• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
[22:56] Alraune: Hey, what did you say you heard the starters' names would be?
[22:56] Vixie: Roysleaf, Piglit, Wottera
[22:56] Alraune: Where'd you hear that at?
[22:56] Vixie: /vp/ :x

Did someone say -all- official artworks? (still sorta small though)

As for the names; Arbok, Shellder, Grumpig. hur hur

SO HAPPY

More like the sprites are in the exact same pose as the art. But the sprites still move a lot more than the art does :v

The sprites for new Pokémon are usually in the same or similar poses as the Sugimori art, or if not in even simpler poses; it's easier for the artists before they get familiar enough with the Pokémon to be able to get creative with the poses and have them still look natural. Seriously, look at any generation's sprites: the Pokémon introduced in that generation will have much less interesting poses than the previous-generation Pokémon, on the whole.

Finally, I've been waiting for these to show up for so long :O
Kyuremu's art clears up its face finally; I couldn't really see the teeth in the sprites. Even though I already liked it, the art makes it even better.
The fact that the demon trio creatures' poses aren't copypasted in the art is some kind of an improvement too.

Also, the dark type E4 is the best/coolest/most gorgeous elite ever. The artwork proves it without doubt. B]

This is the first time I've actually been up to date on Pokemon news. :/ So the sudden urge to scream "RUINED FOREVER" is new to me! That said, the names seem... meh. I don't like them, but I bet I'll eventually tolerate or like them by the time the games are released here.

...Oshawott makes me think of Oshawa, and Ottawa. x3 Tepig could easily be 'teh pig' in my head, and Snivy reminds me of the skiving snacks that Fred and George invented. Or maybe I'm just in a Harry Potter mood.

Smugleaf still has more of a ring to it, anyway, but I'm not complaining. In any case, I don't have and 'isshu' with the name Unova for the region, although it is a rather odd departure from just englishicizing the names of regions. :/

RUINED FOREVER.

Well, at least Pokabu is. Tepig? I guess that would be tepid + pig which is just disgusting. What was wrong with Piglit? Pignite? Porkabu? eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuu I know I'll get used to it eventually but right now I could not hate it more.

Snivy... on the one hand, it's essentially Smugleaf (snide + ivy), but feel how disgusting it sounds in your mouth. Sniiiiiiiiiiiiivy. This is the best out of the three, however.

Oshawott... uh I don't know what to think.

As for the region... why?

Guess I'll just have to get used to it. bleehhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom