• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow recently.

I am deadly devoted to getting all souls and beating Menace with no damage.

But GODDAMN ARC DEMONS GIVE ME YOUR SOULS ALREADY SO I GET THE CHAOS RING AND THEN MAKE VALMANAY DAMMIT

I honestly don't care I just wanted to make it.

I've been playing the freeware game Iji recently, it's a good game with interesting plot but somewhat stiff controls.

I know that Dan is going to backstab me, it's just a matter of time
I TRUSTED YOU DAMMIT

Finished Suikoden V, now I'm playing 3.

Not as good as V though. And V is easily the best since Suikoden 2, possibly just as good, and not just because of the nostalgia factor =/

Also playing KOF2002 Unlimited Match; trying to practice with K`dash

i've been playing megaman powered up over the past week
i love this game haha
except i am really bad at boss fights that you're weak against if you're playing as a robot master... P:

Currently playing Assassin's Creed II on PC through OnLive's service, and also "renting" Just Cause 2 through that as well.

It is great.

Been replaying Tales of Innocence since the patch at Absolute Zero was finally released on the 1st.

Hermana's accent is interpreted 100 times cooler in English than it was in Japanese.

With the Engineer update having been added, I've been whoring Team Fortress 2 like there's no tomorrow.

STILL playing Persona 3... >_<

50 hours and I don't even know how far away I am from beating the game... and that's not even counting the Answer which is apparently 30 more hours. Man...

On the side, I'm playing Infinite Space on the DS. Which is rather complicated and hard, but I'm enjoying it. :3

On the side, I'm playing Infinite Space on the DS. Which is rather complicated and hard, but I'm enjoying it. :3

If you want hard, play EVE Online.

Having a BlazBlue party with a bunch of friends at my place, 'cause we are HYPE to pick up CS tomorrow morning and continue our crazy BB party.

WHen I'm not playing matches, I'm playing Touhou, because I am hype for new Cirno-centric Touhou game. And Akai Katana.

...BlazBlue Continuum Shift Get. c:
I seem to be more out of practice than ever. DAT NEW CURSE MECHANIC. Seems I'm still going to be an Arakune main though, with a side of Hazama. I'm unsure yet the exact damage to Rachel but I hope to dabble in her as always too. OFF TO HOURS OF TRAINING MODE.

In addition to that, lots of Left 4 Dead 2 and TF2. If you've got steam add me da?

lol ya I wasn't even on yesterday.

I love how my PS3 disc has Tsubaki, and the 360 discs get DAT ASS

So yeah, if you have Continuum Shift for the PS3, and wanna play, PM me for my PSN name.

Hehe, I was lucky enough to play CS in a local arcade last month. Feels like they nerfed Taokaka, but I didn't play that much so I'm not sure.

Also been at EU3, TF2, FM2010, CK, and Magic: the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Hehe, I was lucky enough to play CS in a local arcade last month. Feels like they nerfed Taokaka, but I didn't play that much so I'm not sure.

Actually they... 'Balanced' Tao. Her HP got nerfed to 9.5k (Lowest of the cast and tied with Carl) and some combos got botched by a nerfed throw range and changes in setup moves.
.....On the plus side she now has an absolutely demoralising taunt combo alongside nearly doubled damage as well as increased hitstun.
Overall, I think she got a buff. She plays exactly the same for the most part with a slight style changeup, better mixups and buffed damage.

From Dustloop:

Pros
- Taokaka's, overall, damage output increased twofold. Her average BnB combos do 4k and her max damage does 7k. Also, throw combos average around 4k.
- Tao's j.b is bigger, longer, and crosses over.
- Most of her normals have a longer lasting hit stun/block stun. Therefore, elongated blockstun gives you stronger mixup options.

Cons
- Taokaka can no longer end her combos with oki setups.
- Taokaka's throw range got nerfed.
- j.c hitbox is smaller.
- She now has the lowest HP of the cast.

The Consensus
Taokaka plays, exactly, the same. She may have stronger combos, but her fundamentals are no different than in CT. The only exception is that you have more incentive to not get hit...
...you will die in one meaty combo.

....On the flipside, they've ruined Rachel forever. D: George is now bollocks, her damage has been sent into oblivion, and most of her traps are 'balanced' in such a way they're useless such as the Impish Gypsophelia timer. Rebalance in 6 months so I hear, DO THE RIGHT THING AKSYS.

Rachel's not even THAT bad though. Granted, George is just ruined now, but I was able to win several matches online with her this morning. You just need to be good at trolling your opponent, and zoning, which is something I learned how to do well with F-Aoko in Melty Blood Actress Again

Eh, it's moot to me now, since I ditched her for Hazama the moment I saw the way he plays months ago, so now he's my second Alt.

Trauma Center: New Blood. I've never played any of the other games before and I don't understand what the hell the Healing Touch is but I feel like I've accomplished a lot on it... By that I mean I'm on the fifth operation.

Finished all the story routes in Continuum Shift (lol, Ragna and Rachel had the best joke endings...), so now I'm working on whatever Challenges I didn't finish when I'm not playing online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom