• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Pokemon Platinum Sprites

Oh yes, I detest Roselias new sprite. D:

But the new Cranidos is adorable :3
and the new Grotle looks pretty cool too. And Vaporeon. Leafeons pretty cute too.

I have to agree; they really messed up soem Platinum sprite, and a lot of their Frame 1 sprites are the same as DP's Frame 2 sprites. They just switched them on a lot of Pokemon. And I feel like I'll have nightmares about Roselia's eyes. O_o
But they did do great with some sprites:
487origin.png
479grass.png
446m.png
409m.png

All in all, the other aesthetic changes in the game make up for the bad sprites.

Quagsire's animation bothers me even more than its sprite; it kind of shrinks and gets bigger. I mean, there might be other animations that do this (can't think of any), but wtf? That's like an Emerald-quality animation. :[

I personally think Rampardos' Platinum sprite is a big improvement; D/P's was kind of ugly.

Roselia's annoys me. Porygon-Z's kind of bothers me, too.

On the other hand, Croagunk's is a lot better!

Y'know, it's not just the Platinum dex Pokemon that were changed? If you look through Veekun's sprites section, you can see that a lot of the non-national dex sprites have had slight stylistic changes from D/P. If it's not the frontsprite, it's the back; Platinum sprites are generally less bright than D/P ones.

Speaking of improvements...
Ninetales
Gligar

Two amazingly improved sprites.

Back
Top Bottom