• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Zero Moment vs TruetoCheese (ref: Metallica Fanboy)

See if you can rear up your tentacles and simultaneously slash him with a Night Slash and a Slash, maybe in a cool cross pattern so they slice down the middle. It should be enough damage. Of course, if you can't do that, we're on our last legs. Lets give it our all, smash into him with all the force you can muster. Combo a Superpower and a Retaliate together and destroy him. If you can't combo at all just break it up and use Superpower and Retaliate individually. Superpower last as well if you can.

Night Slash + Slash/Superpower + Retaliate ~ Superpower

Round Five

Zero Moment
Rufflet
Pallasch
Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 17%
Energy: 37%
Status: Dizzy with fatigue. Severely confused (50% failure chance).

TruetoCheese
Inkay
Cuttler
Ability: Contrary
Health: 1%
Energy: 59%
Status: Covered in wounds and still confident. +2 Attack, +4 Defense, +1 Speed.

------------------------------​

Cuttler refuses to be beaten. Though he can barely even support himself in the air much longer, the Inkay is still supremely confident as he raises his tentacles and summons up all his will for one last attack. Cuttler hurtles forward recklessly through the air, latching onto Pallasch with his tentacles to batter the Rufflet with his shell with all the strength he can muster. Soon his temporary burst of energy begins to fade, but Pallasch is still weakly flapping his wings, and Cuttler can't just let it end like this! Exhausted, the Inkay forces himself to slam into his opponent one last time, and he barely even taps Pallasch on the head before the Rufflet gives in, closing his eyes and folding his wings to his side.

------------------------------​

Zero Moment
Rufflet
Pallasch
Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 0%
Energy: 37%
Used: nothing

TruetoCheese
Inkay
Cuttler
Ability: Contrary
Health: 1%
Energy: 47%
Used: Superpower + Retaliate

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy

• Pallasch's Health: 17% - 17% (Superpower + Retaliate) = 0%
  • Pallasch's Energy: 37%
  • Cuttler's Health: 1%
  • Cuttler's Energy: 59% - 12% (Superpower + Retaliate) = 47%

Notes
  • I really need to stop writing reffings in the morning when I'm late for work...
  • Comboing Slash and Night Slash would involve explicitly leading with Night Slash (since Night Slash has the user cloak itself in darkness and creep up on the opponent).
  • There's not all that much Retaliate can add on to a Superpower when they're both basically just WAIL ON THEM WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT, but the 15% base damage I gave it turned out to be just enough.
  • I'm really late now but blah blah TruetoCheese wins, $15 to TruetoCheese, $8 to Zero Moment, $6 each to MF and I, and TruetoCheese advances to the next round of the tournament. Congratulations!

It makes as much sense as any other combination of "powerful tackling physical move one + powerful tackling physical move two": it doesn't add very much and costs a ridiculous amount of energy for the damage output, but it works.

But that equation doesn't make any sense in this case. There is almost nothing different other than the base power of each. It's like trying to combo Crunch and Bite. It's not something like Quick Attack + Body Slam, which are two moves that do a similar thing in very different ways. Hell, I'd've accepted the Night Slash + Slash combo, using two different limbs makes sense, especially doing a pseudo-X-Scissor to make it one hit. How does Retaliate in any way make Superpower better? It's almost half Superpower's base power, what does it do, change it to normal type? Does it hit twice now? That's what it sounds like in the reffing.

It added 3% to the base damage, at the cost of quite a lot of energy. Cuttler didn't use two different attacks, but rather was inspired to continue wailing on Pallasch when he otherwise would have stopped to take a breather as with a regular use of Superpower. The result was an attack like Superpower where the main assault lasted just a bit longer than usual.

Back
Top Bottom