• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Games and/or game series that should be revived...

That's the appeal of Smash. The characters don't have built in combos, you instead can link attacks together to form all kinds of combos. And personally find trying to knock your opponent off the stage better than trying to reduce their health.

You do the exact same thing with 2D fighters; no 2D fighter has built in combos. That's a 3D fighter (Tekken, Soul series, DoA...). And Ring-Out fests are not fun. Soul Edge proves this fact.

I would say that Battle Arena Toshinden is in dire need of a new game, they've already announced a new one for the Wii. Let's see if it works.

I think Star Gladiator, and Bushido Blade are long overdue for second sequels, however.

Kid Icarus was a Metroid wannabe that lacked the openness and re-exploring that comes with Metroidvanias. I can't see why everybody wants another one.

In fact, nobody would care if Pit wasn't put in Brawl...

Nintendo needs to make a new F-Zero.

Well for me me, I played Kid Icarus before I had even started playing metroid or any other sorts of games from around that time. Maybe it wasn't perfect but I have a strong love for the series and I reckon fans (or as you said, anyone who bought Brawl) would appreciate it and buy it. F-zero would be amazing on the wii, as long as it didn't scare newcomers off like the gamecube version did.

Monster Rancher!

Or, well, it's more like they need to translate the DS games into English. I know Tecmo was in financial trouble, but I think they merged with another company. It doesn't seem likely, but I'm still holding out hope...

And Ring-Out fests are not fun. Soul Edge proves this fact.

Link's arm twist throw in SC2 illustrates this fact.

But really, Smash Bros. really isn't that much more than a 2D fighter, it's just a whole lot simpler than conventional 2D fighters. (Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, The King of Fighters)

That said, that's at least part of what makes it fun. (the other parts being the whole Nintendo crossover thing and the items, though the selection feels tiny compared to Power Stone 2's 480~) It's very much a pick-up-and-play game, I don't have to think hard about it.

And Power Stone 2's stages were way cooler.

Umm... let me make this post relevant...

A lot of what I want is actually already being brought back...

Well, I think we need a Dragon Warrior Monsters that's closer to the formula of the first 3/4 (if you count Coby and Tara separately) games. Joker was ok, but it didn't have the same magic that keeps me playing the original DWM.

I'd like a new DJ MAX... Just nothing as ridiculous as Black Square Edition, or as boring as Clazziquai Edition. That game's so fucking ridiculous... Next DJMAX game they make should be more akin to DJMAX Portable 2 in terms of difficulty; I can actually play a few of the 6 and 8B songs!

I would be rather astonished if anybody's played this, but I think it would be amazing if LucasArts remade Star Wars Episode I: Racer. It was the best racing game that I have ever played--very fast, lots of explosions, plenty of cool racers and tracks, and of course Star Wars. But it was back in the Nintendo 64 era, and it could look really good and play really well with the new technology. It's never going to happen, though. [/nostalgia burst]

I would be rather astonished if anybody's played this, but I think it would be amazing if LucasArts remade Star Wars Episode I: Racer. It was the best racing game that I have ever played--very fast, lots of explosions, plenty of cool racers and tracks, and of course Star Wars. But it was back in the Nintendo 64 era, and it could look really good and play really well with the new technology. It's never going to happen, though. [/nostalgia burst]

YUS

I loved that game. And the arcade version, too. Gasgano is my favorite.

I own a (crap used) copy of the Dreamcast version. The music doesn't work. The sound effects don't work half the time. And a few random times, the menus just don't want to work. But besides that I have to say it's superior to the N64 version for obvious reasons.

But yes, Racer needs a revival.

Come to think of it, we haven't seen a really good Bust-A-Move since Bust-A-Move 4 came out on the PSX and Dreamcast...

We also need something to show the general gaming population of the current age (I'm trying to make it sound like those of us that are 17, 18 or older sound really, really old xD) what the heck Streets of Rage and Virtua Cop are.

To further this point; I literally raged when a few high schoolers asked me what the heck River City Ransom, Gunstar Heroes, and Guardian Heroes were this afternoon when I was downtown and yelled at them to put down their Ass Effect and Gears of Pores 2 and download some of those old games on the Playstation Store, WiiWare, and XBLA.

They have not experienced true pain or difficulty until they've played Robotron 2084 or Double Dragon. And I say this for anyone else as well. You must shed tears of rage in order to complete the transition to becoming manly. This goes for both genders.

Come to think of it, we haven't seen a really good Bust-A-Move since Bust-A-Move 4 came out on the PSX and Dreamcast...
Bust-A-Move 4 was my first Dreamcast game. Love it, and a new one would be appreciated.

