• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C Corrupted Save and Glitched Time

Alexi

The Religion section is now a joke
My friend's Crystal game has a corrupted save file. A permanent one. As in, she'll restart the game, save, turn off, turn on, and the new file is corrupted.

And on her Gold, the time won't save. It says "Time not saved" when turned on, and when I set the time, save and turn it off then on again, it says that again.

What's going on?

I'm not entirely sure, but it probably is the result of the number one killer of 2nd Gen games: The internal battery is dead/dying.

What happened to your friend's Silver happened to my Crystal. I'll start a new game, play a bit, save, turn it off, and when I come back, the file is corrupt.

I really don't know what to do, and if it has something to do with the internal battery, I don't think you can replace that.

fffff yes you can. it's not like it's a special nintendo battery or anything. you buy them at any grocery store.

first of all, if you have any save that actually loads (don't think you do, in this case), it'll be gone, heads up.

you need a small straight head precision screwdriver, or a bit screwdriver, whatever. i opened my crystal with a knife, so. if you can get it open using the little screw on the back, do it. the battery it takes is CR2025/CR2032, i used a CR2032 when i did mine, but the official battery that it uses is CR2025, looks like a watch battery, use that.

once you've opened up the cartdrige, i think there should be a tab that the battery is on, try and pry that off (doing this off memory), but keep it attached the board, you need it later. have some sort of sticky tape or other method of keeping the battery and tab in close contact down to the board, otherwise you'll... yeah. okay. really make sure it's sticking. if that looses contact at any time, you're save is gone.

also, the battery goes upside-down, make note of the polarities, the markings are on the board.

now put your cartridge back together, there you go. sorry you had to start all over. :(

Back
Top Bottom