• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

This picture delivers.

I think it's (roughly) Japanese for 'cute'. I don't see why it's used in English-speaking internet culture so much though.

Ekans (bottom left) seems so surprised that three meals are suddenly standing right next to it. :x And Gible is about to eat Clamperl. Floatzel is hitting on Girafarig. Gligar is making a face. Lombre is stealing Marowak's bone. Mawile is gossiping with Chinchou and Magnemite and Gastly are overhearing. Rattata is being derpily adorable.

This is just great.

also: kawaii is an annoying word and I hate it as well. it looks like 'Hawaii' to me anyway

Tyranitar! She's got her little family with her <3
Hehe Feraligatr is waving at Venusaur and Venusaur's all "Wtf? O.o"
Furret <3

Win. Pure win =D

concerning the use of kawaii, it might be annoying but you people act like English doesn't use loanwords.

Well yeah, of course it does, but I dread the day "Kawaii" is incorporated into an English dictionary.

Anyway I'm going to be quiet.

Qwilfish (just above Kyogre's snout) is poking out from behind Dragonair going "HEY I'M A POKEMON TOO!"

Drodrio looks grossly oversized to me. It's bigger than Sceptile...

Ninjask is felling machoke's muscles in the left. Creepy.

Baltoy is all \o/ WEWT-y

Natu is doing his happy dance in the front.

Metapod and Kakuna (just in front of Vaporeon) are all "Don't ignore us..."

dusknoir looks like he might kidnap Lapras

Hitmonchan is <3

Regis are so awesome in that pose.

concerning the use of kawaii, it might be annoying but you people act like English doesn't use loanwords.

It's not a loanword though. I would be fine with it if it were. It's just that people use it when they could easily use 'cute'. If it were being used like a loanword, that one person wouldn't have said "kawaii, ne?".

Drodrio looks grossly oversized to me. It's bigger than Sceptile...

Dodrios are supposed to be about 4 inches taller than Sceptiles on average (5'11" vs. 5'07"), so what's so weird about that?

Besides, I don't think the picture is really intended to be to scale, considering that most of the "big" legendaries (in the 12 to 20 foot range) take up almost as much space as the 47-foot Wailord.

The problem with "kawaii" isn't that it's borrowed from Japanese. It's that it means pretty much exactly the same thing as several English words that already exist, so there's really no reason to use it instead of one of those words.

Of course, knowing the Internet, there probably are idiots out there who hate it just because it's Japanese and wouldn't complain at all if someone randomly blurted out unnecessary bits of French or Arabic in the middle of their otherwise-English sentences... but I'm guessing most people get annoyed by it because people are sticking a Japanese word into their English sentences when something like "cute" or "adorable" would work just as well.

Back
Top Bottom