• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Baby Bug Ball Brawl

omg. omg. (you forgot we all started at 30% health and energy, though; I'm not that ridiculous... most of the time)

also the blue ball thing was so clever, I'm dying

Last edited:
FYI I still haven't received commands from some of you, so this is a friendly warning that you have 48 hours to submit commands if you're going to this round. Send them to me, not to The Omskivar.

Okay, now that I've finally remembered how to give threadmin privileges, I've assigned them to Superbird and The Omskivar to hopefully make it easier for them to coordinate, since normally they can't edit each other's posts. I trust you two won't abuse them more than I abuse my mod powers... ehe.

But of course The Omskivar wouldn't do anything like that, he's too perfect and handsome to just run around editing people's posts all crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Eifie
scatterbug.png
choice-band
Vermiculate Monsoon – Scatterbug (♂) @ Choice Band
Health: 21%
Energy: 23%
Ability: Shield Dust
Type: Bug
Condition: Feeling accomplished.
Actions: Tackle @ Balls ~ String Shot @ Balls ~ Tackle @ Ball ball @ Garchomp

I liek Squirtles
kricketot
Deedle Deedle Whoop – Kricketot (♂)
Health: 15% (CAPPED)
Energy: 23%
Ability: Shed Skin
Condition: . . . . .
Actions: Uproar @ Vermiculate Monsoon ~ Bide ~ Bide

Totodile
weedleblack-sludge
Garchomp – Weedle (♀) @ Black Sludge
Health: 24%
Energy: 21%
Type: Bug / Poison
Condition: Brandishing her stinger, anxious.
Actions: Bug Bite @ Lepidoptera ~ Bug Bite @ Lepidoptera ~ Bug Bite @ Deedle Deedle Whoop

RespectTheBlade
combeeoran-berry
Aldrin – Combee (♀) @ Oran Berry
Health: 30%
Energy: 30%
Ability: Honey Gather
Type: Bug / [Flying]
Condition: Floating absentmindedly.
Actions: None

Grass King
scatterbug.png
metronome
Lepidoptera – Scatterbug (♀) @ Metronome
Ability: Compound Eyes
Condition: Wiggling her tooth to check for looseness.
Actions: Bug Bite @ Deedle Deedle Whoop ~ Bug Bite @ Micah ~ Bug Bite @ COVERED IN BEES

Keldeo
scatterbug.png
life-orb
Micah – Scatterbug (♂) @ Life Orb
Health: 22%
Energy: 27%
Condition: Unsure if he's safer inside or outside the hole.
Actions: Burrow down ~ Chill ~ Bug Bite @ Lepidoptera

Lilycolo
combee
Bumblethree – Combee (♀)
Energy: 24%
Condition: Yelling insults to COVERED IN BEES.
Actions: Go deep inside the pit ~ Sweet Scent ~ Swift

Sangfroidish
combeeoran-berry
COVERED IN BEES – Combee (♀) @ Oran Berry
Energy: 27%
Condition: Happy to still have her berry.
Actions: pick up blue ball ~ Bug Bite @ Deedle Deedle Whoop ~ Bug Bite @ Kukai

Round 2

Still stiff as a board, Deedle Deedle Whoop swept his icy gaze to each of his enemies’ faces. The powdery ones. The stingy one. And his eyes looked between the buzzy ones, until they landed on one foe in particular. Aldrin the Combee, floating lazily, almost as if she wasn’t there at all. The yellow Pokemon’s six eyes stared forward at nothing, not a scratch on their angular vessel.

Until now. Deedle leaned forward, carefully, deliberately, the energy inside him humming, reverberating within its carapace, until he was angled just so—and with an indescribable sound, he rocketed through the air, arcing ever so slightly downward to crash headfirst into Aldrin’s back. The Combee cried out with three mouths as shock-white energy exploded in the air around the contact point, and the two Pokemon crashed into the ground on the edge of the ball pit. Aldrin hopped around with only-mostly-responsive wings, her Oran Berry next to her on the ground. As Deedle breathed, contented to lay on his side for a short while, Aldrin’s bottom and left heads finally reached the blue fruit, and together the three sisters rose again into the air, labored but able. They resumed their silent staring.

COVERED IN BEES saw the other Combee eat her berry, and decided that with all the berrythieving going on, it was probably better not to be holding a berry. The vigor replenished by her treat reassured her that this was the right idea, although the effect of this was diminished by VERY LOUD NOISES BEING GROUND INTO HER EAR-ANALOGUES by Bumblethree, who had seen her foe distracted when she peered from her hole. Garchomp, standing reasonably close-by, scrunched her face, then dove into the ball pit.

Back on the surface, the Scatterbug playmates were getting a little bit closer, Micah latching onto Lepidoptera to give her another flesh wound with his face. Lepidoptera cried out again, then wrenched herself free and wriggled away from Micah, while Vermiculate Monsoon watched on. That looked terrifying; no way was he sticking around down here! He looked at the ceiling and found a light fixture, then spat a few waving strands of sticky silk into the air. Once enough of them had wrapped around it, Vermiculate Monsson yanked on them, sticking them together, then began to climb. On his way up, he shook a loose powder from himself, coating his body in red bio-stuff. Below, everyone turned their head to look at him.

COVERED IN BEES flapped her wings as fast as they will go, sending a visible soundwave whining towards the Scatterbug. Having just reached the lamp, Vermiculate Monsoon held on tight as the noise threatened to throw him back down. Bumblethree flew forward at that moment and spat her own sticky silk into the air, but her lack of natural practice failed her, and the silk instead drifted down in frays to coat the rest of the battlers. In the pit, watching from between the balls, Garchomp chuckled to herself, then spewed forth a different sort of silk—thinner, yet more taut already, and of course with a jolt of electricity running through it. The strand split into just a few more at the end, spreading just wide enough to ensnare Bumblethree with it, who gasped in surprise as Micha, who had merely scoffed at the high-climbing Monsoon, jumped at Lepidoptera and bit her once more, this time hanging on despite her struggles until those struggles ceased. Grass King sighed as he recalled the first casualty of the brawl.

Deedle searched the pit for a hint of brown. They had all been distracted, but he had seen the web, and he knew that the pointy worm was the assailant—aha! He leapt into the pit, grabbing Garchomp between segments with one hand and pummeling her face with the other. Once the force of his jump had rolled them around a couple of times, he kicked off of his target, and his head broke the surface of the sea of balls. Bumblethree dives into the pit herself, seeing the fight, but not without sending a chilling bluster of wind behind her. Her wings made a sound like a theremin, and the attack seemed to bring a gray fog with it, that vanished as soon as it had left. Micah and COVERED IN BEES shivered. BEES made another harrowing noise, this time sending disruptive vibrations towards Micah, who whined and cowered.

Garchomp couldn’t see. She had no idea if that Kricketot was coming back, or if he had even really gone—she was too far into the pit to tell which way was up. Hearing an impact, and a rushing sound steadily growing louder, she panicked, squirming in the direction she assumed led to the surface, shooting another electric string at the noise. She heard a muffled hum, and suddenly, the balls below her disappeared, replaced by a falling Combee finally coming to rest. Garchomp’s little buggy heart raced, but as she looked over her foe, she saw no movement save the odd twitching wing. Backing away, the Weedle wriggled upward until she found the battlefield. She looked to the sky to see a shower of yellow, as Vermiculate Monsoon swung back and forth on the lamp, dusting a powdery spore over all of his foes. Their muscles stiffened in reaction to the plantmatter.

Micah wormed his way carefully to Aldrin, whose flight pattern was still a bit shaky. He knew the paralytic agent at play, and he knew his chances were best if he moved a little bit at a time. Once he got close enough, he leapt at the Combee, feeling his body stiffen, but it was too late—he was already airborne. He clung to the bottom of the right (Aldrin’s left) head, delivering a now very well-practiced bite. Aldrin grunted, trying to fly through the pain, but submitted, drifting to the ground. Micah crawled off of her as she was recalled, wiping his mouth.

Deedle Deedle Whoop swam over to the clump of stuck-together balls, inspecting it. With the right angle, he could slap all of those apart in a plastic hailstorm. He backed up to position himself, then delivered a sort of side-kick to a weak spot in the webbing, scattering pastel-colored plastic balls in every direction. Though all tried, none could hope to escape the downpour unscathed—none except Vermiculate Monsoon, who laughed to himself upon his perch.

End of Round 2

Eifie
scatterbug.png
choice-band
Health: 10%
Energy: 15%
Condition: Feeling a little bit sorry for everyone down there getting hit with everything.
Actions: String Shot (climb up) ~ Rage Powder ~ Stun Spore @ Everyone

I liek Squirtles
kricketot
Health: 14%
Energy: 1%
Condition: Makin' it rain.
Actions: Unleash Bide @ Aldrin ~ Endeavor @ Garchomp ~ Ball Explosion @ Everyone

Totodile
weedleblack-sludge
Health: 12%
Energy: 11%
Condition: Completely spooked.
Actions: Dive into ball pit ~ Electroweb @ Bumblethree ~ Electroweb @ Bumblethree[/b]

RespectTheBlade
combee
Aldrin – Combee (♀)
Health: 0%
Energy: 30%

Grass King
scatterbug.png
metronome
Lepidoptera – Scatterbug (♀) @ Metronome
Ability: Compound Eyes

Keldeo
scatterbug.png
life-orb
Health: 2%
Energy: 12%
Condition: Trying to get the taste of honey out of his mouth.
Status: Moderately paralyzed. Tangled by string (Speed -1). KOs: 2
Actions: Bug Bite @ Lepidoptera x2 ~ Bug Bite @ Aldrin

Lilycolo
combee
Bumblethree – Combee (♀)
Actions: Get out and Bug Bite BEES ~ String Shot ERRYBODY N ERRYTHING ~ Keep the Strings Strong, Burrow, and Ominous Wind

Sangfroidish
combee
COVERED IN BEES – Combee (♀)
Health: 8%
Energy: 17%
Condition: Getting tired of Vermiculate Monsoon's antics.
Status: Moderately paralyzed. Tangled by String (Speed -1) Evasion -1.
Actions: Eat Berry ~ Bug Buzz @ Vermiculate Monsoon ~ Bug Buzz @ Micah​

Referee Notes
~Vermiculate Monsoon used Rage Powder on Action 2. This attracted the attacks of all pokémon capable of sending them up that high, but pokémon that wouldn’t have been able to reach went for their original targets instead before focusing on Vermiculate Monsoon.
~Lepidoptera was KO’ed on Action 2.
~As Bumblethree was under the ball pit when using Ominous Wind on action 3, the attack was rather localized and only hit the pokémon close to her for reduced damage.
~Bumblethree was knocked out by Garchomp’s Electroweb on Action 3.
~Aldrin was knocked out by Micah’s Bug Bite on Action 3.
~PM Commands to Superbird again.

lmao I can't believe this didn't get VM killed

also:

Okay, now that I've finally remembered how to give threadmin privileges, I've assigned them to Superbird and The Omskivar to hopefully make it easier for them to coordinate, since normally they can't edit each other's posts. I trust you two won't abuse them more than I abuse my mod powers... ehe.

But of course The Omskivar wouldn't do anything like that, he's too perfect and handsome to just run around editing people's posts all crazy

I said more than I abuse my mod powers, mind! are you saying the best I can do is a trivial stunt like that?!

Actually, no. My name shares four out of five letters with that of a wailmer. I have more important things to do, like see how far I can dive before my absurdly bouyant body forces me to the surface.

I am missing commands from I liek Squirtles/Scythers, Keldeo, and Sangfroidish. You have about two days to submit them before I start doing calcs and your pokémon end up doing nothing.

wow shame Keldeo

totodile why you gots to do this to me

Wow this was fun! good luck to everybody still alive!

if i had to make a prediction on who is going to win, i would say Totodile has the best chance rn. followed by eifie in a very close second

actually I'm quite amused at VM's position right now because I've literally spent this entire brawl just fucking around. I used Rage Powder, of all things.

Round 3

Eifie
scatterbug.png
choice-band
Health: 10%
Energy: 15%
Condition: Feeling accomplished.
Actions: jump down and Tackle @ COVERED IN BEES ~ Tackle @ Garchomp ~ Tackle @ Garchomp

I liek Squirtles
kricketot
Energy: 1%
Actions: Chill x2 ~ Uproar (2 actions)

Totodile
weedleblack-sludge
Health: 12%
Condition: Brandishing her stinger, anxious.
Actions: Bug Bite @COVERED IN BEES ~ dive into ball pit ~ Chill[/b]

Keldeo
scatterbug.png
life-orb
Health: 2%
Energy: 12%
Condition: Unsure if he's safer inside or outside the hole.
Status: Moderately paralyzed. Tangled by string (Speed -1). KOs: 2
Actions: Tackle @ BEES / Garchomp / VM x3

Sangfroidish
combee
Health: 8%
Condition: Happy to still have her berry.
Status: Moderately paralyzed. Tangled by String (Speed -1) Evasion -1.
Actions: Ominous Wind / Die x3​

Still having himself a good chuckle, Vermiculate Monsoon basked for a moment in the warmth of the lamp. What an awesome, terrifying presence he must be to the tiny bugs that hustled around in the colorful ball pit. This had better end grandly. Monsoon picked a target and leaped from the lamp, leaving it swinging behind him, and at the end of his graceful dive slammed into the unfortunate COVERED IN BEES. The little Combee shrieked at the violent hit; her little wings fluttered as hard as they could to keep her upright and her heart pounded with dread, but in the end, she collapsed into the heap of plastic balls, her wings stilling and her eyes closing as her trainer recalled her.

A moment before Monsoon leaped, Garchomp shuddered a bit, rattling the needle on the end of her tail to psych herself up. Jaws parted with a hiss, she found BEES and launched herself at the fluttering Combee. Suddenly Monsoon! In the blink of an eye BEES was gone, and Garchomp closed her tiny jaws on the Scatterbug instead. Both surprise and bitter tastes flooded her; she had expected to chomp down on a sweet honey taste, not this powdery, stringy bug! Lacking hands, Garchomp used her needle to wipe her mouth in disgust.

Just then, wham came Micah, crashing right into Garchomp. Both bugs tumbled down into the balls from the Scatterbug’s fierce tackle. Even though Micah was prepared for the impact, he took longer to scramble back up, weak and sticky-string-covered as he was. Meanwhile, Deedle stood still on top of a mound of blue and green balls on the other side of the arena, watching the high-speed tackles and bites with a detached gaze. Well, low-speed tackles, he supposed, because everyone was twitching with electric spores and covered in stringy goo and falling over in a ball pit, but it sure seemed fast from his tired eyes. For a moment, he closed them.

The ball pit seemed to stand completely still for half a second (to the onlookers, it felt like two years). All bugs standing eyed one another suspiciously, breathing hard with quivering limbs, just waiting for someone to make a move. At last the tension broke, and then a sudden, final buzz of energy stole over the pit.

With a savage cry, Vermiculate Monsoon launched himself at Garchomp (That’s for knocking awry his grand Tackle!) and Micah charged right into Vermiculate Monsoon (That’s for the paralysis!) and Garchomp squealed in protest as the two bugs piled on top of her. Garchomp almost willingly closed her eyes and let go of her exhaustion as Monsoon’s head smacked hers; Monsoon felt a brief rush of pride as Garchomp stopped moving, and then stumbled over her as the force of Micah’s own Tackle finally brought the Scatterbug to his powdery knees. Micah, ears ringing and Life Orb throbbing, also got to feel a quick moment of satisfaction before collapsing onto the heap of bugs himself. Red flashes from three different directions swooped the tired bugs (finally) to their beds.

It was all over in a single, desperate bugpile, and Deedle had missed the whole thing. He opened his eyes to see - he was the only bug left?! He… won?!

End of Round 3

Eifie
scatterbug.png
choice-band
Energy: 9%
Condition: Unconscious.
Actions: Tackle @ COVERED IN BEES ~ Tackle @ Garchomp

I liek Squirtles
kricketot
Actions: Chill

Totodile
weedleblack-sludge
Energy: 8%
Actions: Bug Bite @ Vermiculate Monsoon

Keldeo
scatterbug.png
life-orb
Energy: 8%
Actions: Tackle @ Garchomp ~ Tackle @ Vermiculate Monsoon

Sangfroidish
combee
Actions: None​

Referee Notes
~Calcs by me (done basically two years ago, if it matters), written by Sandstone-Shadow. Credit where due.
~Vermiculate Monsoon’s tackle from the top of the room was strong enough to KO COVERED IN BEES.
~On action 1, Garchomp targeted Vermiculate Monsoon instead of BEES, as the latter was dead and the former was sitting where the latter used to be.
~On action 2, Vermiculate Monsoon KO’ed Garchomp with Tackle.
~Shortly thereafter, Micah knocked out Vermiculate Monsoon with his own Tackle.
~Micah then fainted from Life Orb recoil. I awarded the KO exp to the only one still standing, Deedle Deedle Whoop.
~GOOD. GAME. omg this was absolutely amazing, and I could not have asked for a better last round. Eifie in particular gets a shout-out for her command strings being wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom