• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Lucario's Sprites

Auraflash

Keep ya head downn~
Ok, I will display some of my sprites I have made since I began a year ago.
2q8c5qc.png
2eq7706.jpg
t80tqb.jpg
1234m89.jpg
fc2ssj.png

Oh, oops, I didn't do a very good job shriinking it back for the charanitar. Well, I'll have to re-upload again...later next week.

The Mightyena/Houndoom looks really good, but the horn in the back looks a little odd, because it doesn't seem to curl back the same was the other horn does.

I really like the Torchic/Piplup, though the outline on the belly looks really light, so maybe you could darken it a little to make it look more like the real sprites.

Thanks for the feedback everybody! Now, most of these sprites are like, REALLY old, and that was when I was still a newbie at spriting. Plus when I uploaded them, I was in a rush. I am currently making a pixel over, so I will post it when I get the time. Later today, I will post more sprites, edit others and post on a later date, and finish the rest of my Spanish HW.

Last edited:
2r5evt1.png

I really like this. I especially like what you did with the claws. However, the purple in the back seems a bit off compared to all the blue/white/black going on. I suggest coloring it blue and see how it looks then.

211udk.png

Nice. Not much to say.

2r25awn.png

It's good, but the wings seem a bit disconnected, as if they've been glued on with gorilla glue. The tail also looks a bit detached - Maybe try shortening them a bit to make them look more part of the sprite.

2dahhg5.png

I like this, is it just a recolor? It's good.

ea0cr8.png

This is okay, but it looks..It looks sort of like the shell is too big for the body. Do you know what I mean? Maybe if you positioned the limbs, and head, differently then it'd look more attached. Try coloring a little more of the area around the arms and legs orange, too, so it doesn't look like the shell just cut them off.

2j68ytw.png

This is good too, I like your color choices.

Okay, that's all my crit, hope it's appreciated!

Thanks for the help :D
Whew. Now, sorry for the delay, I was forced off the computer because my younger sibling had to do some English HW. I uploaded only one for now, I took a look at my other sprites and thought "This all sucks. Time for new ones." Now, here's only one I actually thought was decent, although I think it needs more work and editing.
rwnndy.png

I never thought I would need a couple DAYS for one pixel over. I am STILL shading.

Thanks for the help :D
Whew. Now, sorry for the delay, I was forced off the computer because my younger sibling had to do some English HW. I uploaded only one for now, I took a look at my other sprites and thought "This all sucks. Time for new ones." Now, here's only one I actually thought was decent, although I think it needs more work and editing.
rwnndy.png

I never thought I would need a couple DAYS for one pixel over. I am STILL shading.

I agree that it needs a little edditting, only on the other thigh: coloring is a bit off, the tail: looks a bit sliced off, and lastly the outline is a bit screwed up since this was a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald sprite; just color it a little more

Yes, you are right Starly. I just need to pay attention to what I'm doing and focus on shading.

And making sprites at 2AM in the morning isn't really helpful.(I spend the afternoons doing all of my homework O.o)

Yes, you are right Starly. I just need to pay attention to what I'm doing and focus on shading.

And making sprites at 2AM in the morning isn't really helpful.(I spend the afternoons doing all of my homework O.o)

What I would usually do was to revamp the sprite that is not the most recent, and then start splicing and editing

Whew... I'm back. I am still sick. I was sick since Tuesday I think. Anyways, I revamped a Silver Arcanine sprite. I still nedd more time with that pixel over.

1zbf2oz.jpg

I hope it came out okay... this is my second revamp. All I did before was regular recolors and splices because back then I wasn't interested in old sprites.

That's a great revamp! The only problem is... you saved it as Jpeg. Never save sprites as Jpeg... always PNG or Bitmap, although I recommend PNG because it takes less disk space.

I still love the way it came out, and I don't know whether it's because you saved it as a Jpeg or not, but there seems to be too much shading on the ear...

I think that Tinypic always saves things as Jpeg without changing their appearance. Perhaps you should smooth out the shading so it's not a "checkerboard" of alternating pixels; check out the shading on the newest sprites if you think that the shading doesn't look right after you do that.

Alright, I'll do that. Now here's an updated Luxray/Raikou
2nhepnc.png

I followed Cubaser's suggestions for this sprite. It turned out okay, I guess.

The shading on the tail looks rather odd, since there is some shading on the bottom, where the light isn't. The shades on the body also don't have a lot of contrast, and the rear paw that we can fully see shouldn't be completely shaded.

And that sprite is from both Gold and Crystal. ;)

Oh, I guess when I was shading, I must've forgotten entirely about that rear paw's shading. :huh:

About the tail, I was trying to mimick an Advance generation sprite. :sweatdrop:Go see for yourself.

Darksong, I've never met anybody who can give critizism for art that detailed. If only my classmates could give that kind of feedback on my essays.:unsure:

316vn8n.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom