• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What was the last anime you watched before posting on this thread?

I watched an episode of Bleach a few hours ago, but I haven't watched anything since. I think it was number 121, but whichever one it was, I still have a long way to go until the end...

Look at my signature, it's usually up to date.

That said, something new called Kamisama no Memochou (God's Memo Pad). A first episode hasn't impressed me this much in a while.

I was watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, it was the episode where Roy fights Lust (I can't help but smile when watching this, since their English voice actors are currently engaged).

I decided to veer off my usual anime route and I just started watching Code Geass like 2 minutes ago. Can't be to horrible based on its popularity.

No. It's pretty shitty. Your funeral though if you want to watch it. AALLL HEEIRU BRITANNIAAAAH

Also, just finished watching Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. Catching up to Nichijou and Denpa Onna, and finishing Dog Days later... o:

No. It's pretty shitty. Your funeral though if you want to watch it. AALLL HEEIRU BRITANNIAAAAH

It's not that bad so far, about 10 episodes in. There's quite a bit of what I suppose I'd call cheesiness though, I had to try to ignore some of the general stupidity or dumb wording. I suppose that's also amplified in the English dub, though, so whatever.
Definitely not the best, but I wouldn't say shitty. At this point, anyway.

So I finished Code Geass and it lived up to my (low, thanks to fffA's [may I call you that just once?] comments) expectations. But the cheesy overdramatic "NOOOOOO" etc in every other episode really did wreck the viewing experience sometimes. >_< And it was a little confusing sometimes. Overall, I liked it.

And now I need to find something else to occupy my time.

The last thing I watched? Something called Gunparade March. It's... not terribly good. Nice mech design, yes, but the concept of a high school class being the military's secret weapon is ridiculously cliche'd and it was a fairly stupid idea to begin with. It looked better on the cover art though...

Oh, and £8 for a series boxset is the kind of offer that you don't pass up. :D

37 of ZZ Gundam o:
But... it's not an anime! :o

(regardless, ++ for great taste and omg you're about thirty episodes ahead of me)

So I finished Code Geass and it lived up to my (low, thanks to fffA's [may I call you that just once?] comments) expectations.

lmao fffA works. the few people here that i really talk to were confused as to what to call me for the longest time haha. i didn't realize i played a part in your low expectations >.> although I guess it's better to go into things like that, you get less disappointed in the end.

The last thing I watched? Something called Gunparade March. It's... not terribly good. Nice mech design, yes, but the concept of a high school class being the military's secret weapon is ridiculously cliche'd and it was a fairly stupid idea to begin with. It looked better on the cover art though...

Gunparade! I remember that one o: that one was rather amusing for what it was worth, but yes it definitely did have good mech design.

But... it's not an anime! :o

(regardless, ++ for great taste and omg you're about thirty episodes ahead of me)

Ahaha I love that song. ZZ's probably my personal favorite of the UC timeline along with 08th MS Team. I really like Judau much more than Kamille and Amuro, and Puru is... cute >.>

been blowing through Gundam series though, since I've made it my goal to get through every gundam series before the fall semester starts, minus the crap like SEED and Destiny. Just watched F91, and started Victory Gundam this morning!

Ahaha I love that song. ZZ's probably my personal favorite of the UC timeline along with 08th MS Team. I really like Judau much more than Kamille and Amuro, and Puru is... cute >.>
I liked Kamille and Amuro because they were anti-social idiots. Moreso because they actually faced the consequences of being anti-social idiots. Brightslaps ftw. :D

Also, my favourite UC show would be 0080. All-grunt fights, competent women pilots, beautiful animation and just the right length for a series... pretty much Gundam at its best. 08th is also good for similar reasons, though it's been ages since I watched it.

been blowing through Gundam series though, since I've made it my goal to get through every gundam series before the fall semester starts, minus the crap like SEED and Destiny. Just watched F91, and started Victory Gundam this morning!
F91 is so much wasted potential that it hurts. :(

And SEED's not *that* bad. It had great music and mech designs! And the glittery sparkles everywhere is no worse than any contemporary anime. Destiny, I haven't watched yet. But eh, if I enjoyed Geass R2 in a trainwrecky sort of way then I guess I can enjoy that.

edit: oh... and the burning question for any gundamhead at the moment. What do you think of AGE? :o

I liked Kamille and Amuro because they were anti-social idiots. Moreso because they actually faced the consequences of being anti-social idiots. Brightslaps ftw. :D

haha yes, brightslaps are the greatest. I just really liked Judau as a nice change from Amuro and Kamiile. Judau's cool, and he knows he's cool, and before character development, all he can really care about is making a quick buck or two :P that's actually partly why I liked Garrod in X >.>

Also, my favourite UC show would be 0080. All-grunt fights, competent women pilots, beautiful animation and just the right length for a series... pretty much Gundam at its best. 08th is also good for similar reasons, though it's been ages since I watched it.

F91 is so much wasted potential that it hurts. :(

0080's great too. Oh, and Stardust Memory. Gato is 'pure gangsta' as my cousin says haha. But yeah, F91 made me sad :< I mean, it was still decent as a movie, but... we can't blame Tomino for what happened with that one :c

And SEED's not *that* bad. It had great music and mech designs!

The same can be said of any bad Gundam series though D:

Destiny, I haven't watched yet. But eh, if I enjoyed Geass R2 in a trainwrecky sort of way then I guess I can enjoy that.

edit: oh... and the burning question for any gundamhead at the moment. What do you think of AGE? :o

Ohgod Destiny lol. JESUS YAMATO, JESUSMOBILE, LAUNCHING
I guess if Destiny had anything going for it, it was hilarious.

Now I'm not sure what to think of AGE. animation looks a little silly to me, but that's mostly me just wishing they'd go back to hand-painted cels instead of digital animation. I'll probably end up watching it though. It's airing in October, right? That'll give me something to watch alongside Persona 4 :D

that's actually partly why I liked Garrod in X >.>
I only know Garrod from Super Robot Wars, but he seems like a cool guy. That mission in @G where Judau and Garrod sell their Gundams and Usso is all "guys this is not a good idea" was hilarious!

The same can be said of any bad Gundam series though D:
But Wing had ugly mech designs and... a good soundtrack... erm, you might have a point. :3

Now I'm not sure what to think of AGE. animation looks a little silly to me, but that's mostly me just wishing they'd go back to hand-painted cels instead of digital animation. I'll probably end up watching it though. It's airing in October, right? That'll give me something to watch alongside Persona 4 :D
I don't think I'll be watching it. I don't hate AGE for being targeted at a younger audience - hopefully the show will introduce new fans to Gundam (would be especially great if AGE gets localised and becomes popular like Naruto, Digimon, etc. because mecha sure as hell needs a PR boost in the English-speaking world) - but at the same time I don't think I could sit through a whole episode. The designs and the general atmosphere of the show seem just too kiddy, though I suppose one shouldn't make these assumptions before it's even aired.

Back
Top Bottom