• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which non-promotion legendaries are easiest/hardest to catch?

I hated Azelf. Screw you, Nasty Plot, stop killing my Empoleon. D:

I did catch the thing after a million resets of it killing me. In a Pokeball. Same with Uxie.

Dialga in my Diamond was easy-peasy though. One Earthquake from Torterra (Dialga used Roar of Time. It missed. Haha.) and a quick ball got him.

It took me FOREVER to catch that dang Uxie. I swear, I must've restarted 10 tims and spent like 1 or 2 hours just trying to catch the thing!

And Mesprit was easy for me, it just apeared when I wasn't even looking for it yet.

Assuming chasing them wasn't included, and masterballs were outlawed, Mewtwo would be hardest. With chasing them included, Latios/Latias. It took me a few hours to catch Latios (or Latias?) on ruby.

easiest? moltres i got it with a pokeball :)

hardest latias/latios damn things run! hehehe mean look traps it... or pokemon with arena trap...

In my first Sapphire save file, I caught Kyogre with a single Pokéball, no damages done =D
From then on, I just chuck a Dive Ball at it and it's mine =P

The hardest for me was Latias in my latest completed Sapphire save file (which was also recently erased). I search all over, for an entire week before I gave up. Finally found it when shiny hunting in the desert like two weeks later. I didn't find a shiny that time D=

Ho-oh and Lugia. =P Oh wait, those are promotional.

Anyway, um. Ignoring the obvious Dialga/Palkia, I'd say I had an easy time catching Giratina... but then, he has the same rate as them, right? So that doesn't count either. The hardest was definitely... um... I caught Rayquaza with the masterball in both Sapphire and Emerald... heck, I hate fighting legendaries. Go ask someone else. xD

Easiest? Let me put it this way: Take one duskball. Play at ten o'clock PM. How long will it take YOU to catch a Palkia? Yeah. Aside from that... Sigh. They've all taken me way too long. Never even SAW Raikou on my first Crystal file... But Uxie and Azelf? I can't remember which of them kept fainting my team. It may have been both. :shudder: the memories...

Uxie took forever for me to weaken enough to catch and then it took another forever for it to stay in the ball.

Dialga was easiest, but everyone's already said that.

rrrrr pay more attention to my post everyone it is the actual answer

Anyway, um. Ignoring the obvious Dialga/Palkia, I'd say I had an easy time catching Giratina... but then, he has the same rate as them, right? So that doesn't count either. The hardest was definitely... um... I caught Rayquaza with the masterball in both Sapphire and Emerald... heck, I hate fighting legendaries. Go ask someone else. xD
No, Giratina has a catch rate of 3, same as everything except Dialga (30), Palkia (30), Groudon (5), and Kyogre (5).

Mewtwo was very easy, but I used a master ball...XD

Easiest non-promotion legendary for me was Kyogre, but in total I'm going to have to say Arceus. I know it's a promotion legendary, but I caught it in three turns.

I didn't really try to catch Palkia. I just threw the Masterball at it because I was tired from battling everyone on the way there, then Cyprus, then being told I couldn't go back and heal. I was just like: "...Why can't either of YOU catch it??"

Easiest was Uxie/Azelf. I caught them both in Luxury balls and neither took any more then five to be captured. So now they luffles meh =D

Hardest...hmm. I tried catching Shadow Luiga with anything but the Masterball but it proved too difficult, especially when I realised that I had to beat a whole team of Shadows afterwards, so I gave up on trying to wear it down and just used the MB. Mewtwo was a challenge in Yellow...stupid recover >< But I did catch it in a Ultraball...

The running ones have never been trouble for me. A friend gave me a Wobbuffet, so I use him to keep them in battle.

Dialga was simple. One Aura Sphere, it was in the red. It was mine with two Pokéballs. (I set the date to January 1st 2099 before getting it as well. Just to be unfunny.)

The running legendaries are the hardest to obtain since that includes finding them, but if it's just catching, it would have to be Giratina, for one reason: it's Ghost, and thus you can't False Swipe it down to 1 HP.

I found Kyogre the hardest to catch. I kept making it faint. xD

Palkia is totally the easiest. 1 Drill Peck from my Empoleon+ 1 Dusk Ball= 1 Palkia. Wow.

Hardest ones were Uxie/Azelf. Future Sight, Nasty Plot...Evil moves...

Easiest were definitely Palkia, Heatran, and Zapados, and the hardest was Mewtwo, but I eventually found out freezing him makes it a helluva lot easier to catch. Two Ultra Balls.

Dayum,

Easiest? Contrary to popular belief uxie + azelf were easiest to catch. Dang runners are the hardest though. I would have used trapinch except they all have levitate. so i used wobbufet and took countless soft resets to avoid killing them.

Back
Top Bottom