• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gold & Silver Remake Thread

I want remakes. Badly. But I would prefer than they:

1. Raise Pokemon levels. Level 40 Elite Four is NOT a good idea.

2. Add to the Johto Dex, and modify encounters/trainers accordingly. Azurill, Wynaut, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Mantyke, Weavile, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Glaceon, Leafeon, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, and Magmortar could easily fit in GSC, and would provide more challenge in enemies as well as widening the pool of usable Pokemon for your ingame team. Imagine if Pryce got a Mamoswine instead of Piloswine, and you had to catch Wynaut or Azurill before you could use their evolutions. These could add so much more challenge.

3. Make all Johto Pokemon obtainable in Johto. Seriously... who else was thinking "Hmm? Houndoom looks nice... I wonder when I get one? I'll save space on my team," on their first playthrough? And besides, sticking Murkrow and Houndour in Kanto is retconning the existing populations of those areas.

They really do need to remake gold/silver. It was my first game. And about the it is like impossible to get a working gold game now I have one right now and it is fine.

Chris and I have been talking about this for months, and I've always wanted them to remake Gold and Silver since they made Fire Red and Leaf Green.
I would be disapointed if they didn't because Johto is one of my favourite regions, and the Johto startes are the cutest, in my opinion.

My ideas for a GS Remake:

My School Report said:
I would make Gold and Silver remakes called GoldenDawn and SilverDusk for the Nintendo DS. It would communicate with Diamond and Pearl and also communicate with all 3rd Gen games via the same Pal Park as in Diamond and Pearl. The last boss in Gold and Silver, Red, would improve on the second battle and so would the Elite Four. There would be something similar to The Battle Frontier from Emerald and there would be a GTS(Global Trade Station) in Cherrygrove(That town didn't really serve any purpose). The Safari Zone would be brought back after receiving the National Dex from Prof. Oak when you beat all 16 gyms. The Safari Zone would have wild Hoenn Pokemon, and those are Shroomish, Skitty, Tailow, Zigzagoon, and Cacnea in the grass and Wingull on the water. By fishing there would be Azurill, Barboach, and Feebas(Only on 5 random tiles). There would be a Contest Hall in Goldenrod City. There would also be access to the Sevii Islands from Olivine City's Dock. You could use the VS Seeker to re-challenge all of the gym leaders and the white rock would be outside of Mt. Moon to activate the Shaymin event in Diamond and Pearl.

Don't ask why the topic of a school report was "Write Your Ideas for a New Video Game". Just focus on what I wrote. =P

I would make Gold and Silver remakes called GoldenDawn and SilverDusk for the Nintendo DS. It would communicate with Diamond and Pearl and also communicate with all 3rd Gen games via the same Pal Park as in Diamond and Pearl. The last boss in Gold and Silver, Red, would improve on the second battle and so would the Elite Four. There would be something similar to The Battle Frontier from Emerald and there would be a GTS(Global Trade Station) in Cherrygrove(That town didn't really serve any purpose). The Safari Zone would be brought back after receiving the National Dex from Prof. Oak when you beat all 16 gyms. The Safari Zone would have wild Hoenn Pokemon, and those are Shroomish, Skitty, Tailow, Zigzagoon, and Cacnea in the grass and Wingull on the water. By fishing there would be Azurill, Barboach, and Feebas(Only on 5 random tiles). There would be a Contest Hall in Goldenrod City. There would also be access to the Sevii Islands from Olivine City's Dock. You could use the VS Seeker to re-challenge all of the gym leaders and the white rock would be outside of Mt. Moon to activate the Shaymin event in Diamond and Pearl.
----
Those are good ideas, but wouldn't that be kind of like mashing all the games into one?

there would be a GTS(Global Trade Station) in Cherrygrove(That town didn't really serve any purpose)

Wouldn't it be in Goldenrod? There WAS that phone station there in Crystal. It was like the GTS in a way.
---------
But anyway, YES. I'd love a remake of G/S. Houdoooom. <3

I would love simply newer graphics, because it was my favourite series of games. Silver was my first game, so yeah. (And if they made the battle system D/P style on the DS, that would be awesome.) I'm not sure what they'd do about Kanto though. I mean, there's already FireRed and LeafGreen, so what would be the point of going to Kanto again in G/S?
Well, in the Shaymin Event, Professor Oak mentions there being a White Rock just like the one used in the event in Kanto, and said rock were missing in FRLG, so, yeah.
GSC were perfect as they were.
Agreed
They don't even need to remake it. They could just port it to the DS. It was that perfect.
Agreed
Johto 4EVER!

Anyway, I think that the reason that there have been so many Johto references and 2nd Gen. Pokemon in games is to satisfy our hunger for a Johto remake. I'm hoping for one, but I don't expect it.
Agreed as well.
I'd really rather not see a Johto remake, but if they did it would be nice if they included secret bases. Those were fun.

Other than that... not sure exactly.
Secret bases would rule.
there would be a GTS(Global Trade Station) in Cherrygrove(That town didn't really serve any purpose)

Wouldn't it be in Goldenrod? There WAS that phone station there in Crystal. It was like the GTS in a way.
---------
But anyway, YES. I'd love a remake of G/S. Houdoooom. <3
Crystal shouldn't be mentioned. They really messed up Suicune. 3 running beasts was perfect, no more, no less. Main reason I don't like R/S/E/FR/LG along with D/P, 3rd Gen only had one, D/P had two, and they took the fun out of it by giving you the dex data first =(

I'm just saying, it would make more sense to put it In Goldenrod, what with the already enlarged Pokecenter in the Japanese version of Crystal.

I do agree with that running beast thing. They were in just the right amount, the could take a long while for all of them. Something to keep you busy. And I think they gave you th dex data first so that the app could work properly. Maybe.

Oh yah, A Gold/Silver Remake would be awesome. I need to start a new game with Cyndaquil. I do not like having to wait for all of the game, and then having to complete the whole Pokedex just to get a level 5 Cyndaquil that you can't use for any Gym Battles or anything.

Man. GSC remake. Problem is, would the do the Suicune Event from Crystal or follow the other two... Eusine was kewl. I evod my Typhlosion when battling him. And non-event Ho-oh and Lugia. Darn it, we NEED that. And Celebi. Real event Celebi. And the radio. And the Ruins Puzzles. And all around betterness. Also... what about revealing the truth about Rival? I mean, come on. Fr/Lg: "Giovanni's kid has red hair." Yeah. COME ON, FOOLS. I mean, that could be a plot line. xD

As AK said, just put them onto the DS as they are. I would so freaking buy it. Buuut considering how some people are about how a game looks, better graphics would sell better in my opinion.

Eh. Whatever. I don't care if it does or does not happen. :B It is fun to think about though.

If they remake it, I won't have to worry about the internal battery!
------
When they remake it, I will kill to get it.

The actual names (if these names are going to be used for the G/S remake and not for some other games, that is) are DuskGold and DawnSilver, if you missed the thread on the old forums.

The actual names (if these names are going to be used for the G/S remake and not for some other games, that is) are DuskGold and DawnSilver, if you missed the thread on the old forums.

I saw the thread on the old forums but thought it was the way he said it for some odd reason. And I remember an argument over it ._.

Man. GSC remake. Problem is, would the do the Suicune Event from Crystal or follow the other two... Eusine was kewl. I evod my Typhlosion when battling him. And non-event Ho-oh and Lugia. Darn it, we NEED that. And Celebi. Real event Celebi. And the radio. And the Ruins Puzzles. And all around betterness. Also... what about revealing the truth about Rival? I mean, come on. Fr/Lg: "Giovanni's kid has red hair." Yeah. COME ON, FOOLS. I mean, that could be a plot line. xD

I only played Crystal once in my entire lifetime. Think I'm going to download a ROM.

I don't care what they do, as long as they don't screw up the music when they remix it.
If they did, all sense of nostalgia would disappear...

In Firered and Leafgreen on the Sevii Islands, they did the music well enough that I could tell where it was coming from. Come on, Pokemon is no fun without those games. I want to use those cool balls and get frigging angry at myself when I wait a full day. Heavy Ball and Fast ball owned. I want to actually get a legit Lugia too man. All in all, I'm definately getting the Silver version. 'Twas my first game and I loved it along with lugia. I still have it but the battery doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom