• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Can you name all 151 original Pokemon in 12 minutes?

I could get them in order up until like... the Pikachu line, at which point I stopped caring. You people who can get them all in five minutes are beastly. :o

EDIT: Did the theme tune one and remembered it all!.

I did that one too. I got it, but it took longer than it should have because I never knew what "_____ pokemon to understand" was (and I'm pretty sure I got "teach" by accident somehow). And "our heart so true" instead of "a heart so true".

This site is very addictive.

I've been spending way too much time on this site. More than I'd like to admit. Now I can name all of them in order. Whoo. Too bad it's nothing I should be proud of :(

I did that one too. I got it, but it took longer than it should have because I never knew what "_____ pokemon to understand" was (and I'm pretty sure I got "teach" by accident somehow).

I was sure it was "each" but now that I know what it really is, it makes more sense now.

I was sure it was "each" but now that I know what it really is, it makes more sense now.

I spent ages trying to make "each" make sense in that song. Eventually, I decided it would go in regular speech something like "I will travel across the land, searching far and wide [for] each Pokémon, to understand the power that's inside". But no, it has to be something far more logical >:(

I would have trouble doing this without cheating... They're on a poster by my screen.
Do you have to do them in order? that would kill me...

You don't have to do it in order; it just proves that you have a bigger Pokémon-peen than other, lesser nerds if you do.

I got 143, missing Vulpix, Ninetales, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Magnemite, Magneton, and Ditto. How'd I forget Ditto?

138. missed venonat, psyduck, ponyta, grimer, chansey, tauros, goldeen, and (somehow) snorlax lines.

also wow. i completely forgot drowzee and hypno even existed until like the last 30 seconds. clutch.

drowzee hypno

Someone started on this in College the other day so everyone just dropped what they were doing and joined in. Missed about ten in all xD

I'm annoyed, because I did this just fine the other day. Maybe I'm tired...

I got 142/151, missing Paras line, Jigglypuff line, Krabby line, Farfetch'd, Chansey and Magmar. I managed to spell Exeggutor after a few tries.

I also tried pokerapping, but kind of lost track after Rhydon.

I though this would be easy, but I only got 126/151. Missed Paras, Psyduck, Mankey, Diglett, Ekans, Doduo, Seel, Shellder and Krabby lines, and Lickitung, Scyther, Pinsir, Lapras, Ditto, Porygon and somehow Rapidash even though I'm sure I wrote that after Ponyta.

Also tried the gen 2 one and got 83/100. Damn you Wooper line, Pineco line, Chinchou line, Yanma, Blissey, Dunsparce, Gligar, Wobbuffet(how did I forget that one?), Porygon2, Scizor, Shuckle, Qwilfish, Sudowoodo and Corsola.

Bulbasaur Ivysaur Venusaur Charmander Charmeleon Charizard Squirtle Wartortle Blastoise Caterpie Metapod Butterfree Weedle Kakuna Beedrill Pidgey Pidgeotto Pidgeot Rattata Raticate Spearow Fearow Ekans Arbok Sandshrew Sandslash Nidoran(F) Nidorina Nidoqueen Nidoran(M) Nidorino Nidoking Clefairy Clefable Vulpix Ninetales Jigglypuff Wigglytuff Zubat Golbat Oddish Gloom Vileplume Paras Parasect Venonat Venomoth Diglett Dugtrio Meowth Persian Psyduck Golduck Growlithe Arcanine Mankey Primeape Poliwag Poliwhirl Poliwrath Abra Kadabra Alakazam Machop Machoke Machamp Bellsprout Weepinbell Victreebel Tentacool Tentacruel Geodude Graveler Golem Ponyta Rapidash Grimer Muk Slowpoke Slowbro Magnemite Magneton Farfetch'd Doduo Dodrio Seel Dewgong Shellder Cloyster Gastly Haunter Gengar Onix Drowzee Hypno Krabby Kingler Voltorb Electrode Cubone Marowak Exeggcute Exegutor Hitmonlee Hitmonchan Lickitung Koffing Weezing Rhyhorn Rhydon Chansey Tangela Kangaskhan Horsea Seadra Goldeen Seaking Mr. Mime Scyther Jynx Electabuzz Magmar Tauros Magikarp Gyarados Lapras Ditto Eevee Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Porygon Omanyte Omastar Kabuto Kabutops Articuno Zapdos Moltres Snorlax Dratini Dragonair Dragonite Mewtwo Mew Pikachu Raichu

In the exact order that I thought of them. Took right around 7 minutes.

I had all but Pikachu/Raichu within 6 minutes, but somehow forgot them and didn't notice until I was going through and counting to make sure I had them all (I didn't actually count all of them to check... just far enough to realize I was missing an obvious one. so I might still be missing one or two somewhere in there.)

EDIT: Missed Aerodactyl, Pinsir, Staryu, and Starmie. Remembered all the really obscure ones that everyone forgets, but forgot things like Staryu and Starmie somehow... and I guess Missingno, if we're counting that one.

...and, I completely missed that this was something on some other site that was linked to in the first post. I was typing them into Notepad while timing myself on a clock. XD

I'll try the Generation II one on the site later. Probably won't do nearly as well on that, since even though G/S/C were some of my favorite games in the series, I never really liked the 2nd-gen Pokémon themselves as much after the "holy crap, they made 100 new Pokémon!" effect wore offf (with a few exceptions.)

Last edited:
Managed to forget Ditto and Farfetch'd (lol) on the Gen. 1 one and Pineo and Forretress on the Gen. 2. In real life I sometimes try to name all of the Pokémon out of boredom, but I'm never restricted to a time limit there, so. :V

EDIT: Got all the Gen. 3 ones within ten minutes and missed Spiritomb, Magnezone and Lickilicky on Gen. 4.

Last edited:
Tried the Generation 2 one on the site, and managed to get them all with 3 minutes and 26 seconds still left on the clock.

Remembering all of Generation 1 was pretty easy even without the site's numbers there to help, but this one was kind of tough even with them... took me forever to remember Remoraid, Octillery, Delibird, Kingdra, and Aipom for some reason. (especially Aipom... that was the last one I had left, and I spent at least 30 seconds wondering "what the heck goes in that slot in the middle of all the Grass-types?" before I finally remembered the thing.)

Did pretty bad on the Generation 3 one, though. XD 112 out of 135. Even with 14 minutes and the numbered slots, I missed the entire Lotad, Seedot, Ralts, and Spheal lines, plus Torkoal, Spoink/Grumpig, Barboach/Whiscash, Corphish/Crawdaunt, Wynaut, Snorunt/Glalie, and Luvdisc.

Got 94 out of 107 for the Generation 4 one. Forgot Kricketot/Kricketune, the Shinx line, Ambipom, Buneary/Lopunny, Skorupi/Drapion, Gliscor, Chatot and Rotom (I have no idea how I managed to forget Rotom...)

Back
Top Bottom