• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Double-Take Mafia

Meh, I'll never get to use this otherwise. Eifie seems the most suspicious to me, what with being able to pull strings and being rather enthusiastic to start lynching.

I challenge Eifie.

"It's time to duel!"

In the midst of conversation, a fight breaks out!

The day's duration and vote count have been reset. Votes may only be cast for RedneckPhoenix or Eifie today.

96 more hours for discussion.

Forgot to clarify: discussion may continue as normal, so you can post things besides a vote for RedneckPhoenix or Eifie.

Nya ha! Have some death! (Ahem, if every other one of my posts is a Henry quote, it's because I'm replaying Awakening for the first time in 5 years.)

RedneckPhoenix again.

Hmm, okay.

My second ability is healing, and on the second night I healed RedneckPhoenix. That seems to make it fairly likely that RedneckPhoenix was the mafia target and that that's where the mafia kill went. That would also mean RedneckPhoenix is very unlikely to be mafia. Sooo I'm actually going to go Eifie, I think.

Hmm, okay.

My second ability is healing, and on the second night I healed RedneckPhoenix. That seems to make it fairly likely that RedneckPhoenix was the mafia target and that that's where the mafia kill went. That would also mean RedneckPhoenix is very unlikely to be mafia. Sooo I'm actually going to go Eifie, I think.

Well, this sudden change doesn't make any sense to me. Why do you think it's so much more likely that the kill was prevented by your heal than by sande's block? It would make sense if you also gave some other reason for preferring lynching me over RNP, because now we have equal amounts of evidence pointing to him being mafia and not mafia, but you haven't. Instead you're voting for someone who was targeted by the mafia the first night? As far as I can tell RNP and I should be basically equal in your eyes, since the reasoning you just applied to him also applies to me.

A couple of pages ago you even posted to agree with ZM about RNP seeming like our best lead and pushed him to make a full claim, which makes this even more bizarre. It looks like you're just looking for an excuse to vote either not RNP, or me in particular.

i'm thinking i agree with eifie more on this, actually, partly because the quote "i'm satisfied now / i knew i was getting got i just didnt want to waste my ability" doesn't. sound town to me (it sounds like someone who's given up?)

and, well. given that contrived set of coincidences with the house visits + my block + no death, changing to lynch someone else now seems like a really sudden turn. so my vote's staying the same if/until anything else comes up.

Oookay, looks like I misread when I was skimming through the thread earlier; I read sanderidge's post about blocking Flora last night like it was about N1, which would've meant it couldn't be sande's block that stopped the mafia kill. Never mind!

In that case, I'll go with RedneckPhoenix.

Heh, well, I don't think mafia you would backpedal like that, so okay, I'll accept that for now. A little strange because we've talked about that block more than once in the context of the missing kill (at least, I've asked if anyone had any other explanations several times), but eh, I'll look over that discussion later and see.

Guess that leaves my vote; you probably already know who I'm thinking though. Sorry, RedneckPhoenix.

I salute thee! Though I am innocent, it was a valiant effort! Never be afraid of failure!

Let it be known that RedneckPhoenix dies with pride! I shall meet you all in the afterlife when the mafia kills us all.

The requisite crowd of people gathered around the fight is more a half-circle chanting, "Go Eifie!"

"Okay, fine, I surrender," says RedneckPhoenix. "Go Eifie!"

- Challenge: (active, once in the game during the day, single target) Once you activate this ability, votes may only be cast for you or your target for the rest of the day, and the day's duration and vote count will be reset. You may only use this ability once, but using it doesn't count as losing it for the purposes of elimination.

It is now Night 3. 48 hours for night actions.

The next day's newspaper headlines read:

EIFIE GOES
Local woman wins lengthy overseas trip

The few townspeople still willing to discuss the mysterious flyers regard each other suspiciously. It looks like someone else won't be around.

Eifie, the Town-aligned Socialite, has been eliminated. Eifie had the following abilities:

- Network: (active, nightly, single target) You may communicate freely with your target only during the day phase immediately after you use this ability. You can't communicate with anyone who's eliminated, and you can't target the same person on consecutive nights with this ability.

- Pull Strings: (active, once in the game, single target) If you use this ability during a night phase, your target will be killed at the end of the night. If you use this ability during a day phase, your target will be killed as soon as the host processes your action, and the day's duration and vote count will be reset. You may only use this ability once, but using it doesn't count as losing it for the purposes of elimination.

It is now Day 4. 96 hours for discussion.

Ew5SIrQ.png

Back
Top Bottom