenge I think I'll reuse the challenge from the original post, if that's okay!

Format: 4 vs 4, single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Description: Tiny Island
This small island is only the size of a tennis court, covered in soft white sand and dotted with a few coconut trees. The island is surrounded by a cool, blue ocean. Buoys are marked around the island 100m from the shore, and mark the arena's boundary. It's a clear, warm day, and Sunny Day is in effect.
Additional Rules: Coconuts can be thrown at an opponent for 2% typeless damage, but they first need to be acquired by either spending an action shaking or climbing to the top of a tree.

For my first challenge I think I'll reuse the challenge from the original post, if that's okay!

Format: 4 vs 4, single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Description: Tiny Island
This small island is only the size of a tennis court, covered in soft white sand and dotted with a few coconut trees. The island is surrounded by a cool, blue ocean. Buoys are marked around the island 100m from the shore, and mark the arena's boundary. It's a clear, warm day, and Sunny Day is in effect.
Additional Rules: Coconuts can be thrown at an opponent for 2% typeless damage, but they first need to be acquired by either spending an action shaking or climbing to the top of a tree.
Sure, I'll battle you!

First Battle!!

The Fairy Garden
Format: 2v2 Single
DQ: One Week
Banned/Restricted Moves:
Arena Description: As seen in the picture below, the fairy garden is a circular clearing in a large coniferous forest. It is night time. The pink flowers glow in the twilight and fireflies flit around the stadium. In the very centre of the garden is a Poké Ball shape.
1c4230f744c7af8fb5552cfeebee747f.png
Additional Rules: Basic or Baby Pokémon that can still evolve please!

First Battle!!

The Fairy Garden
Format: 2v2 Single
DQ: One Week
Banned/Restricted Moves:
Arena Description: As seen in the picture below, the fairy garden is a circular clearing in a large coniferous forest. It is night time. The pink flowers glow in the twilight and fireflies flit around the stadium. In the very centre of the garden is a Poké Ball shape.
1c4230f744c7af8fb5552cfeebee747f.png
Additional Rules: Basic or Baby Pokémon that can still evolve please!

I'll fight you.

Format: 1v1
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Regulation-size Pokémon battle arena, as per the anime.

This battle takes place in a normal-looking arena, save for a single large screen opposite the audience's seats. Each round, this screen displays a random letter from A-Z. Over the course of the battle, Pokémon are only allowed to use moves or take actions that begin with the displayed letter.

For instance, if the displayed letter was "G", Pikachu could Go up to its opponent, Growl at them, and then use Grass Knot. In addition to the moves allowed by the presently-displayed letter, any Pokémon can use Struggle on any round, no matter which letter is displayed.

This battle takes place in a normal-looking arena, save for a single large screen opposite the audience's seats. Each round, this screen displays a random letter from A-Z. Over the course of the battle, Pokémon are only allowed to use moves or take actions that begin with the displayed letter.

For instance, if the displayed letter was "G", Pikachu could Go up to its opponent, Growl at them, and then use Grass Knot. In addition to the moves allowed by the presently-displayed letter, any Pokémon can use Struggle on any round, no matter which letter is displayed.

I might regret this, but I'll ref this battle if there is someone willing to challenge Gzhoom!

I'll ref this! (Thread will be up when I'm back from the supermarket)

Format: 4 vs 4 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 33.33%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, 10 Chills, Direct Recoveries
Arena Description: (Taken from Altered Origin)
The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath even the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone—none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed—the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many of its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?
Additional Rules: Pokémon can't be fully evolved.
Hope I'm doing this right...

Challenge me! (My post from June that Cynder challenged me with still has no ref, so I'd like to scrap it if at all possible!)

Format: 3v3 single
DQ: one month
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves
Arena Description: Inside an Egyptian pyramid, but blocks can be moved from the inside so the battle could take place outside.
Additional Rules:

I would like to accept this challenge if I can.

Back
Top Bottom