Hopefully we don't get scary boxart.
(I'm trying to make it sound like those of us that are 17, 18 or older sound really, really old xD).

I've said it before, I do feel damn old sometimes. For some of the same reasons you outlined in your post.

Man, and 30 to 40-somethings think they got it hard. xD

I could totally go for an old fashioned beat 'em up now.

I could totally go for an old fashioned beat 'em up now.

YUS

At least they still pay tribute to them; that Watchmen game is SO FUN.

Seriously though, try walking up to one of those guys that play... Eww, Halo, or Gears of War or whatever, and ask them what The Lost Vikings is. You seriously will rage everything around you to death.

And speaking of which, how long's it been since The Lost Vikings came out? I think we're long overdue for a sequel to Norse By Norsewest, Blizzard!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

temporarily moving away from beat'em ups

Kojima Productions should be working on a new Zone of the Enders, instead of a new Castlevania. Leave the Castlevania to IGA, Kojima! I wanna see a new Zone of the Enders! And you said you wanted to do it again yourself! You've already established a series with as much potential as, if not more than Metal Gear, so do something with it! We wanna see Leo and A.D.A for at least one more game!

It's not exactly a dead series (at least, not in Japan), but the West needs another damned Super Robot Wars game. I know there's a million problems with bringing one of the "proper" SRW games over here (see: licensing crap), but even just another Original Generation game would be awesomesauce (and not another spinoff like Endless Frontier, I mean an actual SRW game with SUPER ROBOTS in it). Hell, even just translating SRW:OGs, which was just a revamp compilation of the first two SRW:OG games, maybe plus OG Gaiden would be nice.

It's not exactly a dead series (at least, not in Japan), but the West needs another damned Super Robot Wars game. I know there's a million problems with bringing one of the "proper" SRW games over here (see: licensing crap), but even just another Original Generation game would be awesomesauce (and not another spinoff like Endless Frontier, I mean an actual SRW game with SUPER ROBOTS in it). Hell, even just translating SRW:OGs, which was just a revamp compilation of the first two SRW:OG games, maybe plus OG Gaiden would be nice.

I think another spinoff of OG would be nice though... Although I'd like more cameos than just the 4 Namco X Capcom characters (It's also amusing to note that they have the exact same movesets they did in that awesome SRPG). If they do another SRT though, it'd be awesome if they included some Gurren Lagann mechs, and Gundam 00 is a given... Linebarrels of Iron is also a must.

Another Onimusha please, Capcom! Dawn of Dreams was awesome, but I can't imagine you just leaving it D= although it's probably for the better... If they kept going it'd probably become bat-shit awful, just like Resident Evil...

Well there is a SRW:OG for the DS in English, but it's not a strategy game, it's more of a Random-Battle RPG. With massive tits.

Well there is a SRW:OG for the DS in English, but it's not a strategy game, it's more of a Random-Battle RPG. With massive tits.

That's the spinoff we both mentioned in our previous posts; Mugen no Frontier. It was made by Monolith Soft, rather than Banpresto, which is why it had KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, and the two protagonists, Reiji and Xiaomu, and the antagonist, Saya from Namco X Capcom, and it was a JRPG, not an SRPG.

That's the spinoff we both mentioned in our previous posts; Mugen no Frontier. It was made by Monolith Soft, rather than Banpresto, which is why it had KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, and the two protagonists, Reiji and Xiaomu, and the antagonist, Saya from Namco X Capcom, and it was a JRPG, not an SRPG.

Gah sorry, my bad.

Am I missing something, or has Yoshi not had many games recently? I'd love to see another Yoshi game formated like Yoshi 64. Same with Kirby, those were two of my favorite games for the 64. I also wanna see all this hype about Eathbound/MOTHER, so a release to the states wouldn't be bad. I doubt that's gonna happen though.

I neverf got to play any of the Captain Falcon games, along with Kid Icarus, so Im kinda hoping for remakes of those.

Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Rebirth, and every other Tales game or remake that hasn't been released in the states. Oh, and Fire Emblem 2-6, just remaster them already! [IFuuuck[/I].

Persona... Oh wait! They're remaking Persona, I'm set.

Two words; Ice Climbers ;D

Two words; Ice Climbers ;D

Hm..Can't say i've ever played the original game but I rather think Ice Climbers have had their time, their last game was 2 odd years ago. I mean i'm willing to listen but I don't quite see how a game of theirs (or something similar) would translate to today's standards. Personally I think they've been moved into the nintendo vaults.

Talking about the nintendo vaults how about Perfect Dark?

Back
Top Bottom