• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

Nuzlocke: La Progressa!

[Ammon] Garbodor lv. 40
Toxic Spikes/Toxic/Acid Spray/Sludge Bomb

[Blast] Emboar lv. 37
Flame Charge/Heat Crash/Arm Thrust/Rollout

[Barbosa] Carracosta lv. 37
Surf/Aqua Jet/Smack Down/Bulldoze

[Kree] Krookodile lv. 40
Bulldoze/Foul Play/Cut/Swagger

[Nageki] Throh lv. 36
Storm Throw/Vital Throw/Revenge/ Body Slam

[Freida] Bouldore lv. 36
Smack Down/Rock Slide/Headbutt/Stealth Rock

Badges: the first six

Objectives: grindan'

Just evolved my Dewott to a Samurott, and I've gotten five badges locked down.

Team:

Samurott: Level 36 - an absolute beast with Razor Shell

Tranquil: Level 30 - can land some good hits with Air Cutter

Jutlin (Krokorok): Level 29 - another heavy hitter

Pansear: Level 25 - haven't really used recently

Blitzle: Level 22 - going to grind this thing like crazy for the next gym

Purrloin: Level 13 - at this point, it's just a placeholder for whenever I get a Deino (anybody have one yet? Anyone?)

Levelling up before the Castelia gym leader... My Blitzle seems weak >:|

Alfred (Dewott/M) lvl 23
Choco Pie (Blitzle/F) lvl 22
Little Rox (Roggenrola/F) lvl 22
Sock (Sawk/M) lvl 22
Jackie (Sandile/F) lvl 22

I'm shooting for 25-ish for everyone before I move on. *sigh* I hate levelling.
I need a flying-type now. I was gonna get Swanna, but apparently Ducklett are really rare o_o

Rinne/Servine (F) Lv. 31
Varst/Herdier (M) Lv. 31
Neska/Swoobat (F) Lv. 32
Falsair/Excadrill (F) Lv. 32
Arleria/Ducklett (F) Lv. 29

I got pretty far today... got to Driftveil City, but haven't battled Clay yet. Four badges, an evolution, and a new Pokémon! That walkthrough was right. Excadrill is full of awesome. Currently catching up my new Ducklett to the other Pokémon. Its name amuses me greatly. (DuckLETT. Most people call me just... Lett... so... yeah.)

Also, Driftveil has some really awesome music. It's so... snazzy. I feel the need too to comment on the interior of gyms. They are REALLY good this time around, and the puzzles aren't frustrating or overly complicated. Simple enough for you to just enjoy the design of the gyms. My favourite's the Nimbasa Gym... it reminded me of something out of Tron, all neon and electronic and oh my God, it was just cool. I like how the gym leaders actually go OUTSIDE of their gyms too, and... talk like real people. They do things like characters, rather than obstacles, as someone told me.

Most of my Pokémon continue to be good except for poor ol' Rinne. I was an idiot and decided to trade in Mega Drain for Grass Knot... facepalm. Well, Return's helping things along a little... she's still not as up to snuff as the others though.

Also, Audino. <3 I love that thing. It makes grinding SO MUCH easier with all the crazy EXP it gives you, you practically go up a level nearly every other battle.

also on the subject of genders in Pokemon: lol, my friend picked to be the girl at first and ended up starting over because he was pissed at the pink everywhere/heart motif on the c-gear/purse instead of a backpack.

This is actually why I usually play as a boy (and my brother as a girl, since he likes pink a lot more than I do!).

I got it on Friday, but I've been pretty busy this weekend so I only beat Elesa yesterday morning. I'm grinding to level 30 before the Cold Storage, because I keep switching out members of my team 8|

Arthur/DEWOTT lv. 30
Genevieve/GOTHITA lv. 30
Charity/DEERLING lv. 27
Kurt/MINCCINO lv. 26

discarded members:
Rose/HERDIER lv. 27
Renee/COTTONEE lv. 30

Probably going to pick up a Joltik, but not sure what I'm going to do after that. Suggestions?

