• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

It now filters swears, slurs and derogatory terms. Apparently Bite is one, even though it's a move too :v

[size=+3]Gary[/size]
Sooo, this game is amazing. (:
I just finished up at Dragonspiral Tower, and plan to train up a bit.
Serperior
lvl. 41
Slam | Coil | Leaf Blade | Mega Drain

Zoroark
lvl. 41
Shadow Claw | Foul Play | Faint Attack | Night Slash

Stoutland
lvl. 37
Take Down | Surf | Work Up | Crunch

Gigalith
lvl. 39
Power Gem | Flash Cannon | Iron Defense | Headbutt

Unfezant
lvl. 38
Roost | Air Slash | Fly | Razor Wind

Larvesta
lvl. 28
Ember | String Shot | Leech Life | Take Down

I may replace Stoutland or Unfezant for something, but I am not sure. :/

Finally beat Elesa by abusing Archen+Quick Claw+Ancient Power.

Off to beat Clay.

EDIT: And beat him. Between Shellgun and 100percent, he didn't stand a chance.

Player: Name: Blair (so much better than Hilbert)
Title: Ace Trainer
Nature: Modest
Pokédex: 60
Money: 69176 Poké
Badges: 5

Team:

Dewott
Shellgun (male) @Mystic-Water Lv 32
Hasty, Torrent

Razor Shell
Fury Cutter
Water Pulse
Revenge

Whimsicott
100percent (female)@Miracle-Seed Lv 31
Relaxed, Infiltrator

Growth
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf
Giga Drain

Scraggy
AdTerra (female)@BlackGlasses Lv 31
Hardy, Moxie

Hi Jump Kick
Faint Attack
Payback
Brick Break

Archen
FlyinBrick (female)@none Lv 31
Rash, Defeatist

Pluck
Ancient Power
Acrobatics
Dragon Breath

Gothita
Lolita (female)@Rocky-Helmet Lv 31
Hasty, Frisk

Future Sight
Double Slap
Psyshock
Faint Attack

Last edited:

I've beaten Alder now on Black. :D I've also gone around exploring everything except the Giant Chasm, so now all that's left the Giant Chasm and capturing Virizion and Terrakion. Whoo.

My team, if anybody cares. Do note that my in-game movesets will break any competitive battler's brain.

Excadrill
Excadrill lv. 71 (male)
Hardy/Sand Rush
Metal Claw
Cut
Rock Slide
Earthquake

This guy is pretty great. His moves aren't exactly the greatest thing in the world, but the multitude of resistances his Steel-type grants him makes up for his poor defenses and his Attack is pretty great, so Earthquake beats most everything and Rock Slide takes care of most of the rest. I hate using HM slaves; instead I prefer to worm the HMs in somewhere in a move slot I'm not really using anyway.

Serperior
Serperior lv. 71 (male)
Hasty/Overgrow
Slam
Coil
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade

Yes, Slam is the worst move ever, but I'm ridiculous and it just feels so good to take advantage of Coil's accuracy boost somehow. Well, actually, I was going to replace it with Strength, but he couldn't learn it when he was a Servine so I taught it to Dewott instead. I should probably do something about that already. But I CAN USE COIL AND SUDDENLY SLAM IS USABLE.

I love this guy, seriously. He's my starter proper, but kind of by accident; I meant to just get to a Pokémon Center, trade him over to White and then start over with an Oshawott (since I picked Tepig in White), but when I realized how long it takes before you gain the ability to trade, I just made an arrangement with Vixie to get an Oshawott from her instead. Meanwhile, though I was skeptical about Serperior beforehand thanks to the weird stat distribution, when I realized it learns Leech Seed, Leaf Blade and Coil I completely abandoned my plans to make him mostly Special-based and instead reveled in making him my go-to counter for everything physical. Leech Seed, Coil a few times, Leaf Blade/Slam them into oblivion, whoo.

