• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hyde vs. Dave Stryder (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Marshlands' Bridge

With nothing but marsh as far as the eye can see, pokemon should stay on the walking path to avoid getting soaked. Thankfully, the wooden bridge here is not only elevated, but wide and sturdy enough to support even the largest of pokemon. Perhaps predictably, many water's edge pokemon reside here. The river that cuts through the Marshlands is vast and extremely rough and fast moving. Only the most experienced of swimmers can brave its wicked current.
Hyde's Active Squad
Staryu
Rachel (Genderless)
Ability: Natural Cure
Move Mod: Spotlight

Gastly
Niska (Male)
Ability: Levitate
Move Mod: Bogart

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Ability: Static
Move Mod: Triboelectric Effect

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Ability: Serene Grace
Body Mod: Serene Metronome

Ekans
Doakes (Male)
Ability: Shed Skin

Magnemite
Zerzin (Genderless)
Ability: Magnet Pull
Move Mod: Magnet Drain

Beedrill
Muzencab (Male)
Ability: Swarm
Body Mod: Hyper Awareness

Spinarak
Paranoid Arachnoid (Female)
Ability: Insomnia
Move Mod: Hallucinatory Mania
Body Mod: Acute Paranoia

Dave Stryder's Active Squad
Psyduck
Medium (Male)
Ability: Damp
Move Mod: Headache Burst
Body Mod: Psychic Power

Doduo
Dodo (Male)
Ability: Early Bird

Meowth
Scratch (Male)
Ability: Pickup

Hoothoot
Simon (Male)
Ability: Insomnia

picture.php

Andy (Male)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Move Mod: ABHE move (Magical Leaf)

Spoink
Zoe (Female)
Ability: Own Tempo

Spiritomb
Jibakurei (Male)
Ability: Pressure

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Unspecified)
Ability: Solid Rock

Bulbasaur
Florence (Female)
Ability: Overgrow

Growlithe
Limobos (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Fire Stone

First Round
- Hyde sends out, and I glare at him for making me sift through that right-aligned profile
- Dave Stryder sends out and attacks
- Hyde attacks, and I continue to glare at him
- I ref

Also Dave, your Cragon's gender is still absent from your profile.

Thanks for taking this, Squorn.
I'll start with Cragon, the male Dragomelet.

Okay, start with Rock Polish, follow up with Dragon Pulse, and finally use Iron Tail. If Mal uses Protect or on action 2 or 3, then use Rock Polish instead. If she either Paralyzes, burns, or poisons you in some way, then use Facade.

Rock Polish/Facade
~ Dragon Pulse/Rock Polish/Facade ~ Iron Tail/Rock Polish/Facade

I hate battling fakemon! I have no idea what they are. Sigh.

Alright, Mal, let's do it. Even with Rock Polish, Cragon shouldn't outspeed us - but either way, Focus Punch on the first action. Then set up a Light Screen if you're faster, or if you're too slow, Mimic and use Dragon Pulse, and Counter that Iron Tail. Unless the Iron Tail misses, in which case, use Barrier.

Focus Punch ~ Light Screen / Mimic (Dragon Pulse) ~ Counter / Barrier

2vs2 single

With nothing but marsh as far as the eye can see, pokemon should stay on the walking path to avoid getting soaked. Thankfully, the wooden bridge here is not only elevated, but wide and sturdy enough to support even the largest of pokemon. Perhaps predictably, many water's edge pokemon reside here. The river that cuts through the Marshlands is vast and extremely rough and fast moving. Only the most experienced of swimmers can brave its wicked current.
Pre-Round Notes
Three people out for a walk in the marshlands. Nothing unusual there, right? It's a healthy and fun hike! Or at least that's what the three were thinking when they set out, but now they've come to realize that walking through marshlands is not only difficult but boring. And one of them has already nearly lost a boot. When they happen to come across a bridge, the vote is unanimous: they will take a rest. And then leave the marsh. The female of the group calls up the league on her trusty cellphone (she always carries referee equipment), asking them to send out three Staraptor or Aerodactyl or some other flying type that can carry them, and is informed that doe to their remote location, there's going to be a wait. While wondering what to do to pass the time, the idea of a battle comes up; it is immediately siezed upon and the two males run to opposite ends of the bridge, throwing their Pokéballs forward. One forms into an Elekid, the other into some kind of dragon-egg thing; Squornshellous Beta, assuming the role of the referee, takes out her trusty Asber Pokémon Guide, and flips to the page for Dragomelet. She sits down on one of the conveniently-heighted handrails at the edge of the bridge, and gives the signal for the battle to begin.

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Hey look, a river! Looks like there are Pokémon down there, too.
Commands: Focus Punch ~ Light Screen / Mimic (Dragon Pulse) ~ Counter / Barrier
Signature Move: Triboelectric Effect

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Energy: 100%
Status: So, um... this place looks... wet. I don't like wet.
Commands: Rock Polish / Facade ~ Dragon Pulse / Rock Polish / Facade ~ Iron Tail / Rock Polish / Facade

Round 1 Begin!

Mal begins his attack almost immediately, clenching his hand into a tight fist and concentrating his energy into it, which becomes visible as a very slight - but intensifying - reddish-white glow. Cragon, on the other hand, hops over to the edge of the bridge, and begins rubbing himself on the posts there. While he mostly carves the post away, there is something of a smoothing effect on his rough stone hide, and the knobbly lumps that previously would have caused significant drag have been worn away. He hops back to the middle of the bridge, noting that he even feels faster, and looks back at Mal just in time to see the Elekid finish charging up his attack. In the space of about a second, Mal leaps up, fist glowing painfully bright, and dashes towards Cragon, leaping into the air at the very last second; he lunges downwards and punches Cragon with sufficient force to send out a small shockwave, accompanied by a loud cracking noise. With the same bizarre speed, Mal darts back to his own end of the bridge, and then turns to look at Cragon. The egg-dragon is in a bad way now, a network of fine cracks - and some not-so-fine ones - running over the majority of his body. The dragon inside, though, was mostly protected, though badly battered.

Despite Cragon's increased speed, Mal is still very significantly faster, and so he is the first to move, though 'move' is not all that accurate as a description - he stands still and closes his eyes, concentrating, until a faint, translucent white barrier suddenly flickers into existence around him. Cragon, when he finally manages to ascertain that there are no major holes in his armor and no broken bones, sticks his head out of the front of his egg once again, and then opens his mouth wide. Suddenly, a rippling wave of blue, dragon-type energy emerges, not seeming 'spat out' by Cragon so much as 'exhaled'. When the energy reaches the shield, there is a loud fizzling sound as half of the energy goes to waste burning a small hole in the shield; the rest flows through and strikes Mal in the chest, searing his skin even as the shield repairs itself.

Realizing that special attacks will get him nowhere, Cragon instead hops forward, his slow progress carefully observed by Mal; when he reaches the shield, he leaps into the air far higher than he should, by all rights, be able to, then hurtles straight through the barrier - it doesn't impede physical objects' progress at all, he notes - with his tail, by now, glowing bright white, and hits Mal in the head with a dull thud. Mal rubs his head irritably, and then glares at the retreating egg-rock. He closes his eyes once more and concentrates hard, and then a red aura spreads from his head to cover his body, then localizes itself in one fist; he runs forward, much slower than before, and delivers a solid punch to Cragon's back, wincing slightly when he hits the hard rock. The red aura pours itself into Cragon's body, searing the half-formed dragon for twice the damage he dealt Mal; the Elekid himself has by now returned to the safety of his protective bubble. Cragon glares at him as the round draws to a close.

Round 1 End!

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Health: 85%
Energy: 80%
Status: I officialy dislike Dragomelet. Light Screen in effect (three more rounds).
Attacks Used: Focus Punch ~ Light Screen ~ Counter

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 65% (CAPPED)
Attacks Used: Rock Polish ~ Dragon Pulse ~ Iron Tail

Damage / Energy Calculations
Focus Punch - 25% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 62, needed 100 to miss)
Rock Polish - 4% energy
Light Screen - 3% energy
Dragon Pulse - 6% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 7, needed 100 to miss)
Iron Tail - 9% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 15, needed 75 or above to miss)
Counter - 18% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 64, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Reffing them isn't too easy either, I don't have much to go on for their behaviour and such >:/
- Hyde's right - Cragon's speed with +6 would be effectively 85, and Elekid obviously have 95.
- I think this is a record for the most writing in one of my reffings, especially if you count the pre-round notes.
- Focus Punch was a critical hit. Even with Solid Rock, that's.. ouch.
- Mal hit the damage cap with his Counter.

Arena Notes
- One of the posts, opposite to where Squornshellous Beta is sitting, has been stripped almost to nothing by Cragon's shell.
- There's a splintered area around Cragon from the Focus Punch shockwave.

Next Round
- Hyde Attacks
- Dave Stryder Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Well, I think the reffing is really good, so... yep! :] Even with a fakemon, heh. (I think Rock Polish is +2 to speed, though, unless you detracted from speed for something.) And I'm just gonna stick this link here so I don't have to go digging for it every time.

Alright, Mal, battling with you is always fun. Let's see... right! Here's our tactic for the round. Grab Cragon with Seismic Toss and toss him into the river, off the ramp. From there he should only be able to reach you with special attacks, if at all. Follow this up with a Thunder Wave, to make getting back on the ramp even more cumbersome, and a Thunderbolt.

If he protects/detects, replace your action with chill and move whatever attack you were supposed to do to the next action. If you've reached the third action and haven't tossed him into the river, go ahead and Brick Break him.

Seismic Toss / Chill ~ Seismic Toss / Thunder Wave / Chill ~ Brick Break / Thunderbolt / Chill

Last edited:
You are correct, Rock Polish is indeed a +2. I failed to properly read the Bulbapedia article.

(Also, your tag is broken and there's an extra tilde at the end of your command string)

Hmmm, right then. We've taken a lot of damage so lets do better this time.

If you think you can manage this, use Dragon Pulse when she gets close to you. If you can't, and you end up in the water, just get out of the water as quick as you can. If you're not in the water by the end of this action, and you can't do the first strategy, use Dragonbreath.

Action two, if you're out of the water, Toxic, and if you're still in the river keep trying to get out again.

Action 3, If you're on the bridge, use Scary Face. and if you're not, try to get back on.

Dragon Pulse/Get out of the river/Dragonbreath ~ Toxic/Get out of the river ~ Scary Face/Get out of river

2vs2 single

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Status: I officialy dislike Dragomelet. Light Screen in effect (three more rounds).
Attacks Used: Seismic Toss / Chill ~ Seismic Toss / Thunder Wave / Chill ~ Brick Break / Thunderbolt / Chill
Commands: Triboelectric Effect

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 65% (CAPPED)
Commands: Dragon Pulse / Get out of the river / Dragonbreath ~ Toxic / Get out of the river ~ Scary Face / Get out of river

Round 2 Begin!

Knowing that he has to move fast or risk being hit by another Dragon Pulse, Mal runs forward at top speed, darting around to the back of the egg to avoid its powerul jaws, and then picks him up; though he struggles with all his might, he cannot free himself from the Elekid's iron grip, and Mal carries him slowly, relentlessly over to the edge of the bridge, then throws him with all the force he can muster, straight into the river. Squornshellous leaps to her feet, reaching for the League's Floatzel's Pokéball on her belt, ready to save the Pokémon, which she knows cannot swim. She may as well have not, though, because not only is Cragon lost to sight in the fast-flowing current of the river - even Floatzel cannot see through white-water rapids - but there seems to be some other activity going on down there. The only thing that can be clearly made out, though, is a hint of golden sparkling moving quickly towards the spot where Cragon sank like a... well, like a stone.

Even Mal looks worried, realizing that the tiny dragon would be struggling around underwater and using up his oxygen fast, until suddenly a large, plasticy-looking bubble surfaces with a very surprised-looking Cragon inside. As the trainers wonder just why this might be, the golden shape surfaces, revealing itself to be a sparkling, golden Azumarill, which grabs onto the bubble to prevent it being washed downstream. Now knowing that Cragon is okay, Mal begins his next move; he gathers his spare static electricity into his horns, then discharging it all at once in the direction of the sparkling Azumarill; it misses its mark wildly, and the Azumarill turns to glare at Mal for disturbing the river. It returns its attention to the bubble, and finally finishes pushing it to the land; it jabs the bubble sharply with its paw, and the bubble pops, leaving Cragon free to begin his journey back to the bridge. While waiting, Squornshellous takes the opportunity to inform everyone present that Azumarill have a tendency to create those kind of durable bubbles to help drowning people or Pokémon, and that this Azumarill is likely a self-assigned guardian of the river; it will save any Pokémon that might fall in. Azumarill have also developed an extremely sophisticated method to see in foamy and silty waters, she notes as Cragon finally makes it back to the bridge.

Taking the advantage inherent in using electricity on a soaked opponent, Mal begins spinning his arms round in very very fast circles, generating electricity until he is positively glowing with it, at which point he launches it as one blast at the Dragomelet. The tiny dragon briefly screams in pain as he lights up like a christmas lamp, but quickly recovers; he then begins using a malicious technique; his features seem to stretch grotesquely, his tiny fangs lengthening... the Elekid stares on in horror but suddenly, improbably, Cragon sparkles with electricity and snaps his jaws shut as his muscles all contract simeltaneously, unresponsive despite his sudden panic. The paralysis passes quickly, but Cragon is extremely worried in case it should happen again.

Round 2 End!

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Energy: 62%
Status: *Shivers* That was creepy... Light Screen in effect (two more rounds).
Attacks Used: Seismic Toss ~ Thunder Wave ~ Thunderbolt

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 51%
Energy: 74%
Status: Argh, what just happened? Speed +2, paralyzed (mild; 2% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 25% chance of full paralysis)
Attacks Used: Get out of the river ~ Get out of the river ~ [paralyzed]

Seismic Toss - 4% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 30, needed 100 to miss)
Flailing around in the water - 3% energy
Thinder Wave - 4% energy (accuracy roll 63, needed 55 or above to miss)
Thunderbolt - 10% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 64, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- For the record, anything that gets knocked into the water and can't swim will be saved by the shiny Azumarill at the end of the next action.
- Seismic Toss's power was significantly weakened because Cragon was thrown into the water, as opposed to onto a hard surface.
- Due to the distance between Mal and Cragon, Thunder Wave's accuracy roll was significantly lowered.
- In a tremendous bout of bad luck, Thunderbolt paralyzed Cragon, and then he was fully paralyzed on action three.

Arena Notes
- One of the posts, opposite to where Squornshellous Beta is sitting, has been stripped almost to nothing by Cragon's shell.

Next Round
- Dave Stryder Attacks
- Hyde Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Well, this isn't going well at all.

Start off by using Scary Face, followed by two Facade's.
If she uses Protect, use Iron Defense instead of whatever move you were supposed to be using. If you end up in the river again, use Dragonbreath until you get out.

Scary Face/Iron Defense/Dragonbreath ~ Facade/Iron Defense/Dragonbreath ~ Facade/Iron Defense/Dragonbreath

Light Screen should probably have only 2 more rounds. (Also grr at azumarill. :|)

I thought I was pretty clear about what happens when you don't attack! Start off with Focus Punch, Mal. Then wait for Cragon to get nice a close to you for his Facade - let him start facading, even, if necessary, just make sure you'll hit him - and Dynamicpunch him. Action three, if you've managed to hit with Dynamicpunch, try a Triboelectric Effect - if Cragon uses facade, wait till he's about to use it and use your attacks' speed to dodge it and hit him as well. If Dynamicpunch didn't hit, though, Counter that facade.

Boy am I glad statuses don't stack in terms of facade damage.

Focus Punch ~ Dynamicpunch ~ Triboelectric Effect / Counter

2vs2 single

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Energy: 62%
Status: *Shivers* That was creepy... Light Screen in effect (two more rounds).
Commands: Focus Punch ~ Dynamicpunch ~ Triboelectric Effect / Counter

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 51%
Energy: 74%
Status: Argh, what just happened? Speed +2, paralyzed (mild; 2% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 25% chance of full paralysis)
Commands: Scary Face / Iron Defense / Dragonbreath ~ Facade / Iron Defense / Dragonbreath ~ Facade / Iron Defense / Dragonbreath

Round 3 Begin!

Knowing that the Dragomelet is not going to directly attack him, Mal begins concentrating his energy into his fist once more, a faint glow becoming visible almost immediately. Cragon himself, struggling against his unresponsive muscles, is completely unable to use his attack, and can only watch helplessly as Mal's fist brightens slowly, and, once it reaches near-unbearable levels, his eyes suddenly snap open, and he leaps up; he runs forward at a fantastic speed, drawing his arm back; and when he is mere centimetres away from Cagon's immobile face, he throws his fist forward in a punch of tremendous power, hurling Cragon backwards and straight into one of the posts on the edge of the bridge, which snaps straight in force but manages to stop Cragon's progress.

