• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gold & Silver Remake Thread

I HATE THE RUNNING BEASTS

I WANT TO SLAP WHOEVER PUT THEM IN

Crystal has a lot more stuff in it than Gold/Silver, like the Battle Tower, Buena's Password, and the Odd Egg. You can't say you don't like it just because of one Pokemon being easier to catch. Oh no, I can't spend 5 hours running after a Pokemon with a level 40 Golbat I spent 5 hours training to get mean look! The game is ruined. Ruined, I tell you!

Also, if you like difficulty, let's talk about Ho-oh in Crystal. You have to catch all three beasts and then do that boring maze thing. Uh-uh.

They better not mess up the beautiful music. I didn't like the orchestrated battle music in D/P - give me synth-filled Ecruteak City any day of the week (even wednesday).

Had to do with Burned Tower, Tin Tower, Lugia, and Ho-oh...

Okie-dokie, Cap'n artichokie.

Anyway, they're probably not going to use any Crystal things in the game besides the Battle Tower. They didn't use Yellow elements in FR/LG, so I doubt the G/S remake would have Crystal in it. Though they might have a new plot after the Elite 4 à la the Sevii Islands in FR/LG.

I HATE THE RUNNING BEASTS

I WANT TO SLAP WHOEVER PUT THEM IN

Crystal has a lot more stuff in it than Gold/Silver, like the Battle Tower, Buena's Password, and the Odd Egg. You can't say you don't like it just because of one Pokemon being easier to catch. Oh no, I can't spend 5 hours running after a Pokemon with a level 40 Golbat I spent 5 hours training to get mean look! The game is ruined. Ruined, I tell you!

Also, if you like difficulty, let's talk about Ho-oh in Crystal. You have to catch all three beasts and then do that boring maze thing. Uh-uh.

They better not mess up the beautiful music. I didn't like the orchestrated battle music in D/P - give me synth-filled Ecruteak City any day of the week (even wednesday).

Hell, yeah. I agree....the only stupid part was that when I finally saw both Entei and Raikou for the 300th time (they always used Roar XD) them I used my Haunter w/Mean Look and Hypnosis caught them on the first try....DX

Crystal needs to make a comeback with better features....

QFT. Although some orchestrated songs are great (Battle with Cynthia = EPIC), if they do it to a gsc remake, well, either they make it epic or I WILL TRACK THEM DOWN AND MURDER THEM!!!

I actually have the song for Relaxation Square on my I-Pod. So lovely...

I'd like to see them update the graphics, but without changing routes or any of the cities or towns. They should leave the plot alone, but they should use some of the newer pokemon with the gyms and maybe let them be in the wild. It would also be nice if this became a multi-region game including all the regions. I hope they will let you connect with D/P earlier on in the game instead of only at the end. And they should have Palpark or something.

Some of these ideas may have been repeats...

1- Replace headbutt trees with honey trees, BUT make the time for a Pokemon to arrive much, much shorter. 6 hours is too long. Maybe it can depend on steps like egg hatching, and the honey lasts for 24 hours.

2- Pokemon relocation. Houndour replaces Girafarig at Lake of Rage at night. Murkrow replaces Farfetch'd on the route west of Ecruteak at night. Slugma is in Burned Tower. I like the idea of Misdreavus in Dark Cave. Larvitar in Mt. Mortar, but in a similar place to Tyrogue where Waterfall is needed. If not that then Victory Road.

3- Keep evolutions/babies of 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in the "Johto Dex". I really hate how Firered/Leafgreen made you wait til Nat'l dex to get newer evolutions. New Leafeon location is in Azalea woods or whatever it's called, new Glaceon location is in Ice Path. Some evolution items are found late game.

4- Things to keep from Crystal: Buena's password, Battle Tower, Odd Egg, Phone Call evolution stones, Growlithe found before the first gym (really, I loved having an early game Fire Type, make Vulpix this early too for the Silver equivalent). Eusine is neat but he'd have to change a lot to fit a plot that doesn't focus on Suicune.

5- Raise levels of wild Pokemon and ingame trainers. Change some gym leader rosters, especially Morty's (Misdreavus!).

5- Raise levels of wild Pokemon and ingame trainers. Change some gym leader rosters, especially Morty's (Misdreavus!).

God yes. It was so irritating to have the highest E4 member's Pokemon only be level 50. It was easier to train if you Mystery Gifted (they should totally bring that back, too) with a decent team so you could battle yourself in Viridian, or could play the game in triple speed on Stadium 2, but it was just mean otherwise.

To anyone who's complaining about the Leaders' and E4's levels, they were probably like that because the E4 was only the half way point- you still had 8 more leaders to go through plus Red, who had Pokémon at/around 70 iirc.

That said, they could at least bring Falkner's Pokémon up some. Seriously, a level 9 Pidgeotto?

id love to have a gold silver remake. they were classics!!!

Nooby Pikachu, tsk tsk.

Here is the edited version: I'd love to have a Gold/Silver remake. They were classic.

Last edited:
To anyone who's complaining about the Leaders' and E4's levels, they were probably like that because the E4 was only the half way point- you still had 8 more leaders to go through plus Red, who had Pokémon at/around 70 iirc.

Well, the first Kanto Gym leaders had Pokémon in the thirties. They were a joke. Red was a sudden jump from the fifties (Blue) to the late seventies.

Some of these ideas may have been repeats...

1- Replace headbutt trees with honey trees, BUT make the time for a Pokemon to arrive much, much shorter. 6 hours is too long. Maybe it can depend on steps like egg hatching, and the honey lasts for 24 hours.
Jesus Christ No...keep headbutting.

2- Pokemon relocation. Houndour replaces Girafarig at Lake of Rage at night. Murkrow replaces Farfetch'd on the route west of Ecruteak at night. Slugma is in Burned Tower. I like the idea of Misdreavus in Dark Cave. Larvitar in Mt. Mortar, but in a similar place to Tyrogue where Waterfall is needed. If not that then Victory Road.

3- Keep evolutions/babies of 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in the "Johto Dex". I really hate how Firered/Leafgreen made you wait til Nat'l dex to get newer evolutions. New Leafeon location is in Azalea woods or whatever it's called, new Glaceon location is in Ice Path. Some evolution items are found late game.
I can see that working

4- Things to keep from Crystal: Buena's password, Battle Tower, Odd Egg, Phone Call evolution stones, Growlithe found before the first gym (really, I loved having an early game Fire Type, make Vulpix this early too for the Silver equivalent). Eusine is neat but he'd have to change a lot to fit a plot that doesn't focus on Suicune.
They can keep the plot of Suicune in the games. He'd just need a bigger plot than to just challenge the player for Suicune's respect.

Meh...I kinda liked how the levels were set up. They could let us rechallenge them at their turfs with higher levels after you beat the E4

Back
Top Bottom