• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Life since Joining TCoD

Here goes...
I can't remember much from the ages of 9 to 11 so bear with me on that one.

-Joined at age 9
-kept myself to myself for about a month
-BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER. (got my iPod Touch)
-Turned ten (it's good to be double-figures)
-Not much happened
-Turned eleven
-Bought Minecraft (which has consumed my life ever since, pretty much)
-Basic easy end-of-primary-school-exams (full marks on all the English tests, slightly lower marks on the others)
-End of primary (elementary) school! It's time to go out into the world! (Sorta.)
-Realised I'm totally addicted to Minecraft
-Secondary school starts
-Almost all my friends went to the other local school so I have only 2 friends at the start of Y7
-One of those two friends turns out to be a total jackass, he starts blanking me and almost convinces my aforementioned friend to blank me as well
-I make a couple of new friends who are both geeks like me
-Teachers are total pains
-Start learning Spanish and Latin (both are cool)
-I somehow manage to get through the autumn term, got Skyrim for Christmas
-Turned twelve
-First crush
-TWO UNREMARKABLE TERMS
-Bordering on the edge of popularity
-Summer starts! (yay!)
-Am introduced to Town of Salem, a web-browser version of Mafia which is quite a bit more complex and challenging and I love it.
-Spain. (four mosquito bites on my arse)
-Joined Steam, which is probably the best thing in existence.
-The following day, bought Terraria through Steam. Finished in a couple of weeks.
-Started playing TF2, which makes all other first-person shooters look crap.
-Y8 starts. I'm ill-prepared for another year of mind-numbing classes.
-Residential trip with school
-Second crush
-Today.

Last edited:
I'm screaming at MD's response to my last post oh my god

SO WHAT'S HAPPENED SINCE FEBRUARY OF 2014

-I...honestly don't remember
-Music Man???? that happened????? I guess????
-then-roommate gets drunk at a party, makes out with random guy, is mistaken for dating her best friend by said best friend's roommate's best friend. it was incredibly sad. and also hilarious.
-summer also happened?????
-at some point down the line also rebecame friends with the guy I cut off????
-junior year??? directing??? what????
-gave up on trying to hide the crush thing from my college friends
-new college friend figured it out in five seconds
-SHAKESPEARE TOUR
-WE INTRODUCED OUR SHAKES TOUR MODERATOR TO "ACTUAL CANNIBAL SHIA LABEOUF"
-"he's still making movies, right?' "uh yeah" "so how can we really be safe" EMMY-WINNING WRITER WAYNE TURNEY EVERYONE
-no really he won an emmy for writing a kids show
-he doesn't physically possess the emmy, the studio has it
-got drunk for the first time, was told I was annoying
-eventually friend-dumped the shithead who said drunk!flora was annoying
-this is not in chronological order
-was told that we would go barhopping for my twenty-first
-told graduated friend, made a grave error because he immediately texted the guy who suggested it
-former roommate apparently knew about the crush thing and convinced herself she was wrong
-
discovered that my teddy bear's name was a pun and regretted it for life
-THE GRILLED CHEESE INCIDENT
-more friends??? okay
-weird friend double agent stuff????
-i'm not even fucking joking
-goes to last party of the year; discovers the entire grade wants to go barhopping with me on my 21st
-summer happens again
-two days before i go back to school; discover oddly intricate birthday plans
-gets ditched by her ride so he can take a fucking shower????, is late to own birthday
-graduated friend yells at everyone to get me wasted since he couldn't be there
-made a blood oath while drunk texting a friend on friend's birthday???????????? everyone approves
-?????????????????????????

>switched to being a music major
>met VM twice more in the Real World!
>made a cool friend
>subsequently lost her (and my best friend of four and a half years)
>prepared for grad school
>um

I suppose this place gives me something to do, i'm bored a lot when i'm not sleeping xP

Also, i don't like pressuring myself about things. I am a bit timid talking to people here outside of butterfree, tough XD;

Recently became a moderator on a small Zoo Tycoon 2 forum I frequented. Warned a few users for post-farming just so they could get the downloadable content for themselves.

I'm not hinting about wanting to be a mod here, as we have plenty right now, but it would be nice.

Recently became a moderator on a small Zoo Tycoon 2 forum I frequented. Warned a few users for post-farming just so they could get the downloadable content for themselves.

I'm not hinting about wanting to be a mod here, as we have plenty right now, but it would be nice.

Considering the lack of posts and the lack of rulebreakers in general i feel like we have more than enough mods haha

i was a mod here once
i don't think i got to do any actual mod things but i have my own forum for that. all i do is change the forum skin every so often

anyway since i last posted in this thread i have something vaguely resembling a regular adult life now
i am /actually/ going to meet my girlfriend in /person/ in 11 days
she lives in the us. i paid for the flight myself. with money from my job that i don't hate.

Oh jeez, it's been a while since the last time I posted in this thread.

*So like, I've made so many friends on this Total Drama forum, and it's like a big family and I love it
*I do art stuff now
*I wanna be a storyboarder someday
*Yup
*Really gonna try and do it
*Gonna take a crazy long time probably
*Anyway
*Freshman year of high school came and went
*I was homeless for the first semester but 'sall good now
*Still writin'
*Still telling stories
*Still interwebbin'
*Sophomore now
*It's really cool how I've grown so much even from a year ago, and I know I still have even more to learn, and I'm just so so psyched about it!!

-I'M AWARE I LAST POSTED HERE LAST MONTH BUT!!!!
-Show opens, suddenly realizes that I and one of my best friends should totally trick the freshmen ushers into thinking we're dating
-friend is all for this, is really good at it for some reason
-freshmen could absolutely care less, upperclassmen start trying their damnedest to make it Actually A Thing
-I'm not even kidding someone pulled me aside for twenty minutes
-
some point along the line I start seriously thinking about it; I want to bash my head on the wall immediately after because come on Flora seriously????? Feelings-with-a-capital-F don't ever end well
-eventually the army of hospitality folks basically shove him at me yelling ASK HER OUT which I somehow did not know about until like two dates in
-dates happen???? apparently this was a very long time coming
-slowly starts to realize that the freshmen - at least some of them - either thought we were dating already and just didn't mention it or figured out that the two of us are total idiots and just kept their mouths shut because it was funny
-everyone is flipping their shit

what has my life become

>Joined TCoD when it first switched to vB
>I was around 13ish I think
>Spent a ton of time lurking because I was extremely introverted. I read so many drama threads because that stuff made me laugh uncontrollably. I also remember Eevee's thread about why IE sucked, so I stopped using it.
>vB forums died
>vB forums came back. I registered again.
>I had a webcomic that I was working hard on. No one liked it lol. It ran from 2007-2009.
>I read other webcomics. Those kept me happy (Star Guys, Pokéchow, Angel Moxie, Romeo (a Pokémon comic about a Clefairy), Metal Virus, others...)
>I started high school. My emotional problems got really bad.
>I stopped my comic due to things like that. I stopped reading other comics too.
>I left TCoD and other Pokémon places because it was starting to bore me.
>I got Pokémon HG, which made me come back to the Pokémon forums.
>My emotional problems got worse. I was getting severely bullied in high school. Staff didn't care. Family didn't care. Bad thoughts started.
>Got addicted to MMORPGS. Those were my new obsession since I left the webcomic world.
>Nostalgia hit me to where I went back to the Pokémon forums
>I created a Pokémon website. I had always wanted one back when it was cool to have one and when they all were so different from each other. I spent so many years learning HTML and making bad websites. This one in particular I was fully proud of.
>I became really mean to people on the various forums. High school sucked really bad, so I took it out using the whole "anonymity" principle.
>I ended up leaving the website community of the very few sites that were left. My mom kept telling me I'll never have a career in art if all I did was draw Pokémon. This combined with so many of those sites shutting down made me upset. I felt so distant from the Pokémon fandom because I didn't play the games much anymore; it was too expensive to invest in Black/White or Black2/White2. I thought having a website would help, but it caused more harm to me than good. I had wished that I made a website in the early 2000s. Those were the glory years of fansites.
>During my last year of high school, the bullying got worse. Depression started. I started doing bad things to myself and thinking awful things.
>High school graduation. I planned to never see these people again for the rest of my life. No high school reunions for me!
>First year of college. It opened my eyes.
>I became a Christian (WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!)
>Started going to counseling. My counselor sucked really bad. It was a horrible experience for the entire year. It made me regret ever seeking help.
>Had a crappy roomate
>Got a new roomate
>Made a ton of IRL friends to where I stopped lurking on forums all the time.
>I stopped making digital art because I got bored of it. Decided to start pursuing traditional art instead.
>Closed my Pokémon site down. Also closed down my digital art site.
>Second year of college was difficult. One of my roomates sucked really bad. We fought all the time etc.
>Third year of college was challenging. My depression got worse. My closest friend and I started going to a different counselor altogether.
>I starting to paint with acrylics. It was the best thing ever.
>I went abroad for the first time. It was on a mission trip for 20 days! Great experience!
>Went to San Francisco on another mission trip (spring break!!!!!!!!!!!)
>Now in last semester of college. Job hunting. I have a Youtube channel, I post my acrylic paintings in a lot of places. I'm trying to get my driver's license.
>I came back to Pokémon forums due to nostalgia. This is seriously the only fandom that I have history in. All my old accounts still exist, so I'm posting in various places or lurking still. I'm a lot more extroverted than I ever was before. I also speak my mind rather than hide my opinions. I am a much better person than I ever was a kid.
I'm a proud Christian \o/
I also learned that it is nice to hear other people's opinions on things. I used to always shun people for not doing "the right thing" or stuff like that. Life was very black and white before college. I have a lot of worldly views on things. It is amazing.

