• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

SECRET BASES!!

:o I didn't think of that! hopefully they'll be better than they were in the underground in d/p/pt

I am so pumped though the music alone is enough to have me freaking out. (can't wait for route 113 in the 3ds soundfronts :D)

I wish I had a Nintendo 3DS! And free time...

A "continuation of the story" rather than just a remake would be awesome. There's so much opportunity for cool stories in Pokémon games, rather than only the typical "get the gym badges and beat the evil team" kind of thing.

I think it's a straight remake - on the Pokémon.com page for them it's all "Ruby and Sapphire came out in 2003, now it's time for a new generation of Pokémon fans to experience the epic story" which would be kind of a non-sequitur otherwise.

Oddly, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the music remixes. I always thought R/S/E had a lot of really nice melodies.

The Gym Leader battle and the Frontier Brain themes are excellent.

I will be sorely disappointed if they render the Mt. Chimney battle poorly. That's like one of the best scenes ever.

I wonder if Sootopolis will be like Lumiose in that it's circular and the gym is in the middle?

Also I wonder how many of these will end up being true/stupid sounding.

Also I wonder if they'll still have character customization and if they do, whether they'll look like Brendan/May by default and also if the male characters will actually have decent clothes this time.
Also the gym leaders etc will have close-up pictures like they do in XY probably! How we can know for sure if that's Winona's hair or just helmet tassels.

I'd like contests but I'd hope they'd develop them a bit from last time, and maybe make you able to "train" your Pokémon for contests in amie. Sort of like Nintendogs except not at all.

I actually liked the male clothing selection in XY. And I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't bring customization into the remakes given the amount of work that had to go into installing them for XY. But then, I guess maybe they don't want to commit to doing it again in future games.

Also music yesssss.

So hey, has anyone noticed how the cover legendaries look slightly different?

Is it possible, perhaps, that they could be mega evolutions?

A "continuation of the story" rather than just a remake would be awesome.

These are probably remakes for the most part. Even if they do do a BW2 kind of thing, they'd probably do remakes as well. If they're going to go to the effort of making Hoenn in 3D, they may as well make remakes since otherwise they'd just be throwing away an opportunity to print money.

Oddly, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the music remixes. I always thought R/S/E had a lot of really nice melodies.

That's not really odd, I think RSE has some amazing music!
I look forward to hearing the trumpets but without the whine that the gameboy made that I didn't like.

I look forward to hearing the trumpets but without the whine that the gameboy made that I didn't like.
B-but the GBA trumpets are the absolute best thing! I legitimately love the funky sound aah
Echoing that R/S/E has some of the best music, though (I'm currently hyping myself by listening to the soundtrack)! I especially love the themes of Verdanturf and Sootopolis ;u;

I really hope the games have a key item similar to the GB Sounds in HG/SS for that extra nostalgia bonus :B

Oh lord yes the Hoenn gym leader theme is like my favourite Pokémon music ever or something aaaa.

I think it's a straight remake - on the Pokémon.com page for them it's all "Ruby and Sapphire came out in 2003, now it's time for a new generation of Pokémon fans to experience the epic story" which would be kind of a non-sequitur otherwise.

Satoru Iwata said:
The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, “Pokémon Omega Ruby” and “Pokémon Alpha Sapphire” will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance “Pokémon Ruby” and “Pokémon Sapphire” games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide. (Source)

Fret not, they are indeed remakes.

SAPPHIIIIIIIIIRE

I'm so excited. Though it does mean I'm going to have to get a 2/3DS (can finally play X/Y though I guess). But GEN III. Dive and Sootopolis and the ash fields and Aqua and Fortree and bases and Steven and the weather and the Regis and the Acro bike and aaaaaaaaa

Trumpets seem to be the most anticipated features of these games

I never did get back to you with playing the Gym Leader Theme from RSE on trumpet. And I promised that like what, five, six damn years ago?
Well whatever, you can now have Improved Trumpets playing the same theme.

Back
Top Bottom