• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

So I've spent about half of the past day playing through White. Finally got to Icirrus City with my team OF WIN.

Lv. 40 Serperior (Smugleaf) - I'm not liking the lack of movepool thing. Having used all three starters now, I have to say that aesthetically, this one's the best, but stat-wise, Oshawott is way better.

Lv. 40 Stoutland (Rowdy) - This dude is insane. Great attack, great HP, nice defenses, he's one of my favorites on my team. I never expected an early game Pokemon to end up being this good, or that I'd actually like it. I never normally like using early game Pokemon.

Lv. 39 Scolipede (Sting) - I love this one. Scolipede's got a strangely good movepool for a bug type, and it's overall a good Pokemon stat-wise.

Lv. 40 Sigilyph (Man in Black) - Now that I'm getting access to more TM's, I'm really liking Sigilyph more and more since it's movepool is really good. Its stats are really nice too.

Lv. 40 Swanna (Ducky) - This one is probably my favorite. I don't know why, but I just have a blast using him. He doesn't have much of a varied movepool ATM, but I'm working on it.

Lv. 32 Stunfisk (Awkward) - Just barely got him but I must say, Stunfisk is so awkward that it is awesome. Plus I needed Electric and Ground coverage so this worked out.

Tomorrow I'm taking on the optional Surf areas. Starting with the P2 laboratory, and then I'll be making my way through the region.

Still trucking along. Full-time jobs still suck. Feeling out the ones I really like. Here's what I have so far.

VANILLISH LV37 (ICE BEAM/ACID ARMOR/MIRROR SHOT/AVALANCHE)
Struggling with its less-than-stellar DEF... Hence AA.
But, if it can survive or even get the first shot, Ice Beam is more often than not a OHKO.

COFAGRIGUS LV37 (HEX/CURSE/POWER SPLIT/WILL-O-WISP)
Loving how gimmicky this one is. Naturally high DEF + W-o-W = Super staying power.
Power Split calms down those Special Sweepers and boosts Hex almost as much as W-o-W.

GALVANTULA LV37 (ELECTROWEB/ELECTRO BALL/BUG BITE/GASTRIC ACID)
Unique dual-type has given it a surprising amount of advantages so far.
Web/Ball combo is still fun to overuse as well.

SERPERIOR LV37 (SLAM/COIL/LEAF BLADE/LEECH SEED)
I missed out on Growth, so having Coil at long last has made my starter infinitely more useful.
Leech Seed has got to be my favorite technique of all time, I swear.

DARMANITAN LV37 (HAMMER ARM/THRASH/FLARE BLITZ/BELLY DRUM)
My cousin traded me a Darumaka and stressed that I would fall in love with it when it evolved.
He was right.

EXCADRILL LV37 (EARTHQUAKE/HONE CLAWS/METAL CLAW/ROCK SLIDE)
Beastly.
That is all.

I know there's still a lot more of Unova to explore (I only have 6 badges).
But apart from my hesitation over Vanillish, I think I've found my endgame team.

I wanna replace Bertrand for a Druddigon, but they're so damn late game!!!!

Just spent about ten minutes backtracking to get my fossilturtle, Phineas.

LUCKY EGGS ARE AMAAAAZING

OMG YES.

I beat the game, and I was training my Mienshao with a lucky egg. I killed a trainer's Audino, which was at level 65, while holding a lucky egg. I got about 11000 experience. those things are AMAZING. (I do feel a bit bad for killing all those Audino, though.)

Hm, I got Black about a week ago and have been playing it.

It is fun! Beat Chili with my Panpour a bit back and mainly I'm grinding.

Current team:

[Bacchus] Servine M (Overgrow) Lv. 17
Just evolved! It's cool.
[Perceus] Lillipup M (Pickup) Lv. 14
Really strong, and Pickup is useful.
[Minerva] Patrat F (Run Away) Lv. 14
Not bad, but not that great either. Mainly there for strategic reasons (as Detect and Bide are both useful atm).
[Gaea] Roggenrola F (Sturdy) Lv. 15
Takes damage very well, and I like Gigalith.
[Hera] Pidove F (Big Pecks) Lv. 13
Pretty good member of the team so far.
[Hygeia] Audino F (Healer) Lv. 14
Also eats up damage real quick. :)

I'll probably end up replacing Minerva with my Panpour. Probably.

Just finished the E4 and my God... the final boss was a lot harder than I thought. Overall, really good game, and not anything like what I expected out of a Pokémon game. The plot was complex, the characters were actually characters for once... and... I felt really sorry for N. His life, it's just so sad. For once, I was into the story of a Pokémon game! I was all, GASP WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT! It's the only Pokémon game where I've gotten this into the story, and it got a whole lot more emotion out of me than all the others. And those scenes with Reshiram and Zekrom were just excellently rendered. Stupid Ghetis' Hydreigon though! I have never gotten a Pokémon KOed until this battle, he almost murdered me completely and KOed half of my team. Very nice and definitely one of my new favourite Pokémon games. The music too was just perfect and fitting near the end.

Final team:

Rinne/Serperior (F) Lv. 53
Varst/Stoutland (M) Lv. 52
Neska/Swoobat (F) Lv. 51
Falsair/Excadrill (F) Lv. 53
Arleria/Swanna (F) Lv. 52
Aunna/Larvesta (F) Lv. 51

Ah, me and my estrogen-filled S Girly Team. Falsair, Rinne, and Varst are pretty much the ones that kept me from getting my ass totally kicked. Oh and my Reshiram, Vuovien. But I don't consider her (just seems weird for some legendaries to be genderless, I mentally give them genders) a member.

That's it for me for a while, probably. I'll try out catching Pokémon and exploring all the post-game stuff later. And probably jacking up my team's levels a lot too.

Last edited:

As epic as epic gets.

Zekrom Lv.50
Galvantula Lv.46
Serperior Lv.49
Cofagrigus Lv.51
Vanilluxe Lv.50
Darmanitan Lv.53

Stunfisk is now the greatest Pokemon ever people. Just letting you all know.

I really don't like them. :( They're all DERP in a way that goes past cute DERP (like bidoof) and into potential rapist DERP.

I have an ev'd Scrafty and Cottonee now. I am gonna try and get a good ev'd team before Ben, Sam's bro though I messed Cottonee's evs up a bit.

My pants keep falling down. D: I have caught Scraggy's disease!

Does anyone else think Pokemon Musicals were missed potential?

They are not as good as the first ever contests. Why don't they go back to that? That was great.
Still, seeing a dancing Scrafty was quite funny.

As was seeing a kyurem named Hashbrowns jump around with a flower on its head.

Also, stereotypically english golurk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overall, really good game, and not anything like what I expected out of a Pokémon game. The plot was complex, the characters were actually characters for once... and... I felt really sorry for N. His life, it's just so sad. For once, I was into the story of a Pokémon game! I was all, GASP WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT! It's the only Pokémon game where I've gotten this into the story, and it got a whole lot more emotion out of me than all the others.

This so much. N was always the most interesting character for me, especially his friendship with the protagonist. I spent a lot of the game wondering what was going to happen to him come endgame, sorta wish his story had a bit more closure to it. His room freaked me out to no end, not entirely sure why.
And considering N's development, Ghetsis was disappointingly cliche. Makes his defeat all the more satisfying. Ended up having to spam revives until the Hydragon (?) and Power Ranger ran out of PP for super effective attacks.

Current team:
Avocet (Serperior)- 56
Kiwi (Reuniclus)- 55
Puffin (Carracosta)- 56
Parrolet (Unfezant)- 55
Osprey (Lampent)- 55
Kestrel (Zebstrika)- 56

So training time after endgame. My current team (in progress.)

Mienshao lv. 66
Chandelure lv. 66 (is awesome. High sp. atk + energy ball + shadow ball + flamethrower = win.)
Scrafty lv. 64
Bisharp lv. 65
Beheeyem lv. 55 (still need to train it.)
Reuniclus lv.54 (and this as well.)

hoping to get all of them to 65 or above before going to explore the rest of Unova. Those sports domes in Nimbasa city help a LOT.

Ok, team BEFORE I so stupidly started White over:

Samurott (M) Lvl. 76
Stoutland (M) Lvl. 71
Swanna (F) Lvl. 65

I had already beaten the main story and did the things after so I decided why not.

Team AFTER I so stupidly started it over:

Karkat/Servine (M) Lvl. 22
Herdier (F) Lvl. 20

I'm aiming for a Homestuck team but no good names came to mind for Herdier and I'm determined to get a Elgyem this time! It is so cuuuute :3 And not entirely sure but I think I might get a Drilbur and Audino. I just need to find my little Ducklett again C:

Serperior (Sage) - M - Lv. 58
Panpour (Aquamarine) - F - Lv. 57
Eelektrik (Ajisuki) - M - Lv. 57
Golurk (Regi) - NA - Lv. 57
Mienshao (Kojonda) - F - Lv. 58
Braviary (Aether) - M - Lv. 57

So, I defeated the first 5 leaders with just a Servine and Panpour! Yay. I plan to evolve my Panpour at Lv. 60 (It's so cute I don't wanna evolve it! But, it will be OHKO'd by every single attack unless I evolve it) and my Eelektrik when its level surpasses its moveset range. Mienshao is just crazy amazing, I mean she was my last addition before facing the E4, and she ended 3 out of the 4 battles. (Against Grimsley, she faced every Pokemon and defeated them one by one!) So, she's a personal favorite. Most are named after Japanese gods if I can't think of anything. So, I'm currently grinding so I can actually face Lv. 65 trainers without having to save before the battle xD I think that's about it. Oh yeah, I've captured every legendary possible in White except Thundurus T-T

Back
Top Bottom