• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Pokemon game-ography

RespectTheBlade

rage against the dying of the light
So, I was talking to a friend over the phone, and I happened to come across this idea.

Basically, what pokemon games did you play, and in what order? For me, it would be:

Red
Yellow
Pokemon Pinball (GBC)
Pokemon Puzzle League
Silver
Crystal
Diamond
Sapphire
Fire Red
Platinum
Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
XD
Emerald
Colloseum
Explorers of Time
Ranger: Shadows of Almia
SoulSilver
HeartGold

Last edited:
Blue
Red
Yellow
Pokemon Stadium
Hey You, Pikachu!
Snap
Silver
Gold
Stadium 2
Puzzle Challenge
Crystal
Puzzle League
Sapphire
Pinball RS
Colosseum
Fire Red
Emerald
XD
Channel
Mystery Dungeon Red
Pearl
GB TCG
PBR
Ruby
Leaf Green
Mystery Dungeon Time
Platinum
Mystery Dungeon Sky
Ranch
Soul Silver

Last edited:
I believe it was
Yellow
Blue
Gold
Sapphire
FireRed
LeafGreen
Emerald
Diamond
PMD Darkness
Platinum
SoulSilver
Black (sort of, didn't exactly understand much of it)

Crystal
Yellow
Stadium
Red
Silver
Pearl
Firered
Firered
Platinum
SoulSilver

I think.

Red
Blue
Pinball RB
Yellow
Silver
Gold
Puzzle Challenge
Crystal
Ruby
Sapphire
Colosseum
FireRed
LeafGreen
XD
Emerald
GB TCG*
PMD Blue
Diamond
Pearl
Ranch
PBR
PMD Time
Platinum
Rumble
HeartGold
SoulSilver
PMD Sky
Black

I own multiple copies of some of those games for various reasons, but I figured that only the first playthrough actually mattered, so. Why, yes, I am a tool, why do you ask?

*don't actually recall when I finally got around to getting TCG. All I know is that it was sometime well after the cards involved were older than dirt, but then again I am also a Wizardsfag in addition to being a tool.

Last edited:
stadium 1
red
yellow
snap
pinball
trading card game
gold
silver
puzzle league
crystal
stadium 2
ruby
pinball rs
colosseum
channel
firered
dash
emerald
xd
trozei
pmd red
pmd blue
ranger
diamond
pearl
battle revolution
ranch
puzzle challenge
pmd time
platinum
soulsilver
pmd sky
rumble
heartgold
white
black

Gold
Silver
Crystal
Pinball RB
Yellow
Puzzle Challenge
Sapphire
Ruby
Pinball RS
Channel
Colosseum
Emerald
XD
Leaf Green
Fire Red
Dash
Ranger (I returned it a few days later because it was too hard XD)
PMD Blue
PMD Red
Pearl
Heartgold

Pokemon Box is somewhere in between Sapphire and Dash, though that's not really a game I guess?

Crystal
Ruby
Sapphire
RS Pinball
FireRed x2
Ranger
Mystery Dungeon Blue
Diamond
Mystery Dungeon Time
Platinum
HeartGold
White

I think I played pretty much everything in order. I haven't got any of the Pokemon games on the Wii, but I do have all the handheld/N64/GC games, and got most of them upon their releases.

Blue
Gold
Sapphire
Leafgreen
Emerald
Diamond
Mystery Dungeon: Time
Platinum
Mystery Dungeon: Sky
Heartgold
White?

iirc, though my memory is fuzzy.

Blue
Yellow
Silver
TCG/Snap/Stadium/Puzzle Challenge/Jade (unsure of the order)
Crystal
Ruby
Emerald
LeafGreen
PMD Red
Ranger
Diamond
PBR
PMD Time
Platinum
Gold
Red
HeartGold

Stadium- T'was fun, used Rental Pokemon. I noticed how some Pokemon were different colors and I wanted my Pokemon to be different colors, and I asked my brother how, and he said I had to play the game and nickname a Pokemon.
Red- So, I played my brother's red version, but he was at Cinnabar and I didn't know how to use HMs and saw if I could play Blue.
Blue- I went over to Blue, and he was in Celadon City, so I found it more interesting. I figured out how to wipe save data. I picked Charmander, had no idea how to switch Pokemon or how to switch boxes, so I just overleveled my Charmander until I was facing Misty with a Charizard and pretty much defeated everyone, and I played through it first on Stadium's gameboy tower. After beating the game, I learned about Missingno., Glitch City, Mew Trick, and mostly abused my poor Blue until the game data wiped itself. However, due to a glitch, I had my cloned team on Gold so that was good until Gold wiped itself too.
Yellow- I played my brother's Yellow and look through his completed Pokedex, didn't do much else. Later I received Yellow for Christmas, and mostly used it for Pokedex filling and transferred most of my team and Pokemon over to Crystal after I got it.
Silver- Then after finishing Blue I checked out his Silver. I got Gold for Christmas.
Gold- I played Gold and wanted to raise my Pokemon evenly. However I dead-end'd in Goldenrod, because Miltank was rather difficult and I couldn't figure out how to advance the plot because the city was so big so I ended up power-leveling my Typhlosion. I beat Johto, transferred over my Charizard, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres as well as my Dodrio, Golem, and Chansey from Blue. I discovered cloning and cloned all of my Pokemon so I could send them back to Blue, and I had my full team on both versions. I eventually got to Saffron, and by the time I got there, my internal clock battery failed and didn't save anymore.
Stadium 2- I had great fun with the My Room feature, and I also exploited the Color Case to get Lemonade before I was supposed to have it, and make up for the fact I didn't have a link cable.
Crystal- I transferred all of my Yellow team over to Crystal, restarted Yellow, sent three starters and a Pikachu to Crystal, and decided to play a balanced team, which was easier to do because they were transfered Pokemon and thus had higher rates of gaining experience. Internal clock failure happened by the time I finished the game and had about ~230 Pokemon.
Ruby- I first rented the game before buying it, and I tried to power-level Torchic but failed, tried again, and I got to Ever Grande City before getting bored and quitting. My Blaziken was screwed up, had a bad move pool, all my other Pokemon were neglected, etcetra. No idea were its at.
Sapphire- Someone bought me this game, and I never played it before losing it.
Coliseum- I loved this game, but never finished it despite owning a Strategy Guide. Yes I do suck, why do you ask?
FireRed- I loved this game! Love, love, love it. I was able to power-level my Charizard, got a super-shiny-new powerful move, explored the Sevii Isles, but I lost the game before I could finish the thing that allowed me to trade with Ruby-Sapphire.
LeafGreen- Yeah, I did this game with a balanced team and Bulbasaur, got bored around Celadon, quit it, and can't find it.
Box- I thought it would allow me to transfer RBYGSC teams to RSEFRLG and was disappointed. I moved all of my Pokemon in Ruby besides Blaziken, and I then I lost the Memory Card.
Emerald- I played with Blaziken again, power-leveling. I cloned all of my Pokemon from FRLG so I could transfer them to Pearl in Pal Park. I also re-caught my Hoenn Pokemon.
Pearl- I got bored by the first gym, hated all of the new Pokemon, lost my Nintendo DS so I haven't played again.

Yep, I am irresponsible, bored easy, and play the games very wrong.

I would guess

Yellow
Red
Sapphire
Colosseum
Emerald
XD
FireRed
Diamond
Silver
Blue
SoulSilver

Assuming that the order I bought them is the same order I played them.

Back
Top Bottom