• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

so I just got a critical capture where the ball shook once and then the Pokémon escaped
um

Yeah, the Critical Capture mechanic makes capture more likely. It doesn't guarantee capture. Its apparently harder to get this to happen on more rare Pokemon than more common (especially on legendaries, where sometimes the CC is impossible).

So I beat the game a few days ago, now I'm raising a Floatzel instead of a Scraggy. :D
Still haven't caught Tornadus; it's at about 5% HP and I'm throwing Quick Balls with all my might...

Also, could someone explain to me this "critical capture?" I honestly have no idea what it is...

Also, could someone explain to me this "critical capture?" I honestly have no idea what it is...

They're like a critical hit, but for when you throw a Pokeball instead of attacking. During a critical capture, the ball only shakes once, so a Pokemon will only escape the ball if they were going to escape before (or, I think, immediately after) the first shake; effectively, this increases the odds of catching pretty well. Unfortunately, it's entirely random (just like a critical hit).

According to the interwebz a critical capture has about the same percentage odds of occurring as a critical hit, but since we throw Pokeballs much less often than we use attacks, you're not going to see it as often.

Yeah, the Critical Capture mechanic makes capture more likely. It doesn't guarantee capture. Its apparently harder to get this to happen on more rare Pokemon than more common (especially on legendaries, where sometimes the CC is impossible).

I thought it was supposed to reduce the amount of shakes you need to 1.

EDIT: oh nevermind forgot to read Jack's post :v

I just learned something really sweet and sad about those trade battles.

They keep the nickname. That is so sweet. ^^

I'm training my ev trained gang to L100. It gets very boring after a while but I am glad of all the high leveled trainers.

I just learned something really sweet and sad about those trade battles.

They keep the nickname. That is so sweet. ^^

Fridge Logic: The Name Rater won't let you change the names of traded Pokemon! They'd have to keep the nickname even if they hated it!

Some (if not all, I don't know) of the ingame trainers you can trade with will battle you after the trade, and when they do they will use whatever you traded them.

So I keep losing against Cheren at the bridge before the E4. Help?

Team:

Dewott: (M) (50) Aqua Tail, Razor Shell, Water Gun, Water Pulse

Blitzle: (M) (37) Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Spark Shock Wave

Watchog (M) (31) Strength, Crunch, Bite, Cut

Tranquill (F) (30) Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Roost, Fly

Zorua (M) (21) Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Fake Tears

Simisear (M) (18) Scatch, Fury Swipes, Rock Smash, Incinerate.

And in my box:

Cottonee: (M) (14) Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mega Drain

Carracosta: (M) (38) Aqua Jet, Acient Power, Crunch, Surf

Lillipup: (M) (13) Leer, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite

Victini: (Genderless/F) (15) Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure

Celebi: (Genderless/M) (50) Leaf Storm Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish

Deerling: (F) (23) Double Kick, Leech Seed, Faint Attack, Take Down

Joltik: (F) (24) Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite, Gastro Acid

I would very mcuh so appreciate help. I'm playing Black by the way, incase you want to suggest some Pokemon to catch.

So I keep losing against Cheren at the bridge before the E4. Help?

Team:

Dewott: (M) (50) Aqua Tail, Razor Shell, Water Gun, Water Pulse
Well here's the problem. You trained one Pokemon then left the rest to rot.

Blitzle: (M) (37) Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Spark Shock Wave

Watchog (M) (31) Strength, Crunch, Bite, Cut

Tranquill (F) (30) Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Roost, Fly

Zorua (M) (21) Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Fake Tears

Simisear (M) (18) Scatch, Fury Swipes, Rock Smash, Incinerate.

And in my box:

Cottonee: (M) (14) Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mega Drain

Carracosta: (M) (38) Aqua Jet, Acient Power, Crunch, Surf

Lillipup: (M) (13) Leer, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite

Victini: (Genderless/F) (15) Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure

Celebi: (Genderless/M) (50) Leaf Storm Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish

Deerling: (F) (23) Double Kick, Leech Seed, Faint Attack, Take Down

Joltik: (F) (24) Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite, Gastro Acid

I would very mcuh so appreciate help. I'm playing Black by the way, incase you want to suggest some Pokemon to catch.

Does anyone else find it amusing that you can find Zangoose and Seviper in the same grass on route 11?

Does anyone else find it amusing that you can find Zangoose and Seviper in the same grass on route 11?

A bit, though I expected some blood... (wut?)

Trainng everything tofill dex.

COMPLETED. THE. POKÉDEX. WHAT.

Well, only the regional one, so. How do I get the Black City market to get leaf stones, water stones, and fire stones?

Okay, I'm working on hatching eggs using the Masuda method, since the chances for getting a shiny this way go all the way down to 1/1366. So, two important questions:

1. If I used poké-transfer to send over a pokemon from Platinum that was japanese. would it still be counted as a pokemon from another region in B/W?
2. Also, will passing on natures w/ an everstone work if the pokemon are of different nationalities in B/W? It didn't in D/P/Pt, and that's how you could tell that they were of different nationalities. But, whenever I bred two pokemon that I suspected were from different nationalities, the everstone thing worked.

help, please?

1. If I used poké-transfer to send over a pokemon from Platinum that was japanese. would it still be counted as a pokemon from another region in B/W?

Yes. I just tested this with an English Buneary and a French Gastly both Poké-Transferred up and both at level 15. The Buneary gained 760 exp and the Gastly gained 862 from the same battle when both were holding Exp Shares, which fits with regular traded Pokémon gaining 1.5× experience and foreign-language ones getting 1.7×.

Back
Top Bottom