Samurott
Samurott lv. 71 (male)
Naive/Torrent
False Swipe
Strength
Surf
Waterfall
The Oshawott I got from Vixie, all grown up. :D I actually taught him X-Scissor, but temporarily replaced it with False Swipe for some capturing I'm doing at the moment. I love having Surf and Waterfall both on my main in-game Water-type; I hate it when I have to go and switch my Pokémon around to get where I want because I don't have the HM I need. I should probably delete Strength, teach it to Serperior instead and give him X-Scissor in place of that, really.

Unfezant
Unfezant lv. 72 (male)
Gentle/Super Luck
Fly
Air Slash
Roost
Facade

I should probably teach him something decent, but he's doing okay like this. Can't say I'm overly fond of him, though; I'm considering training up a Sigilyph to possibly replace him.

Galvantula
Galvantula lv. 72 (male)
Gentle/Compoundeyes
Electro Ball
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Flash

He used to have Slash in that last slot, but I never used it ever, so when I went through whatsitsname cave where Cobalion is, I figured I might as well give him Flash there. I'm kind of planning to replace Discharge with Thunder, but I haven't bothered to buy the TM yet. My general strategy is to spam Discharge until the opponent is paralyzed, then use Electro Ball which by that point has 150 power. Though actually the opponent has usually fainted before that point.

Oh, and though his nature isn't very good, he has awesome IVs.

Chandelure
Chandelure lv. 73 (female)
Mild/Flame Body
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Hex

HER SPECIAL ATTACK IS MONSTROUS. I mean seriously. It's the best stat on my entire team including hit points. Anyway, she is supremely useful and I love her. Though I should really teach her something interesting over Hex. I never bother to go through my TMs because I'm not used to ever teaching anything TMs (curse you, previous games).

So that's my terrible in-game team! :D Now to catch me some legendaries.

I've beaten Alder now on Black. :D I've also gone around exploring everything except the Giant Chasm, so now all that's left the Giant Chasm and capturing Virizion and Terrakion. Whoo.

My team, if anybody cares. Do note that my in-game movesets will break any competitive battler's brain.

Excadrill
Excadrill lv. 71 (male)
Hardy/Sand Rush
Metal Claw
Cut
Rock Slide
Earthquake

This guy is pretty great. His moves aren't exactly the greatest thing in the world, but the multitude of resistances his Steel-type grants him makes up for his poor defenses and his Attack is pretty great, so Earthquake beats most everything and Rock Slide takes care of most of the rest. I hate using HM slaves; instead I prefer to worm the HMs in somewhere in a move slot I'm not really using anyway.

Serperior
Serperior lv. 71 (male)
Hasty/Overgrow
Slam
Coil
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade

Yes, Slam is the worst move ever, but I'm ridiculous and it just feels so good to take advantage of Coil's accuracy boost somehow. Well, actually, I was going to replace it with Strength, but he couldn't learn it when he was a Servine so I taught it to Dewott instead. I should probably do something about that already. But I CAN USE COIL AND SUDDENLY SLAM IS USABLE.

I love this guy, seriously. He's my starter proper, but kind of by accident; I meant to just get to a Pokémon Center, trade him over to White and then start over with an Oshawott (since I picked Tepig in White), but when I realized how long it takes before you gain the ability to trade, I just made an arrangement with Vixie to get an Oshawott from her instead. Meanwhile, though I was skeptical about Serperior beforehand thanks to the weird stat distribution, when I realized it learns Leech Seed, Leaf Blade and Coil I completely abandoned my plans to make him mostly Special-based and instead reveled in making him my go-to counter for everything physical. Leech Seed, Coil a few times, Leaf Blade/Slam them into oblivion, whoo.

Samurott
Samurott lv. 71 (male)
Naive/Torrent
False Swipe
Strength
Surf
Waterfall
The Oshawott I got from Vixie, all grown up. :D I actually taught him X-Scissor, but temporarily replaced it with False Swipe for some capturing I'm doing at the moment. I love having Surf and Waterfall both on my main in-game Water-type; I hate it when I have to go and switch my Pokémon around to get where I want because I don't have the HM I need. I should probably delete Strength, teach it to Serperior instead and give him X-Scissor in place of that, really.

