• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

guy standing behind you

Trying to be active again!
Alright, I guess I should get to the point...
I'm a decent writer, and have already posted some stories in the writing thread. But recently, I have had some trouble with inspiration, so I will be listening to your ideas, and may possibly write a one-shot story based on these ideas. Feedback is appreciated. Yay!!!!!!!!

Well hey howdy hey. Write a science-fantasy (science fiction in its own entirely separate universe; read: Avatar) in stream-of-consciousness. The main character should be a cowboy who can move faster than the average human being that finds himself selected as a peacekeeper between the humans and another race.

So you like insane stories? Then I know a good place to get ideas. You should probably visit the story generator section of Seventhsanctum.com. It told me to write a story about a weird adventure featuring a corrupt repairman as the main character =3 Here's a link.

EDIT: Oh, and dont take my corrupt repairman adventure! After I make some edits, I'm gonna use it >=3

It didn't turn out quite as planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they found me, I was just a kid. I was alone. The only things I had with me were my clothes. I was found in the desert beyond the Dream Forest, where the Thoros live. I was given to an old couple who never had any children of their own, but they never trusted me. No one ever trusted me.

I always knew that I was different. I could always run faster than anyone else. I was always stronger. So they called me a freak. They called me different. They hated me. Everyone hated me. No one ever trusted me.

Except for Io.
I only ever had three friends. The first was my gun. It never left me. The second was my bottle, which always left, but another would replace it. The third was Io.

Io was a Thoros, one of the strange, violet-eyed people who inhabited the Dream Forest. She was special. She was the only person that I had ever met outside the boundries of the Center. I had heard stories that the Thoros were visious and cruel. But these were not true. She was amazing. She was kind. She was the only one I ever loved.

I tried to bring us closer, but those I knew just pushed away. They called it an ambomanation.

I loved her.

I knew that not everyone would want the humans and the Thoros brought closer. Unfortunetly, one person who didn't agree had a gun.

They ruined our chance.

I'm sorry.

I loved you.

Io.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feedback is appreciated!

I love it. I would actually love to see this story explained. I especially like the bit about the gun and bottle. The spacing and dynamic short paragraphs are perfect for a prologue or back-cover teaser. Aside from a couple of spelling errors it's really cool.

Back
Top Bottom