• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

...why would you have even bothered with downloading the ticket in the first place if you weren't at least going to catch it for collections' sake/trade fodder?

Because I thought it was going to be at least lv. 25 or something but noooo. Oh well. I may go back and catch it just for the hell of it later on.

What is with the electric eels and their sodding levitating? Sure, they sort of float in midair, but every bloody fish does that, and they don't get immunity from basically their only weakness!

Yeah, but the eels are canonically air-above-land dwellers, not just "I guess we can't really do anything but show them floating". They're floating land eels the way Azumarill is a water rabbit. Or... something like that.

EDIT: White Team:
Kye: female Servine, Relaxed, "Impetuous and silly."
Valicorth/"Val": male Scolipede, Sassy, "Likes to run."
Rincet: male Zoroark, Rash, "Somewhat of a clown."
Marnel: female Gigalith, Relaxed, "Good perseverance."
Shanley: female Swoobat whose name is a work in progress, Lonely, "Good endurance." I always imagine a lonely nature just means my Pokémon is solitary and introverted\, not "sits around feeling lonely all day".
Adechire: Victini that I read as male, Lax, "Often does off." I end up giving all my sexless Pokémon genders, mostly because saying "it" feels wrong.

Still trying to decide on what to do for my Black team—I always catch stuff normally in one, and then trade in awesome eggs for the other. Trying to pick one out of Mienfoo, Larvesta, and Deino, and five out of Deerling, Cottonee, Oshawott, Joltik, Emolga, Minccino, Blitzle, and Swablu. (Yes, Swablu; it's the one pre-Unova thing I've been wanting to use for a while but never have.) EDIT2: wait no there's also Wigglytuff and Clefable and Togekiss and Gastrodon...

Last edited:

Slowly trained is the Larvesta and Zweilous

Im at abundant shrine.

All my pokemon are 49-52

I can't believe I haven't whited out

wooo...

DAME CELEBI'S WHITE ADVENTURE

Trainer: Jenny

Current team:
- Geisha/Dewott, lvl. 31 (Geisha is the team leader. She's afraid of humans, but still trusts me.)
- Shika/Deerling, lvl. 27 (Shika's always trying to please me! And ever since Driftveil Gym, she's been suceeding.)
- Moyasu/Simisear, lvl. 26 (Moyasu is panicky and overreacts, but at least he can cook.)
- Tobu/Swoobat, lvl. 27 (Tobu seems to be detemrined to get me to date N. I'm not sure why.)
- Winston/Victini, lvl. 27 (Winston says he's only with me because he wanted to see the sky again, but I think there's more to it then that.)
- Kumo/Joltik, lvl. 26 (Kuma does not leave my head. Ever. It's sorta annoying.)

Objectives:
- Figure out where the hell Team Plasma went
- Figure out where the hell the three HMs I'm missing are (I've got Cut and Fly, but that's it. A little help here?)
- Get out of this damn cave!

There is something about beating a preschooler that is inherently satisfying.

Anybody else get their Victini? Victini is an adorable badass. Searing Shot is nuts.

[/size]

I need to get to a wifi spot. =/ I wish the internet at home worked with my ds...
I decided to replace Krookodile with that cell pokemon. I think its awesome but I miss Sharptooth. =/ I hate how you can only choose six.

I always imagine a lonely nature just means my Pokémon is solitary and introverted\, not "sits around feeling lonely all day".

Haha, I do, too. I love it when the nature and, uh, other nature-thing are unintentionally hilarious. I've got a couple of Pokemon in various games with "Gentle" natures that "Like to fight", and one that is "Serious" yet "Impetuous and Silly".

My favourite Pokemon ever is my Slugma that "Loves to run".

I finished White today. 6 days total, dont know how much ingame time. My team is all final evo, with the addition of Zekrom. And on second day I got Victini.

I just downloaded Victini using the WiFi at the library, since my home WiFi is apparently WPA now and won't work with my DS :|

It's 'proud of its power.' WOO AMERICA

Best music is Opalucid City. Its beautiful. Every Leader except Art-er, Burgh, Skyla and Iris took me two tries. Seriously, I wouldve won against Clay but that fucking Excadrill kept using Hone Claws/Slash combo.

Clay was super easy for me, actually. Then again, I had an archeops and a darumaka...

Actually, the only two gym leaders that gave me trouble were Lenora and Elesa. Lenora's damned watchog and Elesa's twin emolga... also, Caitlin's sigilyph. Three most annoying species in the game, right there. The gyms' puzzles were actually worse than the leaders themselves.

Anyways, surskitty was kind enough to evolve my karrablast for me so now I'm grinding to get my pokemon up to level for the Elite 4.

Tripjaw [Archeops, M, lv70]
Kabutan [Escavalier, M, lv69]
Sharps [Druddigon, M, lv68]
Mitos [Reuniclus, M, lv66]
Caeru [Golurk, M, lv62]
Dharma [Darumaka, F, lv61]

Contemplating whether to evolve Dharma or not...

Also, audino is based off of a dinosaur.

Audino

I got White in the same hour it came out. (Arrived at Target right as it opened. Hehe.)

I spent nine hours playing it first day, then five, then around three because of school. Long time.

I got Victini, and was somehow super lucky catching it even though its rate is only 3. Eh. I'm too lazy to transfer over the Zoroa and Zoroark events, even though I already got the Relocator thing done.

Current team. Hehe.

[Bideach] Eelektrik (F) @ Amulet Coin -- Name meaning: Tiny (named for adorable smallness of pre-evolution, Tynamo)
As soon as I raise her another level I'll evolve her with the Thunderstone I just got. In my opinion it doesn't learn any worthwhile moves after Thunderbolt. (No-weakness Pokemon for the win.~)

[Zampano] Emboar (M) @ Charcoal -- Name meaning: a Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood character who is half boar and can basically morph into an anthropomorphic boar.
I was hoping it would be a quadruped, but I guess this guy looks OK. Not really liking the small feet though. (I say it's a mane, not a beard! D: )

[Scalladh] Red Basculin (F) @ BlackGlasses - Name meaning: Scald (cool new move and cool water-based word)
I would have preferred if she was male, but this works too.

[Tumadoir] Tirtouga (M) -- Name meaning: Diver
I haven't decided on an item yet. I just got this guy, so I still need to train him. He's replacing the Musharna I was using, which was durable but not really reliable because she only had Psychic-type moves and there seem to be no end to the dark-types. Anyway, Tumadoir will add to the aquatic theme.

[Muffin] Maggyo (Stunfisk) (M) @ Soft Sand
Replaced a Watchog I had that I was eager to throw off because it couldn't take a hit. Besides, Maggyo is awesome. Muffin is part of a collection of 31 Maggyos named after foods.

[Azewana] Sigilyph (F) @ Sharp Beak -- Name meaning: Spectrobe resembling the sun that looks just as complicated.
I was a bit skeptical about using her on my team but I'm glad I made the decision. She's been real helpful. Hehe.

...I think I have too much commentary on my team members. Hehe.

Currently got the Lucky egg on Merik (Victini) and I'm leveling it up....yeah about 30 levels until it hits 45 with the rest of my team. GO MERIK GOOOO

FINALLY got White today. After much thought as to what my end-game team would probably be, I have three Pokemon thus far.

Rowdy (Herdier) Lv. 18
Smugleaf (Servine) Lv. 17

I'm debating on whether I'm going to use Swanna as my multipurpose Surf/Flier, or if I'll get a Tympole instead. Since I've used Seismitoad already, I'm thinking Swanna.

Back
Top Bottom