Unfezant
Unfezant lv. 72 (male)
Gentle/Super Luck
Fly
Air Slash
Roost
Facade

I should probably teach him something decent, but he's doing okay like this. Can't say I'm overly fond of him, though; I'm considering training up a Sigilyph to possibly replace him.

Galvantula
Galvantula lv. 72 (male)
Gentle/Compoundeyes
Electro Ball
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Flash

He used to have Slash in that last slot, but I never used it ever, so when I went through whatsitsname cave where Cobalion is, I figured I might as well give him Flash there. I'm kind of planning to replace Discharge with Thunder, but I haven't bothered to buy the TM yet. My general strategy is to spam Discharge until the opponent is paralyzed, then use Electro Ball which by that point has 150 power. Though actually the opponent has usually fainted before that point.

Oh, and though his nature isn't very good, he has awesome IVs.

Chandelure
Chandelure lv. 73 (female)
Mild/Flame Body
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Hex

HER SPECIAL ATTACK IS MONSTROUS. I mean seriously. It's the best stat on my entire team including hit points. Anyway, she is supremely useful and I love her. Though I should really teach her something interesting over Hex. I never bother to go through my TMs because I'm not used to ever teaching anything TMs (curse you, previous games).

So that's my terrible in-game team! :D Now to catch me some legendaries.

I need some help before I fight the Elite Four... My Pokemon could hardly even survive Victory Road. So I'm just looking for some advice... other than leveling-up. Mainly I'm looking for suggestions on whether I should keep these Pokemon, or use other ones.

Serperior
Marta (F) - Lv 48
- Coil
- Growth
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

She's meant to be one of endurance, mostly. I know I'll need a lot of Elixirs for her.

Unfezant
King (F) - Lv 47
- Fly
- FeatherDance
- Roost
- Quick Attack

Leavanny
Semi (F) - Lv 48
- Slash
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade

Scraggy
Shoes (M) - Lv 47
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Rock Climb (Dragon Claw?)
- Brick Break

As stated above, I need help on deciding whether to keep Rock Climb or teach him Dragon Claw. I'm not evolving him because he's cute. I tried to train a Mienfoo with Regenerator, but it fainted in every single wild Pokemon battle in Victory Road that I tried to use it in, so basically I don't have the patience to evolve it into Mienshao.

Gigalith
Gaia (M) - Lv 46
- Rock Slide
- Strength
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

I should probably use him as my lead...

Durant
17 (M) - Lv 42, still training.
-X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Dig

I originally had a Liepard in his place, but I'm trying to use something that isn't always 1-hit KOed. Luckily he has Swarm so I won't have an accuracy penalty...

Last edited:

It now filters swears, slurs and derogatory terms. Apparently Bite is one, even though it's a move too :v
I don't know of that being anything offensive in English, so it's probably something in some other language. "Pine" is blocked because it's basically the French equivalent of "dick". (And the GTS is stricter and will also block based on substrings and doesn't even care if your Pokémon's name isn't a nickname—i.e. English Cofagrigus and Pineco get rejected without a nickname.)

Honestly, Victory Road is harder than the Elite Four, in my opinion, at least if your team doesn't happen to be exceptionally well-suited to battling Boldore and Durant (which yours isn't). On White I gave up on my training-everything rule at Victory Road to get through it with a specially-tailored team (that had two Fire-types and so on), then accidentally stumbled past the Elite Four guy without saving and subsequently won. Your team is around the same level as the Elite Four; considering I got through it in White with my Pokémon at (I believe) level 36 or so, I'm pretty damned sure you'll be fine.

Serperior: Why doesn't it have giga drain, if you didn't want it to go with leaf blade instead? Serperior's attack strength is so low even with boosting that you need the higher-powered moves; if you have a heart scale, I'd suggest going back and getting one of those two over mega drain. Unless you really really want that special attack boost, I'd also consider losing growth for aerial ace if you have the TM. If not, at least try strength or something so that it has more than one type of attacking move.

Unfezant: Honestly doesn't get any better than that, unless you want to teach it facade or something. :/ Its movepool is terrible, especially after steel wing was removed from the TMs and they took all the good tutors out. Fly should be enough to get you through, though.

Leavanny: Consider teaching it shadow claw instead of slash. It'd be nice to have against Shauntal should something happen to scraggy or durant. Probably not super-necessary, but if she gives you trouble then that might help.

Scraggy: You're actually better off with rock climb for now, if you don't mind the lower accuracy. Dragon claw will probably be more useful post-E4 (or at least, in the final two battles before endgame), but considering that both it and rock climb are non-STAB on scraggy and there's nothing weak to dragon in the E4 itself, rock climb's higher base power and confusion chance are a little more appealing.

Gigalith: Is probably okay, but maybe a move of a different type in smack down's place? Bulldoze or something? Ground-type moves aren't especially useful against most of this E4, but it's something, and it'll come in handier later.

Durant: Not terribly familiar with it, but moveset-wise that looks all right for now.

Honestly, level-wise your team is probably on par with where most people are when they take on the E4. I don't think too much grinding is really necessary. Diversifying their movesets should help a lot more, if you've got the TMs/heart scales for it.

I made a typo, Serperior actually knows Giga Drain. I've PP Maxed it, as well... I don't have a TM Aerial Ace, though. So for the other attacking move, I'll look for something with a good amount of PP... Strength actually sounds good. It will make Coil more useful; though I was going for a Special Attack boost with Growth, I'll keep Strength and see how it goes.

Also taught Leavanny Shadow Claw instead of Slash as you said, and taught Gigalith Bulldoze.

Unfortunately, taught Scraggy Dragon Claw out of eagerness and then saved, but I have a couple of Heart Scales, so I can just remember Rock Climb and re-teach it Dragon Claw later.

After I finish training, I'll stock up on Hyper Potions and try out the E4. Thanks for the help.

I don't know of that being anything offensive in English, so it's probably something in some other language.

Nope, it actually is kind of taboo in English. Bite has pretty much the same meaning of Suck, though I'm not sure if Suck is blocked too. It probably is v:

I made a typo, Serperior actually knows Giga Drain. I've PP Maxed it, as well... I don't have a TM Aerial Ace, though. So for the other attacking move, I'll look for something with a good amount of PP... Strength actually sounds good. It will make Coil more useful; though I was going for a Special Attack boost with Growth, I'll keep Strength and see how it goes.

Also taught Leavanny Shadow Claw instead of Slash as you said, and taught Gigalith Bulldoze.

Unfortunately, taught Scraggy Dragon Claw out of eagerness and then saved, but I have a couple of Heart Scales, so I can just remember Rock Climb and re-teach it Dragon Claw later.

After I finish training, I'll stock up on Hyper Potions and try out the E4. Thanks for the help.

Aerial ace is in Mistralton City; you talk to a kid in the house near the airport building, and then it should be sitting out on the runway. Sounds like you've already taught it strength, though, so see how that works for you first.

No problem. Good luck!

I just beat Elesa~

dewott
[Sleuth] Lv. 26

zorua
[ゲンキシ] Lv. 25

whimsicott
[Jade] Lv. 27

scraggy
[Dave] Lv. 28

emolga
[Tavros] Lv. 27

archen
[Karkat] Lv. 26

I don't know of that being anything offensive in English, so it's probably something in some other language. "Pine" is blocked because it's basically the French equivalent of "dick". (And the GTS is stricter and will also block based on substrings and doesn't even care if your Pokémon's name isn't a nickname—i.e. English Cofagrigus and Pineco get rejected without a nickname.)

Indeed, "la bite" is roughly the French equivalent of "cock", if I'm not mistaken. Funnily enough, the obsessively-gendering French language has decided that it's a feminine word. In fact, a cursory search via an online French dictionary showed only one masculine word for the male anatomy, but a metric shit-ton of feminine words for it. Those silly Frenchies.

EDIT: Actually I think I'll hide that under a spoiler tag for those who don't want to learn about the intricacies of French curse words for one's private regions.

I just beat Cynthia :D Yay. Now for a bit more training before challenging the Elite Four again.
Panpour (Aquamarine) | F | Lv. 72 | @ Mystic-Water
Moveset:
Surf
Crunch
Acrobatics
Scald
Eelektrik (Ajisuki) | M | Lv. 73 | @ Magnet
Moveset:
Crunch
Thunderbolt
Wild Charge
Zap Cannon
Golurk (Regi) | NA | Lv. 74 | @ Lucky-Egg
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Strength
Heavy Slam
DynamicPunch
Mienshao (Kojonda) | F | Lv. 75 | @ Scope-Lens
Moveset:
Aura Sphere
Drain Punch
Rock Slide
Bounce
Braviary (Aether) | M | Lv. 74 | @ Sharp-Beak
Moveset:
Brave Bird
Shadow Claw
Slash
Fly
Serperior (Sage) | M | Lv. 74 | @ Miracle-Seed
Moveset:
Giga Drain
Dragon Tail
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm

Yeah... I know a lot of my team needs an updated moveset, but I'm honestly not so good with those. I mean, I taught my Sage Dragon Tail in hopes of an advantage, but it honestly sucks. But, my Kojonda is amazing. She's scary. I mean it's because of her I can survive battles with 4 Pokemon of the opponent left. Slash on Aether is really not needed, mainly because I never use it. Any suggestions on what to switch out for it? I'm also thinking about getting Coil on both Sage and Ajisuki. I'm not a fan of stat moves, though. I also want my Regi to learn Earhquake, so I'm thinking of replacing Strength with it, and I might also teach it Ice Beam, though Heavy Slam can sometimes be killer. Though DynamicPunch has only 50 accuracy, I have crazy good luck with it and Ajisuki's Zap Cannon as well. I'm going to evolve Ajisuki very soon as well because I think I've reached the end of it's movepool. Now, I know I have to evolve Aquamarine. Now. But, it's gonna take a lot of courage. I mean, it's so cute. D: But, it's gonna be OHKO'd every single time I send it out for battle. Speaking of Aquamarine, I think I'm going to keep Scald mainly because of the chance of Burn, which is useful because of HP loss and Attack decrease. So... yeah.
Any suggestions or advice would be nice!

I've beat the E4 Twice after the main storyline already and this is the team I use normally.

SerperiorBig-Root
Luffy Lv.79
Ability: Overgrow
-Leaf Blade
-Wring Out
-Giga Drain
-Leaf Storm
Zoroark
Fade Lv.81
Ability: Illusion
-Foul Play
-Night Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Night Daze
ReuniclusShell-Bell
Azuma Lv.79
Ability: Magic Guard
-Psyshock
-Dizzy Punch
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
SimipourMystic-Water
Hydro Lv.76
Ability: Gluttony
-Scald
-Blizzard
-Waterfall
-Surf
KyuremDragon-Fang
Kyurem Lv.76
Ability: Pressure
-Glaciate
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly
-Dragon Claw

Kyurem is there as a placeholder, so I need two other pokemon on this team... Any Suggestions?

All I really have to say is that you should have evolved your Eelektrik a few dozen levels ago.
EDIT: Damn ninjas

I honestly wish less people used golurk D: It's hard to find someone actually suited for using it. The same thing for garbodor and emboar, but those two aren't necessarily used as much :v

Yeah, I just discovered the last move of the movepool was Thrash. -sigh-
Edit: Gah, ninjas...

zweilous

♀ | lv. 52

darmanitan

♀ | lv. 50

samurott

♂ | lv. 51

zebstrika

lucaetius | ♂ | lv. 50