Elesa is AWFUL. D: I had to leech seed/poison both of her Emolga and basically heal every couple of turns with Renee until those FUCKING THINGS were dead. The Zebstrika was totally easy though for some reason.

... I should have picked up a Sandile or something BUT I DON'T CARE.

Elesa is AWFUL. D: I had to leech seed/poison both of her Emolga and basically heal every couple of turns with Renee until those FUCKING THINGS were dead. The Zebstrika was totally easy though for some reason.

... I should have picked up a Sandile or something BUT I DON'T CARE.

I took her down with Scraggy. Each of her Pokémon took like two Paybacks each :v

I've got to grind a bit.

Runnin' for the sixth gym.

No one is level 35 yet.

Conkeldurr replaced for Litwick, Gigalith replaced for Archen, I replaced Sandile for a Joltik.

I need my other game to have a Shelmet.

Not posting my team at this time.

Got the third badge last night. Nimbasa city is pretty cool. Had to decide between Sigilyph and Yamask for my team; went with Yamask for now, might take Sigilyph back out later.

Thanatos (Servine) lv. 24
Dasani (Panpour) lv. 24
Izzy (Scraggy) lv. 24
Ramses/KING RAAAAAAAAAAAMSEEEEEEEEEEEES (Yamask) lv. 22

Got up to the credits last night (oh dear god I have serious obsession issues) with:

Emboar (Boston) M
Leavanny (Bella) F
Durant (Denton) M
Jellicent (Leona) F
Archeops (Marvin) M
Reuniclus (Donny) M

But the postgame is ridiculous in the difficulty curve.

I'm at Nimbasa City. I'm throwing out most of my team and getting a new one - My best right now is Darumaka at Lv. 29.

Up until now I was not fond of the music in the game at all - but I LOVE the music when Elesa and Bianca talk to Bianca's Dad.

Got up to the credits last night (oh dear god I have serious obsession issues) with:

Emboar (Boston) M
Leavanny (Bella) F
Durant (Denton) M
Jellicent (Leona) F
Archeops (Marvin) M
Reuniclus (Donny) M

But the postgame is ridiculous in the difficulty curve.

I'm glad I'm not the only freak. Finished the game today :D

Have no clue what to do postgame.

Up until now I was not fond of the music in the game at all - but I LOVE the music when Elesa and Bianca talk to Bianca's Dad.

Oh god this. I loved the battle themes, but many of the other songs are rather meh. But this song...what is it called? It's beautiful.

Elesa gave me a bit of trouble, if only for those damn Emolga. But I simply rethought my strategy and defeated her the second go. Too bad none of the Pokemon in my party can currently learn Volt Switch/Change/whatever it is called....

I finally like the bicycle music, on that note. I was alright in johto, I can't really remember it in Kanto, don't care much for it in Hoenn, and I despise is in Sinnoh, so.

ahhhh, I got Pokémon white today (it was the only one on the shelves!) and I'm spazzing out. It's been a while since I've been so hyped up about a game. I started with Snivy (WELL NO SHIT) and I love his little animation where he folds his arms and taps his foot so damn much. I wish he didn't lose his limbs upon evolution, but his evolved forms are even more awesome so that makes up for it.

OK, goodbye internet I'm spending all my free time working on becoming a badass POKÉMON MASTER once again

I decided to get a Lillipup and use it as my main Pokemon. Now it's a Stoutland, and I beat the game! The second gym was hard for me.

Last edited:

So I got White, and I'm fighting every urge to catch Sewaddle and Deerling for my team, because then I would have four Grass types and the Bug gym was hard enough.

Team is Liepard, Servine, Lilligant, Darumaka, Cinccino and Simipour.

HOLY CRAP I want to marry the bike song after the horrific failure that was Sinnoh.

WHOOOO I just got the credits!

Final team:

Krookodile/Donna lv. 53
Samurott/River lv. 52
Archaeops/Ace lv. 48
Sawsbuck/Sarah Jane lv. 51
Zebstrika/Martha lv. 47
(And the weird ant-thing from Victory Road for filler.)

That was BRILLIANT. :D

Back
Top Bottom