Snickering, Mal moves closer to Cragon, inviting him to attack; Cragon hops slowly forward, fighting his muscles every step of the way, and then, reaching Mal's shield, stops and glares; suddenly, his mind is filled with frustrations - he's soaking wet, he nearly drowned, his opponent has stayed high and dry and now he has to fight just to move - and he hurls himself forward, beating Mal mercilessly with his tail. Mal winces under the assault, but begins once again charging energy into his fist, and once Cragon spins around to attempt to bite Mal, he punches him straight on the top of the head. Cragon's assault stops immediately.

As Cragon once again attempts to attack, Mal's body suddenly glows brightly with electicity; he dashes around the back of Cragon and punches him lightly, the shock scorching his rocky exterior but failing to leave a permanent mark. The impact, light though it is, is enough to cause Cragon, in its dazed state, to topple over forwards and bash its nose on the bridge. Cragon stands up wobbily as the round draws to a close.

Round 3 End!

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Health: 72%
Energy: 39%
Status: Hahahahaha! Got it right on the nose! Light Screen in effect (one more round).
Attacks Used: Focus Punch ~ Dynamicpunch ~ Triboelectric Effect

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 16%
Energy: 64%
Status: By dose! Speed +2, paralyzed (mild; 2% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 25% chance of full paralysis), confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail)
Attacks Used: [paralyzed] ~ Facade ~ [confused]

Focus Punch - 18% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 63, needed 100 to miss)
Facade - 13% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 80, needed 100 to miss)
Dynamicpunch - 11% damage, 9% energy
Triboelectric Effect - 2% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 33, needed 100 to miss)
Confusionfail - 4% damage (Cragon)

Notes
- Fixed. And we can't have non-swimmers drowning, can we? We need something to save them.
- Triboelectric Effect did not cause a burn.
- Dynamicpunch could not miss due to its proximity.
- Did you know? Cragon's speed is currently 11.25.
- Energy-intensive round there for Mal! And Cragon took exactly 35% damage, which I don't count as technically hitting the damage cap.

Arena Notes
- Another post has been snapped in half where Cragon was slammed into it.

Next Round
- Hyde Attacks
- Dave Stryder Attacks
- I ref

Why can't we have non-swimmers drown? >| Easiest win ever, I say.

Mal, Chill on all actions where Cragon is fully paralyzed or confused, or if he protects/detects for some reason, or uses a non-damaging attack in general. If he manages to attack, Protect once, and Thunder Wave any following attempts.

Chill / Protect ~ Chill / Protect / Thunder Wave x2

2vs2 single

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Energy: 39%
Status: Hahahahaha! Got it right on the nose! Light Screen in effect (one more round).
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 16%
Energy: 64%
Status: By dose! Speed +2, paralyzed (mild; 2% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 25% chance of full paralysis), confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail)
Attacks Used: Rest ~ Rest ~ Rest

Round 3 Begin!

Both Pokémon have the same idea as this round begins, with Mal the fist to execute it; he, quite simply, lies down and drifts off to sleep. Cragon is slightly more hesitant about sleeping in a battle situation, but seeing his opponent asleep, he decides he is in no danger, and pulls his head further into his egg, also falling asleep.

Several minutes pass, the only sounds the rushing of the river, the calling of the Pokémon on the marsh, and Squornshellous Beta rustling through her Guide, occasionally reading out an interesting fact as she comes to it - did you know that Drifloon are thought to be the spirit of a burst balloon? The X is said to be tape covering the hole! And so forth. Meanwhile, the trainers watch, bored, as their Pokémon remain absolutely inert.

Finally, after what feels like an excruciatingly long time to the trainers, who by now are sxanning the skies for the League's Pokémon, the Elekid stirs; he picks himself up blearily, and regads his sleeping opponent with a critical eye. Hey, you can't fall asleep in battle... only I get to do that! The Elekid's shout wakes up the Dragomelet, who pokes out of the hole in the front of his egg once more. He glares at his opponent, and suddenly, as if on cue, the tanslucent barrier protecting Mal fades away, leaving him to shield his eyes in horror as the sun seems so much brighter.

Round 3 End!

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Energy: 69%
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Energy: 22%
Attacks Used: Rest ~ Rest ~ Rest

Chill - restored 10% energy (Mal)
Rest - restored 84% health (Cragon), 42% energy

Notes
- We are not killing off the non-swimmers. >:/
- Wow, this was quite possibly the most boring round I've ever written.
- Hrrrrrrrrrrng my R key sticks :/ There may be some R-related typos in there

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Dave Stryder Attacks
- Hyde Attacks
- I ref

Hoorah for full health!

Use Toxic first, if Mal protects though, use Defence Curl. After that, Stone Edge for the next two actions if you used Toxic, but use Rollout for two actions if you used Defence Curl. If she uses Protect on either action 2 or 3, use Chill.

Toxic/Defence Curl ~ Stone Edge/Rollout/Chill x 2

Hmmm.

Toss him into the river with Psychic. Should spend two actions getting out, so Chill for a moment, and toss him back in on third action with another Psychic. Yeah, I'm gonna go for energy-kill here. :|

If for some reason he doesn't end up in the river, Counter those Stone Edges.

Psychic ~ Chill / Counter ~ Psychic / Counter

2vs2 single

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Energy: 69%
Attacks Used: Psychic ~ Chill / Counter ~ Psychic / Counter

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Energy: 22%
Attacks Used: Toxic / Defence Curl ~ Stone Edge / Rollout / Chill ~ Stone Edge / Rollout / Chill

Round 5 Begin!

Mal starts off the round by tapping into the mental energies that all Pokémon posess, though he is not particularly proficient with them and thus it is particularly difficult. His eyes flicker a few times before taking on a solid pink glow, and Cragon is slowly enveloped in that same glow, whereupon he finds himself slowly and steadily lifting up. He struggles against the force, but in vain; when he gets high enough, he is simply thrown in a perfect parabolic arc over the edge of the bridge, straight into the water. Instinctively, he begins flailing around in the water, while Mal leans against a post and takes a breather, allowing his body's natural healing processes restore his energy. Knowing that this takes a few minutes, he hopes that the golden Azumarill will take some time to arrive, and his hopes are not in vain - she arrives just in time to save Cragon, the tiny pocket of air his egg afforded having been almost entirely used up. Over the span of a few minutes, she nudges the safely-encapsulated Cragon over to the bridge and, safely on the bank, bursts the bubble, allowing Cragon to hop back onto the bridge, where a refreshed Mal stretches and gets ready to go. Once again, he taps into his mental energies, throwing Cragon into the water; this time, though, the Azumarill has him on the shore in less than a minute, since she was only a few short metres away from the splash. Cragon growls his irritation at this tactic at Mal as the round draws to a close.

Round 5 End!

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Elekid
Mal (Male)
Energy: 51%
Attacks Used: Psychic ~ Chill ~ Psychic

Team Dave Stryder
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

10ru25j.gif

Cragon (Male)
Health: 94%
Energy: 13%
Attacks Used: Flailing around in the water ~ Flailing around in the water ~ Flailing around in the water

Psychic - 3% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 22, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 3% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 61, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- The golden Azumarill gets faster if you throw a Pokémon in twice in rapid succession, because she doesn't have time to get very far away.
- Since Psychic was used to physically manipulate Cragon rather than directly attack him, the damage was slashed and the energy slightly raised. It also had no chance of lowering special defense.
- Whoo one-paragraph round! I tried splitting it into paragraphs but each of the last two was so short that it looked better as one.

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Hyde Attacks
- Dave Stryder Attacks
- I ref

>| Should've taken an extra action to get back on the bridge! Now my plans are ruined[/b]. You're a mean ref.

Fine then. Without taunt, we'll have to figure out something more... sinister. Alright, Thunder Wave, since that seemed to worsen his energy usage, then Seismic Toss him back in that river. Preferably away from that damned azumarill. :| Chill while he's getting out, or if it only takes one action (damn you), might as well worsen his paralysis with another Thunder Wave.

And of course, if he protects on any action, Chill instead, and move your intended attack to the next action.

Thunder Wave / Chill ~ Thunder Wave / Chill / Seismic Toss ~ Seismic Toss / Chill / Thunder Wave

Back
Top Bottom