I joined well before vB, 2006 I *think*? I was Little Miss Nobody back in the old forums. Hell, I don't think I was even a Miss back then. I had just moved from Mew's Hangout (god rest its soul).

I like to think I was a hell of a spriter, hell I thought I was hot shit. But yeah. Spent most of my teenage days on paint, spriting god knows how many things.

The move to here happened, and I was proud to have my name on pinned posts, namely the first Spriter's Showcase, as well as the thing. Most of my focus was my art, which I got good at, considering I barely had any idea what layers were. This also spanned my weird weeaboo-but-not phase, where I didn't necessarily worship Japan and all that came with it, but I went by the name Rin. I still even have some of my old sprites from back then, depicting me with kinda spiky blue hair. Think the Bird Keeper from R/S/E.

Major milestone was when I was 15/16. I met Kim; I think her user was either Torchic or something along those lines. But basically, we started a long distance relationship: I was in South Wales, she was in California. Around this time, I kinda figured I wasn't all dude. But I thought it was normal puberty stuff, I mean everyone was talking about sex, right? Mine was just a skip away from it.

So we went out for six months, and since she's 18 when I hit 16, she needed to focus on college and we broke up. I remember crying for months on end. I kept our messages on here, until vb got deleted. Lost all of that.

Then Sixth Form happened, and I kinda found my stride socially. Spent less and less time here, and less time on my art. Then Uni happened, and I left. Well, pretty much left. I'd come back every few months just to see what's up, but my life pretty much became a blur.

THEN the fun stuff happened. I realised I needed to come out, so I came out as a girl. Was taken very well, and moved on from there.

I've now finished University, working as a freelance web developer/illustrator, with a stint as Audio-Visual Manager for stage shows and films locally. All the while visiting this place less and less, as life took over. Last time I visited was New Year 2015.

But yeah. I've moved on from spriting, but still have the tools and habits I had when drawing stuff. Just on a different style. I've also moved on from having an online persona of that Bird Keeper guy, to actually drawing myself as how I look, glasses and dark skin included; all the things I used to hate about myself.

Fun fact: I've kept the online handle Grimdour all throughout.

Well, since joining (three days ago) I have taken a geography exam and eaten a lot of curry and chips...

Well, this site gave me something new to compulsively check every hour. It's also everything I thought a forum would be and more. And... That's it for now I guess.

what has my life become

I don't know, self. I just don't know.

-everyone is still flipping their shit since October
-no seriously even the box office manager (who isn't even a STUDENT) ships us hardcore, we have reaffirmed someone's belief in love apparently and it is the secondmost alarming thing ever
-did a little student-run scene! Had a fuckin blast
-did a little film project for former roomie! Also had a fuckin blast
-got cast in my senior thing as everyone's backup! Having a mix of fun and dread.
-friend came to visit! Had a fuckin blast.
-New Years eve party! Had a fuckin blast.
-I'm very tired and this is not in order oops
-almost got laid? Everyone exploded and it was the most alarming thing ever
-roommate problems??? Good friend, not good to room with
-accidentally got into the flash and rwby and the entire marvel cinematic universe because my boyfriend is a huge nerd
-but I got him into ms marvel so it's okay

It's been a loooong time since I've been on TCoDf, but I still visit the main site every day. I got a lot better at art in the years that have passed, and I can kinda thank my beginnings as a sprite artist for my current style. It's how I learned that shading outlines is important, after all!

I think I've also matured a lot... I remember some times where I've been really mean and/or pushy to people from here and I really regret it. Younger me went through a lot of hard times, stress and medical difficulties, but man! Kai, Fortooate, if you ever read this then I gotta give you guys a proper apology sometime.

Let's see... I attempted to go to college for art but that didn't work out, due to my diabetes and diabetes-related anxieties, not to mention ridiculously long taxi journeys at ungodly hours. Needless to say, I don't look back on those years fondly, ahaha!

Things are generally better for me now, I think. Our financial situation isn't that great and there's a lot of days where I'm so ill or anxious that all I can do is sleep, but I'm trying my best. I'm getting a lot of commissions done and I feel like I've become way more responsible and chill about things.

I think I've been here long enough that I can put actual stuff here:

First, I rejoined another Pokemon community that I hadn't gone on in a while due to being a huge noob while I was there; nowadays, I've made a lot of great friends there, and I don't regret going back at all. Then, I became a freaking teen, which didn't change much of my life tbh.

After that is a bit hazy, but I do remember becoming the scorekeeper for the 7th grade basketball team after I failed to make the actual team, and I brought my friend on to help me out, which was one of the best decisions I did in my middle school life; the job is pretty fun, I get to just hang with my friend until the game, the coach is just one of the best people I've ever met, and its just really amazing. I still do it today. I also got a really nasty case of insomnia during that time, which sucked.

Then, I got out of 7th grade,and went to the same summer camp that I had gone to since I was 6. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty neat there though; I made really good friends with people I never would've talked to before, and did stuff that most people don't get to do, which was great.

Then, 8th grade happened. I became part of my schools newspaper, which was neat. But then, 2 things happened that really made my year suck. First, a lot of relationship drama happened around December that made most of my friends hate me for a week and pretty much broke me because of the stress and emotions. The whole story is really long, so I won't put it here, but needless to say, that was one of the lowest points in my life. The next thing that happened was I started getting all existentialist, and started to wonder about life after death. It really, really scared me, and I couldn't even tell anyone about it cause I didn't want them to experience it too. I've kinda come to terms with it now, but that really wasn't fun either.

Anyway, fast forward to now, and I made it into Honors Band, I'm planning for High School, and I just asked out my crush today, in fact, so things are, for the most part, pretty good :D

Well, it's been a year since I joined the forums, so I might as well put something here.

-I was coming out of one of my worst depressive bouts when I decided to join.
-Somehow managed to pass 9th grade despite a really late term paper.
-Started the next school year after a rather uneventful summer.
-Was finally referred to a psychologist for testing (depression and otherwise)
-Took the PSAT/NMSQT, scored well, and since then colleges have been overflowing my inbox with mail.
-Those tornados I was whining about earlier this year hit.
-Was diagnosed with depression, and later, Asperger's.
-Another depressive streak steamrolls me just in time for spring break.
-And that's a year of my life, not much to look at, is it?

I missed posting on the first like I meant to because my computer broke.
- Finished 10th grade
- I can't remember much of the summer, so I assume nothing worth noting happened
- School started off well, especially since I went for some easier classes
- Joined the robotics club
- Missed a week and a half of school because I was ill, which led to a lot of stress, and, of course, a depression
- Got my learner's permit (for driving)
- Got an old (non-functional) truck for Christmas
- Another bout of sickness and depression, not quite as bad or as long as the previous one
- Took the SAT, made a 1370, which is apparently pretty good
- Got the truck working
- Computer broke
- Yet another depression
- Guess that's it. Gist of this year: I got sick and was depressed.
- Also, somewhere in there I joined the telegram, I can't quite remember when.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom