• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

only people with 50+ posts or so should be able to make new threads in the advertising forum

Why do we have an advertising board in the first place? Weren't sigs invented for that purpose? :/

Sigs were invented to be stuck on the end of every post (hence "signature"). You could advertise a site in your sig, but even then, the idea is that you're signing your posts with the advertisement to get attention, not using the sig as a display case which happens to contain your link. they've evolved into display cases though :V kind of sucks imo

I think the sig character limit should be way small and that there should be some sort of display box only seen in profiles if people care that much about something they can use like they (mis)use sigs.

My sig is an example of what sigs were originally intended to be (and that *is* how they were originally intended, whether or not that's how they're intended on TCoDf).

EDIT: ftr your sig is pretty much fine; this post becomes less directed at you as it goes on

A limit on the space taken up by images would work better. Also you have no clue how much text people can stuff in.

Though yeah I guess there are also people whose sigs contain [random] tags with a billion things in them and those are okay :( hm

I like the idea of 'your sig must be no higher than x pixels' because it eliminates signatures with a million adoptables in them and the ugly scrollbars that a lot of people complain about.

*is one of those people with a bajillion images in a random tag*

But -

How will my adoptables live if you're going to just THROW THEM OUT IN THE COLD like poor orphans?!

MY BAAAABIESSSSS

Why would they post 50 times when they can do this.
I had a strange feeling from the first moment I read that intro..

That dude obviously has no interest in this forum?
Then again it probably happens a lot, I don't visit the intro section very often. =\

half the people posting there don't even listen to your criticisms, or just think that you're wrong.

I don't know about y'all, but I think "learn HTML and code it yourself" (which I say to pretty much every freewebs site) is a perfectly valid criticism.

Last edited:
Switch signatures off?
switching sigs off does not discriminate between "good sigs" and "scrollbar sigs".

I don't know about y'all, but I think "learn HTML and code it yourself" (which I say to pretty much every freewebs site) is a perfectly valid criticism.
it could be the best criticism ever, but what's the damned point if they never listen?

Back
Top Bottom