• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hated Characters

What they did to Samus in Metroid other M. I just about tossed that game out the window. Then I got to the metroid queen which made me happy.

-Light Yagami from Death Note. Most likely because he killed one of my favorite characters.
-Superbia from 11Eyes again for the same reasons
-Yuka from the same as above do to being a CRAZY PSYCHO BITCH
Finally, Seymour from FFX. Enough said.

-Light Yagami from Death Note. Most likely because he killed one of my favorite characters.
-Superbia from 11Eyes again for the same reasons
-Yuka from the same as above do to being a CRAZY PSYCHO BITCH
Finally, Seymour from FFX. Enough said.

I hate Winston Smith from 1984. He seems like an asshole, saying he wants to "ravish and slit [a female co-worker's] throat". Then again, I'm not very far into the book itself. Only on page 46.

I hate Winston Smith from 1984. He seems like an asshole, saying he wants to "ravish and slit [a female co-worker's] throat". Then again, I'm not very far into the book itself. Only on page 46.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pretty much everyone except winston and julia in this book fills the thread criteria, if you ask me

John the Savage from Brave New World. I have no idea why - maybe it's because he's not even a character, but merely a tool to hammer into your face some more how not!Utopia the World State is (even though it's been made pretty obvious before hand) and only serves to argue with Mustapha Mond (who I find much more interesting, honestly), and despite being the most human character just ends up being the most annoying character, even though it's those qualities that are meant to make us sympathize with him. Maybe I was looking forward to more of a story then a philosophical debate.

He's the only one I can think of right now that someone else hasn't probably summed up already.

Maybe I was looking forward to more of a story then a philosophical debate.

Never read 1984. :D Also I'm pretty sure you're supposed to find Mustapha Mond more interesting. John is the generic character, he sees things more or less the way the reader would; and yeah, that's the whole point of his character. Brave New World isn't interesting because of him, it's interesting because of everything else.

Yeah, John is pretty much the flattest character ever. He does serve to make the book's major themes painfully obvious though, and is involved in many major conflicts.

But yes, I did find his parts quite boring.

BlackTitress said:

And who would that be?

You know what? I don't like Ron Weasley. Up until the last book, he's never been really mature on par with Hermione or Harry, and to be honest, I think the entire series could have been done quite well without him. I mean, what's he good at that's useful to the actual plot? Wizard's chess? I wish J.K. Rowling had given him development beyond 'loyal but bitter'. Honestly, he wasn't even all that great as comic relief. Fred and George would have made better sidekicks.

John the Savage is more of a plot device than a character anyway.

Lena and Bernard are much more interesting characters.

- Max from Pokemon. Must I ellaborate?

- Umehito from Ouran High School Host Club. The doll. The costume. The creepiness. His fear of light. Ugh. I could really just... I don't know. I mean he's not my most hated character mainly because he at least showed some normalcy when he "saved" his little sister. Still...

These. So much these especially the first one.

Back
Top Bottom